Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 741

Thread: The Welcome Thread!

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where deserts rats dwell
    Posts
    4,445


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Girl View Post
    Hi, I'm Les Paul Girl and I'm happy to be here!

    Music is pretty much my whole life; I teach singing for a living and when I get home I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar.

    (I hadn't played power chords before and I decided to use Pretty Fly to learn how to use them -not a very good idea! Well, sure - I can use them now but my wrist hurts )
    Hey, welcome. About your wrist, no pain, no gain.

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vxj, Sweden
    Posts
    169


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Hey, welcome. About your wrist, no pain, no gain.
    Thanks =)
    I'll try to remember that!

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Where deserts rats dwell
    Posts
    4,445


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Girl View Post
    Thanks =)
    I'll try to remember that!
    Oh yeah, I forget to mention my first song was The Kids Arent Alright. Thats a good song because the chord progression in the verse is use alot by other bands.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vxj, Sweden
    Posts
    169


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forget to mention my first song was The Kids Arent Alright. Thats a good song because the chord progression in the verse is use alot by other bands.
    I'll have to try that one too, then
    I really appreciate the help! There are so many songs that I would like to play but it isn't always easy to know which ones are at a moderate level and which ones are wrist killers...

  5. #225
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,756


    Default

    You can consider TKAA as a wrist killer ;P. Intro isn't that friendly as well, for starters it is. But it's a must-know song if you play guitar.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    575


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Girl View Post
    Hi, I'm Les Paul Girl and I'm happy to be here!

    Music is pretty much my whole life; I teach singing for a living and when I get home I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar.

    (I hadn't played power chords before and I decided to use Pretty Fly to learn how to use them -not a very good idea! Well, sure - I can use them now but my wrist hurts )
    Hello You seem very nice I'm happy ppl like you're joining this forums. Unfortunately I can't give you advice about playing guitar, so I just wish you good luck about learning how to play
    Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Maybe they took the name The Offspring, because Green Day was already used.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vxj, Sweden
    Posts
    169


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangovered View Post
    Hello You seem very nice I'm happy ppl like you're joining this forums. Unfortunately I can't give you advice about playing guitar, so I just wish you good luck about learning how to play
    Thank you, I'll try not to turn into Mr Hyde by night
    I will probably need some luck when it comes to learning, so I thank you for that as well =)

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bratislava, Slovakia
    Posts
    5,885


    Default

    Pretty Fly is not a good song to begin to learn power chords, indeed. From Offspring songs, I would choose for example Self Esteem, that is pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Vxj, Sweden
    Posts
    169


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Pretty Fly is not a good song to begin to learn power chords, indeed. From Offspring songs, I would choose for example Self Esteem, that is pretty easy.
    Oh no, it sure isn't... Self Esteem is one of my favourites so I'm happy to hear that it's not that difficult - will definitely try it

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Your mom's panties
    Posts
    3,640


    Thumbs up

    I started learning power chords with the come out swinging intro, which was ridiculous considering how fast it is! But starting with something hard makes future attempts look easy in comparison..remember that!

    And yes, self esteem is really easy.
    Gotta get away is easy & awesome too.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •