Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Hybrid View

Default Static Martyr on Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/timtationsmusic

Hi, my name is Tim and I'm a guitarist/backup singer, currently "unemployed." Until very recently I was a member of a local band (well, actually just two other singers and myself) called "The Great American Noise Machine," but due to complications we have decided to part ways....as a result, I am now operating under my joke-band side-project name, "The Tim Tations," which can be found at the address mentioned above. We're releasing a 2009 Christmas/Holiday EP in just a few days, so keep an eye out for that!

Thanks, BBS, for your support through the last 2 years of Static Martyr and Great American Noise Machine....hopefully, another band opportunity will present itself before long. In the meantime, I suppose I'll mostly be "releasing" songs just for fun here and on my other internet frequents, since the band career opportunity is kind of shot until further notice.

So yeah....um, click on the myspace, enjoy (or don't), and thanks for your support (or...um, unsupport? either way, thanks for taking the time to listen at all~).

--Tim
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 12-21-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Hey Tim! I liked all your short pieces. Good luck with finding more guys in your band and starting with a kickass album introduced by Nitro Records
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Wow, thanks That's some motivation. And I've always dreamed of starting on something like Nitro, or Lookout!, just because of all the great bands that have come off of those labels---particularly the Offspring's debut (of course). That's one of my fave "punk" albums of all time, just because of how raw and visceral it is.

On a side note....did anyone else think "Stuff Is Messed Up" was a refreshing throwback to the good ol' Offspring vitriol? I haven't seen anything quite that aggressive (politically speaking) out of Dexter and the gang since Ignition (or maybe Smash, if you count stuff like So Alone and Not The One). In fact, I think that's one of my favorite tracks off of Rise and Fall.

Yeah, Stuff Is Messed Up is definately the most aggressive song on the album, to me it reminds Americana (the song) the most.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Ah, yes---I don't know how I could have forgotten about Americana...0_0

Quote Originally Posted by terricaryan1 View Post
    Hey! Tim, Good Luck . Hope many more will join you very soon.
    The bot knows ur name!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Hey! Tim, Good Luck . Hope many more will join you very soon.

Thanks; I hope so, too. Steve (singer) recently got in contact with a guy who plays bass and has a few ideas of his own, so maybe things are looking up? Now all we need is a drummer that's flesh and blood instead of circuitry and whatnot....(drum machine)....0_0

In any case, we're getting together this weekend to record some full-band stuff (with the drum machine, of course). It's not gonna be great (it's all in mono, because I can't figure out how to balance the mix right in stereo---the drum machine is in mono, and it's kind of the backbone of the sound), but it's just demos, anyway. I hope to have a decent recording studio set up some time in the next year or two.

On another side note: if anybody has any good mixing tips for using CoolEdit Pro 2.0, that would help me a lot. I'm having trouble making recordings with more than 3 or 4 tracks that mix well.

This topic is probably old news by now, but I'm posting here anyway; I uploaded two new tracks to the page, both with vocals. I'm trying to get some basic framework worked out, so we can put together an EP or something---I got my hands on a decent mike, so we can improve the sound quality a little, now. It'll still take forever---with one mike, five tracks, and a hundred million retakes, it's going to be a long haul---but at least now it's on the way to being listenable.

Now, if only I could get my singer over here....@~@

Very nice music. keep on rockin.