Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna zip 'em into a few files and upload 'em. It's gonna take about two or three days, though, because there are over 150MB of files to compress, and I can only upload 200MB a day....and I have to keep some bandwidth free for the rest of my family, so I can only do about 1/3-1/4 of the whole thing each day. I'll start tomorrow (my dad already overstepped the limit today, so we're about 20MB from max capacity), and I'll upload about 40-50MB a day until I have all of the files uploaded. It should be between 3 and 5 zip files, alphabetized (for the most part).

If ya want, I can PM you when they're up~
    I could help you with that if the uploads are causing trouble for you. Just tell me which songs I shall put together and upload. I think I have got most of them by now
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

^Well that's the thing, it's sorta all of them. After awhile they time out and sendspace (or rapidshare, or any filesharing site you don't have a premium account with) deletes them. So even if there are some songs that don't need uploading right now, they will need it before long --- I think the timeout is either one month or three months, but I'm not sure. All I know is that I uploaded most of the stuff in the first post of this topic back in March, when I was AOM (most of the links are C+P from the AOM:March topic, anyway). And it's only two months later, and over half of them are down. So I'm leaning towards one month or 30 days or something.

And thanks for the offer/help, but as we record more songs, I'll still need to keep searching....but in the meantime, if you want to upload some yourself, feel free~
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Sorry about the delay, folks, but I just found out (rather abruptly) that Allen will no longer be a part of the project because he's moving very far away So it's back down to Steven and I again; and out of respect, we've decided not to use any of the songs that Allen wrote by himself in case he wants to use them with a future project.

And with this new change, the band's name will probably be changed back to "Static Martyr," because that was what we called ourselves before Allen came along.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Ohh, what a surprise... Good luck to Allen, it's a shame that he doesn't know yet that he's skipping the chance to be a part of the future rock legends.
    Seriously tho :[.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

... I hope you find a new member for your band soon.
    Which songs were actually written by Allen?
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

If ya want, I can PM you when they're up~
    That would be really cool ... Thanks

Sorry about the delay, folks, but I just found out (rather abruptly) that Allen will no longer be a part of the project because he's moving very far away So it's back down to Steven and I again; and out of respect, we've decided not to use any of the songs that Allen wrote by himself in case he wants to use them with a future project.

And with this new change, the band's name will probably be changed back to "Static Martyr," because that was what we called ourselves before Allen came along.
    I'm sorry to hear about Allen, but does this affect the uploads. I can understand if you want to respect his artistic input into bands, but if it does affect the uploads, can you maybe make this the last one ... before you make any major changes I just want to complete my collection of your stuff and if it doesn't work out, I will have to go begging at ad8 door
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    No, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.
    See you on the road!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is my collection:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BSS302F
    This should be about 100 megabytes of awesome music. Enjoy!
    Maybe some of the GANM songs are missing(the White Flag Of Surrender EP is not on there), but maybe they are. I'm sure that it'll be much easier now for Tim to upload the few songs that might be missing.

The Ricetigers

I'm sorry to hear about Allen, but does this affect the uploads. I can understand if you want to respect his artistic input into bands, but if it does affect the uploads, can you maybe make this the last one ... before you make any major changes I just want to complete my collection of your stuff and if it doesn't work out, I will have to go begging at ad8 door
    No, it won't affect anything we've done so far --- these are mostly unofficial demos. The only stuff we've officially released (and on our own label, at that) are the original 11 Static Martyr songs, which can be found at the purevolume account in the first link (I think it's still there; if not, it's just purevolume.com/staticmartyr).

As far as "not using Allen's songs," I only meant that if we ever make a For Serious album on a For Serious label, we won't be recording songs that he wrote, unless we credit him for doing so. We all co-wrote them together (I did most of the music, Allen himself did most of the words, and I think Steve did some stuff, too, like backups and things). What I meant was that we're keeping it open for Allen to use them himself, if he goes on to start another project.

Which songs were actually written by Allen?
    Let's see....from my list here, it's:

-) Attack Ships On Fire Off The Shoulder Of Orion
    -) Hotmouth
    -) Johnny White and the Columbine Kid
    -) My Love (For You)
    -) Open Your Mind
    -) Red State of Denial

We'll probably still use the can intro ("seven-up~"), just because (A) It is Totally Awesome, and (B) Bands do stuff like that all the time, with guys that aren't actually in the band (or are in another band) doing intro tracks and stuff, like Higgins and Teh Offsperings. And we already have it recorded, so it'd have some kinda novelty value, I think --- I mean, it's the only track we fully recorded and saved that our original "other singer" had vocals on.

Ohh, what a surprise... Good luck to Allen, it's a shame that he doesn't know yet that he's skipping the chance to be a part of the future rock legends.
    Seriously tho :[.
    You act like you were expecting this, maybe....? Hmm....

But seriously; I don't know if it was entirely up to him. Steve didn't tell me much and I haven't spoken to Allen personally, but from what I hear, he's going to live in Mississippi with his dad. I don't know why, though. So maybe he does realize that, and he just has no say in the matter? Hah~

In any case, it's times like these that we're glad to have even one or two people who even give a damn where our project ends up, even if it's only in the most distant, forum-connected sorta way. I'm working on two new songs (one of which is somewhat influenced by this new development, but both of which are part of this Super Epic Song Project), and Steve has four or five planned (one or two of which will probably be recorded this weekend), so be expecting the flow to increase a bit over the next few weeks. We gots a TON o'material and nothing better to do, so when I say "Static Martyr is back," I mean that in every sense of the word Time to Garage things up all over again!

Well, except recording quality. That's *lightyears* better, and as much as I like the overall sound/tone of the original SM recordings, I'd like to keep it that way from here on out~

EDIT: Thanks much, ad8! I didn't see that at first; you and I must've posted around the same time.

*checks*

Yep, just three minutes apart. Anyway, white flag just has four or five songs on it IIRC: White Flag of Surrender, Red State of Denial, My Love, Backseat Love and something else that I can't remember. If one or two of them are in there, then they probably all are unless one of us missed something. Just let me know if something is missing, though, and I'll stick it up.
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 05-06-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Okay, um....in an interesting turn of events, Allen will not actually be leaving the band and the name will probably stay as Great American Noise Machine.

More updates on this amazing, compelling and 100% socially-relevant story after I get off work today. Gotta go right now.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    This is my collection:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BSS302F
    This should be about 100 megabytes of awesome music. Enjoy!
    Maybe some of the GANM songs are missing(the White Flag Of Surrender EP is not on there), but maybe they are. I'm sure that it'll be much easier now for Tim to upload the few songs that might be missing.
    Adrian ... you rock, I'll download them as soon as I can

Okay, um....in an interesting turn of events, Allen will not actually be leaving the band and the name will probably stay as Great American Noise Machine.

More updates on this amazing, compelling and 100% socially-relevant story after I get off work today. Gotta go right now.
    That is great news
    No, we're not calling it quits anytime soon.
    See you on the road!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]