Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on ebola?

Default Any thoughts on ebola?

I don't think it's that big of a deal to western countries, because here people get easily segregated as soon as ebola is recognized, then treated appropriately as far as possible. So you either survive or die, but you won't infect others as quickly as in Western Africa. So as long as infected people get recognized as such quickly it won't spreed as deadly as over there. What do you think?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

It won't spread here. It requires poor government infrastructure and a lack of indoor plumbing helps. Our infrastructure is too well developed for more than a handful of isolated cases.

However, this is a humanitarian disaster that has been grossly underfunded due to a lack of domations. As far as I understand, donations usually are given to shocking and climactic events, these move people more to donate. (Such as tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes etc.)

So donations to halting Ebola in Africa have been dwindling and not nearly enough. Here's the crazy thing, donations can make a serious difference against ebola. A small donations can go far in helping improve medical treatment and facilities, as well as preventative measures. If you are afraid of ebola in the West, stopping it in Africa before it becomes self-sustaining is the most important. Also you know, if you can afford it, you could do some serious good in helping others in need.
    I donated, so should you:
    https://www.redcross.org/donate/ebola-outbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

In a nutshell, I don't want to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    If you are afraid of ebola in the West, stopping it in Africa before it becomes self-sustaining is the most important.
    Fight it over there so we don't have to fight it at home? Well, I guess now we know how to pitch it to Republicans. Unless...wait, we can't just bomb Ebola, right? Ok, no, that's fine. Just the donations then.

Where's Thibault? I want to ask him why Holland isn't doing more to help.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Where's Thibault? I want to ask him why Holland isn't doing more to help.
    I just came here to say this: lololololo
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I think I want to reinstall Plague, Inc.

And move to Greenland.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

And how sweet would it be if this was a 'first world' problem instead of happening in Africa?
    There'd already be a vaccine and proper treatment.
    But wait, maybe we can test the vaccine in Africa frist this way.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    And how sweet would it be if this was a 'first world' problem instead of happening in Africa?
    There'd already be a vaccine and proper treatment.
    But wait, maybe we can test the vaccine in Africa frist this way.
    Holy shit, are you really this fucking dumb? Gee, I wish the US and Britain would get an ebola outbreak so they would get a decent vaccine for it and save the planet...derrr.

Maybe if the African countries would care for themselves, not live in plague infested shit holes and live like responsible human beings, that might be a start. You want to exist as your ancestors did for the past 40,000 years, you may have health issues. But let's hope America gets ebola so we can cure the world's ills...lol. Jeeezuz cripes, what a moron.

People are making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be without knowing enough about it.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Holy shit, are you really this fucking dumb? Gee, I wish the US and Britain would get an ebola outbreak so they would get a decent vaccine for it and save the planet...derrr.

Maybe if the African countries would care for themselves, not live in plague infested shit holes and live like responsible human beings, that might be a start. You want to exist as your ancestors did for the past 40,000 years, you may have health issues. But let's hope America gets ebola so we can cure the world's ills...lol. Jeeezuz cripes, what a moron.
    Well, thank you for making your position clear. Crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    People are making a bigger deal of it than it needs to be without knowing enough about it.
    Thousands of dead people are no big deal then. Ok, I get it.
    Turn the lights on.