Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Hell yeah! Oh Shit, It's Christmas rocks
    Also, I see you are keeping up the psychological influence in your lyrics, right?
    I like that. I'm now looking forward to the EP!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I've been interested in creating all kinds of music my entire life, but I'd never had access to the kind of training or resources that would put me in a position to do so. But chip music is really accessible and has a real DIY culture around it; if you have access to the same tools you use for other shit (e-mail, video games, work), you can put together some sort of chip music set up that will allow you to make some stuff.

^Even the robots are excited!

It's almost done, BTW; I've finished recording all the tracks on it (except the intro, but that will take like 5 minutes tops), so it'll probably be up this afternoon or tomorrow morning
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Nice. The band with probably the most robot groupies in the world strikes once again!
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Alright, my fancy-ass Christmas/Holiday EP is finally up and ready to go --- available now, right here!

Can I Have My Check Now? Christmas with The Tim Tations = http://www.sendspace.com/file/hlwd4c

The tracks are as follows:

01...I Drink Your Milkshake {0:26}
    02...Oh Shit, It's Christmas {3:12}
    03...The Great American Fuck-Off {2:34}
    04...Histrionic {3:26}
    05...Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight Tonight) [Ramones cover] {2:06}
    06...Sexy Man {1:34}
    07...Goodnight, Good Guy [Collective Soul cover] {3:36}

Lyrics, quotes (to help discern the significance of each song), and (really, really shoddy) cover art are included in the .zip file. Have at it (or don't)!

--Tim

P.S. Some notes; I had to supply all of the material myself this time, so it was a lot more work than normal. I ended up with a sound closer to what I was doing before I met Steve and Allen --- quick and dirty popcore, I guess you'd call it. But I tried to keep open and experimenting, as well....only time (and criticism) will tell if I accomplished that Just keep your mind open as you listen, for the best effect.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Alright, I just listened through the EP for the first time and once again you don't disappoint me. I love the songs but I also noticed that you improved the sound quality. Really good work!

The Ricetigers

That Christmas mini-album is actually great. Not too complex, but catchy and fun. The quality gotten better indeed, but starting from The Great American Fuck-Off bass really starts to reign over everything. I like how your Ramones cover which doesn't sound like a Ramones song. But my favorite is the gay song.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

BTW, for anyone who's interested, I stepped up the lower frequencies in Sexy Man so you can hear the guitar better:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vz0wep

Alright, I just listened through the EP for the first time and once again you don't disappoint me. I love the songs but I also noticed that you improved the sound quality. Really good work!
    I'm surprised, actually! I had been working on different mixing tactics (as you may be able to tell by the slight differences in the mixing quality of some tracks on the EP), but I didn't think it would be that noticeable....

*is all now*

That Christmas mini-album is actually great. Not too complex, but catchy and fun. The quality gotten better indeed, but starting from The Great American Fuck-Off bass really starts to reign over everything. I like how your Ramones cover which doesn't sound like a Ramones song. But my favorite is the gay song.
    Yeah, I kinda wrote it as a "bass album;" most of the songs are pretty bass-centric with much simpler guitar parts than normal, just because I've been playing a lot of bass lately and trying to get better at it. Sexy Man and Oh Shit are probably the only really guitar-centric songs (although if you listen closely to the right channel in the Ramones cover, you can hear some ad-libbing Country Bumpkin guitar riffs that I threw in just for fun, before I recorded the bass and accidentally drowned them out~).

I started to do the Ramones cover traditionally, but I already had Goodnight, Good Guy as a traditional cover, so I thought it would be lame to have two completely straight-up covers on the same short album, so I made it ska because I have a penchant for pulling goofy-ass ska basslines out of my ass and I knew I could do it really quickly. Goodnight, Good Guy is a song I've always wanted to cover, but I was never good enough at guitar or drums to do it. It was good practice, and I'm happy with how it turned out. Here's the original for reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RogqLbpHQyg

I REALLY wanted to cover "Gel" by the same band, but I'm not good enough to nail the second half of the solo yet (where the second guitar comes in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn-c3uBfwVA

So I settled for G,GG instead (which is another favorite by them~).
    "I'm sorry
    "

Default Static Martyr on Myspace

If youre a blatant cheat, advertise the fact on myspace and your g/f is a web designer you must be pretty dumb to think youre gonna get away with it.

As you have probably figured out by now, I have become a huge fan of your stuff and again, you haven't disappointed. I agree with everything that Adrian & Andrei have said. The EP completely rocks and it is a really nice addition to my collection