Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: The Welcome Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    Welcome ... I hope you enjoy your stay here
    Don't let the bogeyman chase you away from here *you know who you are*
    Thanks, I hope I will
    Haven't made his acquaintance yet, but I promise I won't let him

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Welcome! I recommend you to start with Can't Get My Head Around You, should be easier than Pretty Fly. Enjoy your stay and make this place more enjoyable.
    Thanks for the welcome and for the song recommendation =) I'm currently working on Basket Case (Green Day), but listening to Billie Joe's voice hour after hour just don't do it for me. I really want to do an Offspring song next - I'll make sure to try Can't Get My Head...

Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul Girl View Post
    Hi, I'm Les Paul Girl and I'm happy to be here!

Music is pretty much my whole life; I teach singing for a living and when I get home I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar.

(I hadn't played power chords before and I decided to use Pretty Fly to learn how to use them -not a very good idea! Well, sure - I can use them now but my wrist hurts )
    Hey, welcome. About your wrist, no pain, no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Hey, welcome. About your wrist, no pain, no gain.
    Thanks =)
    I'll try to remember that!

Thanks =)
    I'll try to remember that!
    Oh yeah, I forget to mention my first song was The Kids Arent Alright. Thats a good song because the chord progression in the verse is use alot by other bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    Oh yeah, I forget to mention my first song was The Kids Arent Alright. Thats a good song because the chord progression in the verse is use alot by other bands.
    I'll have to try that one too, then
    I really appreciate the help! There are so many songs that I would like to play but it isn't always easy to know which ones are at a moderate level and which ones are wrist killers...

You can consider TKAA as a wrist killer ;P. Intro isn't that friendly as well, for starters it is. But it's a must-know song if you play guitar.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Hi, I'm Les Paul Girl and I'm happy to be here!

Music is pretty much my whole life; I teach singing for a living and when I get home I'm trying to learn how to play the guitar.

(I hadn't played power chords before and I decided to use Pretty Fly to learn how to use them -not a very good idea! Well, sure - I can use them now but my wrist hurts )
    Hello You seem very nice I'm happy ppl like you're joining this forums. Unfortunately I can't give you advice about playing guitar, so I just wish you good luck about learning how to play
    Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Maybe they took the name The Offspring, because Green Day was already used.

Quote Originally Posted by hangovered View Post
    Hello You seem very nice I'm happy ppl like you're joining this forums. Unfortunately I can't give you advice about playing guitar, so I just wish you good luck about learning how to play
    Thank you, I'll try not to turn into Mr Hyde by night
    I will probably need some luck when it comes to learning, so I thank you for that as well =)

Pretty Fly is not a good song to begin to learn power chords, indeed. From Offspring songs, I would choose for example Self Esteem, that is pretty easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Pretty Fly is not a good song to begin to learn power chords, indeed. From Offspring songs, I would choose for example Self Esteem, that is pretty easy.
    Oh no, it sure isn't... Self Esteem is one of my favourites so I'm happy to hear that it's not that difficult - will definitely try it