Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Just thought I'd drop by and leave this here~ It's a song from mah upcoming album (currently untitled), called "One-Way Affair." Enjoy (or don't)!
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

I enjoyed.

That was a cool song! Sounds a little like What I Am (Again). The three-four time totally works and gives a really different feel to the song. Still looking (even more) forward to the album now
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I enjoyed.
    Well that is dandy my good sir (or madam)! Thank you much

That was a cool song! Sounds a little like What I Am (Again). The three-four time totally works and gives a really different feel to the song. Still looking (even more) forward to the album now
    Yeah, I was afraid someone might notice that....I didn't realize the similarities till I was doing the backup vocals for the chorus (the second part has the same progression as Again), and by then I didn't care enough to go back and change anything.

I'd love to provide some more updates, but for lack of material I should provide some irrelevant but interesting(?) factoids instead:

(1) I was listening to Back Issues again last night while working on some new material (trying to get some inspiration I guess), and I forgot that I never pointed out that "I Forgot How To Die" was the original version of the song "Victory (With A Capital Why)" from my 2009 concept album thingy~ V(WaCW) was originally going to be slower, but it would've ended up being like 7 minutes long and not diverse enough to justify the length, so I sped it up. You may notice that the choruses on the two used a very similar basic progression.

(2) Another thing I just remembered while listening to Hollywood Atheist last night: f you remember awhile back I was telling you that I had this old song called Contemporary Visionary that I scrapped for being too similar to Recipe For Hate by Bad Religion? Well, the song "What I Am (Again)" was actually originally written during that same period; it was originally going on the second Static Martyr album (which never officially came out, though I still have the tracks and listing here somewhere), but I bought Recipe for Hate shortly after recording it and realized that it sounds suspiciously like "Don't Pray On Me." It even had the same lyrical cadence. It kinda pissed me off cuz I was really proud of that song....I seem to have a habit for writing songs that other bands have already written. There was another unreleased Static Martyr song called "Spousal Abuse" that used the same intro as Straight Edge by Minor Threat. And IIRC, I managed to accidentally steal from both Kristy, Are You Doing Okay? and Self-Esteem by Offspring with the song "The Fool (Again)" from the 2009 concept album.
    "I'm sorry
    "

'Kay, so, working on a new album (as I've taken pains to mention several times in recent memory), and I got done with the new single from this album, Words To You. It's a slow jam. Enjoy (or don't)!
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    'Kay, so, working on a new album (as I've taken pains to mention several times in recent memory), and I got done with the new single from this album, Words To You. It's a slow jam. Enjoy (or don't)!
    Really, really nice! It seems like the mixing still got a little better and now the vocals are really present and the instruments are nicely mixed. As for the song, I really like it even though my favorites of yours are the fast ones. But once in a while you write these slow songs that just amaze me like I Forgot How To Die or White People Problems with their catchy choruses and really chill guitar work. Stoked for the album!
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

So guys, check this out: my old vocalist, Steven G., and his GF came out with some new tracks! Check 'em out!

01 - Devotion
    02 - Taura Island
    07 - Diana Dancing

They're numbered weird cuz that's how he sent them to me, and I was too lazy to rename them. So yeah. Mostly slow jams, but hey, interestingly, that's where T3 has been lately as well. Wooo
    "I'm sorry
    "

The bots can sense that there is a new album/EP coming!!!

The Ricetigers

...oddly enough they'd be right. I'm actually almost done; hoping to be done sometime this week or next. I was hoping to be done early this week, but my mom is back in town and that's causing all kinds of mixups and scheduling mishaps, so I haven't had time to work on it at all (my mom is like a mad scientist, you can never tell what she's gonna want to do or how it's gonna mess up your plans from one moment to the next....ghaaaa). She's going back to Alaska Thursday, though, so things will be settled down by then and I can work on it. I only have two full tracks left to record, and one to lay bass and some extra guitar on.

Let me tell you, this is easily my favorite thing I've ever recorded. It's not political at all, almost all personal stuff, but it's a lot more weird and dynamic and experimental, and that's the stuff that I like working on the most. It feels less constricted than working on straightforward pop and pop-punk. It's gonna be about 13 tracks (give or take) and there's gonna be all kinds of shit on it. Kind of a mishmash of everything I've done up to this point.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Alright, my beautiful audience of loyal robots! The new album is in its final stages of production (I have only 2 short bookend tracks to record that I'm gonna try and knock out today, plus the lyrics and "artwork" ), and it should be out sometime early this week! There may be a slight delay (read: there will be a slight delay because that always happens any time I put a concrete release date on anything), but expect it by the end of the week! It will be called Dr. Damned and the Black Box Dilemma, and it will be around 14 tracks and just barely over 40 minutes long. It's sort of a rock-opera-slash-concept-album-type endeavor, similar to my 2009 concept album but also kinda different. I've taken a much more experimental approach to this one (there's a lot of weirdness and variety and weirdness), more focus on breaks and interludes and stuff, less linear song structure, lots of reprises, recurring riffs; I've also been experimenting with the leitmotif, the end result of which (in my opinion) is that this ends up sounding more like one long song, or perhaps a musical play, than a strict album with segments and individual songs. I'm hoping the robots will like it as much as I do. I'm really happy with this album; it has my first song over 5 minutes since the 2009 concept album Track listing will be (roughly) as follows:

1. Once Upon A Time
    2. Countdown
    3. The Black Box Dilemma
    4. Pearls Before Swine
    5. Words To You
    6. Dr. Damned
    7. I'm Going Home
    8. Untitled (yes, that's the name of the song)
    9. Admit It
    10. The Black Box Dilemma (Part II)
    11. One-Way Affair
    12. Revenge of the Pigs
    13. The Black Box Dilemma (Part III - Reprise)
    14. (currently untitled)

For the record, I kinda went with a sort of fairy-tale-fantasy motif to make the "storyline" easier to follow....last time the overarching concepts were kind of vague and mostly required explanations after the fact. I want this one to flow more freely and be obvious even to people who don't already know what it's supposed to be about.
    "I'm sorry
    "