Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Cute ballad, it's also a great thing to create a character who would be mentioned in more than one song, you surprised me again :].
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Alright, one more for today: The Answer, Version 2.0, finally complete after three weeks of labor! It's not perfect, but it's as damn close as I plan on getting:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2c3u9t

And of course, new lyrics:

The Answer

"Like an avalanche
    Like a bus driving the wrong way down a railroad track
    It hit me, and I wondered --- how could it be this way?
    How could I not have noticed?
    The way things are today
    All I wanna do is play, and fuck tomorrow
    'Cause tomorrow's another day

In a multitude
    In a textbook definition sense of wonder
    It came to me, a realization
    That nothing I have done
    Has been what I have wanted
    All I wanna do is stay right here and stagnate
    'Cause I can't find the strength to break away

I never realized how much power I can have
    Never thought I'd find a way to get the things I never had
    I can't explain this revelation
    Communicate first-hand sensation
    Impossibility becomes so real/surreal

Never thought the answer would be so simple
    An understanding consequence of meeting new people
    This unforgiving degredation
    Second-hand annihilation
    Leaves me with no feelings of regret

In a sudden flash
    It's all become so clear to me
    The things that I have done
    Where to look and how to right my wrongs
    Where have I been for so long?
    No wonder something's wrong!
    As soon as you believe you've found the answer
    You're oh-so-fucking wrong

I can't get through to you
    But I'm not trying to
    It's not my job to make you better...
    ...but do you need responsibility
    To lend a helping hand?
    It's your choice to be my enemy
    Your choice to be my friend

It's not that it's not real
    It's just that you can't feel the same forever
    So move along now

It's not that you can't deal
    It's not supposed to be a drug
    But you can't live without it

You might just have the strength to break away...

Can you hear them all, beyond the rise and fall?
    They call to you, they ask you for salvation
    They don't ask....they fucking beg

And will you drag them through this nightmare?
    This vision of reality?
    It's what they want to see, or so they say
    They tell you, just get on your knees
    And pray for glory
    But I don't want to be a slave

The answer's always moving because the question is absurd
    You haven't told me anything I haven't already heard
    Just stupid bullshit condescension;
    I'll find my peace, and did I mention?
    Truth is such an unforgiving thing....but at least you fucking tried."

EDIT: Ah, crap, didn't see these:

Cute ballad, it's also a great thing to create a character who would be mentioned in more than one song, you surprised me again :].

Hah, many thanks I wasn't originally gonna do it with Johnny White (I've had this one planned for a week or so now), but then when I actually sat down to do the lyrics, every time I needed a word, "Johnny White" just drifted into my head...and so it goes~

Wow. Johnny White, Envelope Guru = beauty. I liked it right after the first listen.

Wow, thanks~ I wrote and recorded it in like 15 minutes, which is sort of a new record for me.
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 01-18-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Oh my god. The new version of The Answer blew me away + the quality has improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

*is happy*

Also thanks~

But yeah, I was playing with The Answer in CoolEdit the other night, and I was re-sampling the back vocals.....and I found this feature under "noise reduction" that I had never noticed before: "Clip reduction."

@o@

I click on it, and these options come up:

-Restore heavily clipped
    -Restore light clipping
    -Restore normal

And I'm like, "there is a God...."

So I've been playing with all my old stuff now, messing around with this clip reduction feature....I am quite content now~
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 01-19-2009 at 02:49 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post

*is happy*

Also thanks~

But yeah, I was playing with The Answer in CoolEdit the other night, and I was re-sampling the back vocals.....and I found this feature under "noise reduction" that I had never noticed before: "Clip reduction."

@o@

I click on it, and these options come up:

-Restore heavily clipped
    -Restore light clipping
    -Restore normal

And I'm like, "there is a God...."

So I've been playing with all my old stuff now, messing around with this clip reduction feature....I am quite content now~
    Hey that's cool. I'm looking forward to some remastered stuff
    By the way, I noticed a part in The Answer(2). During "cause I can't find the strength to break away" (1:32 - 1:36), the sound seems to "melt" or something(I don't know how to express this). Also, what is that weird noise after the acoustic break begins? Sounds like you're stepping on a newspaper
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

By the way, I noticed a part in The Answer(2). During "cause I can't find the strength to break away" (1:32 - 1:36), the sound seems to "melt" or something(I don't know how to express this). Also, what is that weird noise after the acoustic break begins? Sounds like you're stepping on a newspaper

Yeah, I heard that, too Gotta fix that. I was fumbling with the lyrics sheet....bad short-term memory, see.

As for the meltingness, I'm not sure what that could be. I'll have to listen to it again~
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    As for the meltingness, I'm not sure what that could be. I'll have to listen to it again~
    Well, I listened to it again and it seems like there is missing a part of the song (one or two seconds). You can hear it very well when comparing it to the part in The Answer #1.

The Ricetigers

Oh, that? I'm a bit relieved now~ See, that was something I did on purpose; I had this picture in my head of the entire band playing the first verse....and then, almost like they can see the chorus coming, they screech to a halt right before it begins, all together in a sort of "skidding" motion (I guess this would be the melting you describe?), and then they just kick back in out of nowhere about a half-second later. As strange as it may sound, that's actually not edited in; that's the way it was played, and the way I intended it.

But if you're criticizing it because you don't like it, that's cool, too~ It's not like I expect all of my ideas to be made of gold. Just chalk it up to wacky experimentation

EDIT: Thinking of it like the long-jump event in a triathlon helps; it's like the recoil before the actual leap. Imagine there's an obstacle between the end of the verse and the beginning of the chorus, and the music kind of hesitates before the jump, massing its energy into the next motion....and then there's the leap, and it's not touching the ground, and then it hits the ground full force. After a slight readjustment (maybe a rough landing?), everything's back to normal~

I imagine if there was a video for this song, it would be kinda like "All I Want" by The Offspring (not entirely, just using the guy from the video as an example); picture the guy doing a jump right during that part, then hitting the ground as everything starts up again. Same thing later, on the last note of the solo in version 2.

Have you listened to "Walking Disaster" by Sum 41, off of Underclass Hero? Deryck Whibley does something similar when he ties the slower intro into the faster verse/chorus progression of that song.
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 01-21-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Default Hey Tim

Great post! Hope your doing well. I'm new to all these forums and such...I just wanted to let you guys know to check out our website. Were music collectors!!! Love to Rock. Check us out sometime....
    http://Jesterhouseofdesigns.com

Alright, I hesitate to call them "new songs," but we have some new recordings up:

Can Intro = http://www.sendspace.com/file/azf9bl

Hotmouth = http://www.sendspace.com/file/s26fdy

Just a couple of humorous little ditties about nothing, really. Allen wrote both of them; all I did was play drums and keyboards.

As for Can Intro, there's a little story behind that....we always have lots of soda around during recording sessions (usually either Coca-Cola or Orange Crush), and while I was recording the keyboard part for Hotmouth, Allen opened a can of coke and it made that "pt-shhh" noise it makes. In the moment I put two and two together and thought, "The album we're doing is called Saviors of Flavor, right? Flavor....coke....that can be our intro!" So the next time one of us opened a coke, we sampled in the sound and recorded a vocal track underneath it. And that will be the introductory track to our "album" when it's finished.

As for Hotmouth....the vocals need some serious work (we had like 8 overdub vocal tracks at first, but it overloaded so badly that I had to mute half of them....I'm hoping I can get Allen and Steve over sometime in the future so we can work out some kind of coherent melody or harmony or beat or something....I think it could be truly great if we could actually make it listenable~ It could be like a dance-pop song with lyrics so filthy, even the most self-proclaimed "edgy" stations wouldn't want to play it But yeah, Hotmouth isn't so much a thing in itself as an harbinger of things to come; we're trying out some different drum beats and stuff. Definitely not traditional "punk" stuff.

Lyrics will be posted later with the final version. As of now I don't have them.
    "I'm sorry
    "