Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Yeah, I can't wait! I've always wanted to learn how to play drums. I get paid tomorrow, so I'll know then if I can go ahead and buy it tomorrow or if I'll have to wait two weeks until next pay day. Either way, I'll have it before two weeks go by, for sure.

In the meantime, I've been experimenting with different mixes/settings/equalizations of my drum machine. I uploaded a track with a couple of different customizations just today, called "An Apology (To The World)". It's the sixth track on the list on our Myspace. Kind of a Foo Fighters/Offspring type thing, at least inspirationally. I don't know if that's what it sounds like; that's just what I was feeling when I put it together.

So yah. Peace to the Offspring boards!

I don't know how long this topic's supposed to stay dead before it's considered "bad manners" to revive it....but in any case, here goes:

I put up a version of "An Apology" on the Myspace today that has lyrics. For some reason the first verse is louder than the rest (I suck at mixing, sorry....though I'm working on it). I've been experiementing with "oozin' ahs" and vocal harmonies and whatnot, so I'd be appreciative if you could give it a listen and tell me how the ones in this song sound (during the first two choruses). Just on a scale of 1-10, roughly; I know they're not great, but I need an outside opinion in order to flesh out the picture I have of myself. Ya know?

Thanks in advance,

--Tim

Hey, just reporting in~ I just finished piecing together our first Recruitment Demo EP! Yay! I'm sending it to all my friends and musician-people in the tri-county area, in hopes that a basser or drummist will see it and want to join the band. I'm also putting up some videos on our Myspace later this week (got 'em filmed, just gotta size 'em down to less than 200+ mb 0_0).

Even though we haven't interviewed or spoken to a single bass player or drummer, things actually seem to be looking up. I'm kind of stoked

I wish we lived closer together, so I could hand out copies of my demo (it's 15 tracks, way more than the 6 you can post on Myspace, unfortunately). This board seems like the kind of place where I could find people who share my musical interest. Around here it's all pop and country and shitty AC/DC cover bands. Nothing on AC/DC, just that I really, really hate the cover bands around here. I really do---although, to be fair, I think that's got more to do with the fact that every time you play a show around here, people ask, "do you guys know any AC/DC?", or, "can you play Freebird?" It's like a bad Ramones joke....cover bands are so overrated around here, I'm surprised there's an original music scene at all.

I guess we can bring back the good ol' punk scene, huh? God, I hope so...even Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance are better than this shit. Seriously.

Just FYI - it's okay to bump your own topic so long as it's with news like "we have a new gig" or "we're recording a new song!" instead of "bump check out my band lolz!". Y'know? So feel free to revive the thread as long as you really have something new to talk about. Which you seem to, so carry on. :]
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Ah, that's nice to know~ I'll keep that in mind.

Shouldn't be a whole lot of updates for awhile, unless something off-key happens in the next week or two. I'm setting up a lot of the framework right now, but once I finish it's out of my control; we'll just have to wait for people who are willing to join.

Until then....adios~

This is probably the best place to come first....but I just uploaded a cover of The Offspring's "The Kids Aren't Alright" that I thought you guys might want to give a listen~ I'm not entirely sure if that's legal or OK, but I figure worst-case-scenario somebody on these boards can ask the band if it's OK 0_0 But I really like that song, so in the meantime, the cover is the last track on my band's myspace (the URL is still in my first post in this topic).

Peace, Offspring boards

I can't see TKAA there, but I have a feeling that I know how it would sound
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Ah, well, I sorta *just* took it down last night and replaced it with a version of "Olympia, WA" by Rancid. I'm doing a rotating-cover thing every couple of weeks, just out of boredom. So far I've got Crazy Train (Ozzy Osbourne), Insight (Dead Kennedys), Olympia WA (Rancid), and TKAA (Offspring) recorded. We also have plans to do some stuff by NOFX and Alkaline Trio, plus maybe a few Green Days (and of course, some more Offspring).

In the meantime, though....I was actually just on my way over here to post that I've updated the Myspace again. I have a track on which Steve (our "true" vocalist) actually sings! It's the first one. As far as the others go, I've redone a few of them to improve the sound quality. Hopefully, now it's at least listenable 0_0

I liked the ending of Military Mind. I'd label your current sound as "Angry voice of youth"
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

The Olympia WA cover was actually quite decent. But tell The Drum Machine that he should add some more fills to his drumming

...although I know it is not easy to teach him that, I also had some experience with some guy named Drum Machine and he was quite boring in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.