Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Alright, one more new one that I just finished today --- part 11, song 9 in my Super Epic Song project (which is now officially halfway done!):

From The Heart {3:51} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/t2j69r

Lyrics:

I heard an old man say to a little girl
    You gotta be strong if you wanna make it in this world
    With such contempt
    So morally bankrupt that you cannot pay the rent

She had no idea what she was raised to believe
    A reality of fear with little reprieve
    Conditioned to be hopeless from the very start
    She was solidly persuaded to play someone else's part

And she did not believe, though she knows not what it means
    Reality set up on her, trapping her in between

A voice comes from within
    "Don't believe their truth," it said
    She looked around, discontent
    And as she turned her head, she looked into a mirror

The thought had been thought, the crime committed
    She dropped to her knees, her values split in two
    No longer assured of her superiority

Looking to the sky, she found a harsh reply
    A silence like the laughter in the night

Where did her strength come from?
    Was she the only one?
    Splayed before her, a new world
    Where she can make herself useful

(But....there is *one* blemish...
    On this otherwise perfect story...)

A million questions asked
    A billion answers passed
    Beliefs lost in her past
    Reality is changing

What's left to have faith in?
    She'll never just give in
    She knows there's something there
    Just waiting to be found out

She knows it's not the end
    But it's hard not to pretend
    She knows what's best for me
    But at least now, she looks up to reality again

She knows it's not over yet
    She's only just perceived the threat
    The battle has now begun
    And it will never end
    And she's just fine with that."

*note: interestingly, this song started out as a re-imagining of one of our very first songs (track 3 on our very first EP with our very first 12 recorded songs), "An Apology (To The World)." But it ended up being something totally different. The only reason I bring that up is because there's a break near the middle that sounds kinda like the break in that song (rhythmically, I mean).

Also on the subject of that break about halfway through....it sounded deathly familiar to me, and for several hours I couldn't remember where I'd heard it. Then it hit me: I fucking stole the strum pattern for the interlude of Trust In You (yes, the Offspring song). The notes are different, and the accent is different, but it's the same damn rhythm. I almost scrapped it right there, but I had already done the vocals and bass, and I liked it too much to get rid of. So yeah

In other news....I'm already working on parts 12 and 13 --- probably my favorite ones so far~ 12 is going to be *very, very* fast, like NOFX fast.....13 is going to be very different from any song I've done for this Epic Song Project so far. It's gonna be almost all on keyboards.

So yeah. Laters, and enjoy (or don't)!

P.S.

Almost didn't notice:

By the way: I still think that The Answer is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard

1) That's very kewl and thanks much
    2) I have a feeling you will be really digging the second half of this song project, then, if that's the sort of thing that, as we say around here, 'cranks your tractor'~ (Maybe not all of it, but definitely the kicker-offer...)

Also:

I am using Home service. I got problem in accessing the internet a while ago. To solve the problem, Home technical support changed my network settings from dynamic IP to static IP. What are the differences between these two? Which one is better?

lol, indeed~ Bot? Or misdirected forum user?
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    *note: interestingly, this song started out as a re-imagining of one of our very first songs (track 3 on our very first EP with our very first 12 recorded songs), "An Apology (To The World)." But it ended up being something totally different. The only reason I bring that up is because there's a break near the middle that sounds kinda like the break in that song (rhythmically, I mean)
    I was reminded by An Apology during the beginning, too. Is that one actually one of your favourite songs? (since you have some of the lyrics in your sig)
    So far, I liked From The Heart, too. I like the lead guitar in the second part of the song. Also I want to say that the lyrics reminded me of my song Mature since the general topic is very similar.
    In other news....I'm already working on parts 12 and 13 --- probably my favorite ones so far~ 12 is going to be *very, very* fast, like NOFX fast.....13 is going to be very different from any song I've done for this Epic Song Project so far. It's gonna be almost all on keyboards.

So yeah. Laters, and enjoy (or don't)!

P.S.

Almost didn't notice:

By the way: I still think that The Answer is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard

1) That's very kewl and thanks much
    2) I have a feeling you will be really digging the second half of this song project, then, if that's the sort of thing that, as we say around here, 'cranks your tractor'~ (Maybe not all of it, but definitely the kicker-offer...)
    Oh yeah I'm looking forward to it!

PS: I love your rapping part in Pain Of Knowing! Nice flow, homie!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I was reminded by An Apology during the beginning, too. Is that one actually one of your favourite songs? (since you have some of the lyrics in your sig)
    So far, I liked From The Heart, too. I like the lead guitar in the second part of the song. Also I want to say that the lyrics reminded me of my song Mature since the general topic is very similar.

1) I wouldn't say it's my "favorite," per se, at least not musically. It's just something that's kind of personal to me, is all.

2) I don't think I've heard anything you've done except that one cover of Forget Me awhile back (was that you? I think it was, but I can't remember....I still wasn't really familiar with everyone back when that topic was up). You're Ricetigers, right?

*goes to check topic*

Oh yeah I'm looking forward to it!

PS: I love your rapping part in Pain Of Knowing! Nice flow, homie!

1) You and me both! I've had part 12 stuck in my head, exactly how I want it, for several months now, but I wanted to wait until I actually got that far to write/record it.

2)
    "I'm sorry
    "

I've been listening to your latest zip-compilation for a while, I think it's pretty cool. I really like the last version of Johny White, also Campus Crusaders are so Manic Subsidal, as well as Rehab has Ramones vibe.
    I must add that drum machine has become a trademark-sound of Static Martyr :P.

I totally heard that Trust In You thing in From The Heart haha.
    Last edited by Free?; 06-14-2009 at 09:07 AM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

2) I don't think I've heard anything you've done except that one cover of Forget Me awhile back (was that you? I think it was, but I can't remember....I still wasn't really familiar with everyone back when that topic was up). You're Ricetigers, right?
    Yep. Mature was the song I submitted for the BBS Mixtape II, by the way.
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Yep. Mature was the song I submitted for the BBS Mixtape II, by the way.
    Wow. I really have been under a rock....I seriously don't remember that. It seems that I have more catching up to do than I thought

In any case, I've already extracted your MP3s from the RAR files in your AOM topic; I'm burning CDs for On-The-Way-To-Work-In-The-Morning listening. I must say that I am quite impressed with the album art; call me out of touch, but I could never do something like that on my own in a million years. I *suck* at computer art I'm totally printing those things up and making copies!

And are you guys really "signed," or is that just kind of a funny/formality thing with the label name and everything? I noticed your Myspace says "unsigned," but I swear to God, the art looks fucking professional. It's amazing, I tells ya!

I've been listening to your latest zip-compilation for a while, I think it's pretty cool. I really like the last version of Johny White, also Campus Crusaders are so Manic Subsidal, as well as Rehab has Ramones vibe.
    I must add that drum machine has become a trademark-sound of Static Martyr :P.
    Thanks much Although I hate that we had to re-use some tracks from before (we have *almost* enough completely new stuff --- like 8 or 9 tracks, plus 2 more we just did --- but since our last "album" never officially came out, we figured we'd just stick the best ones from that one on this one). Kinda kills some of the tension from the wait.

I totally heard that Trust In You thing in From The Heart haha.
    I know, I'm so pissed about that! I was so proud of myself right after I recorded it, because it was totally ad-lib off the top of my head, and then I found out it was from Offspring. It's still alright, I guess, but knowing that it's not completely original anymore just kinda takes the oomph! out of it for me. Good thing it's only like 30 seconds long in an almost 4-minute song, or else I'd feel really bad.....

P.S.

Almost forgot! New song we got done this weekend, called "Such A Pity." It's really lo-fi, 'cause we were shooting for this 1950's radio vibe. Check it out:

Such A Pity {3:04} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/29n5lp

Lyrics:

"A May night, it was raining
    Some people were giving out their hand
    It was honest, it was pity
    I turned my heart and turned my head

The lady who lied said she understood
    But the friends who never left me
    Did their best at what they could

She killed me inside
    And I never stopped to think
    Was she honest? Was it pity?
    Was it something that she had to hide?

A still life, a hand to guide me
    I left alone, and you followed

Early morning, sun is rising
    My stomach churns and has its way
    Drunken anger, what a pity
    Writing words I'll never say

Reasons I cry
    That will never mean a thing
    To a person who's naive
    And who listens to nothing but reprieve

A real life, a heart to guide me
    I left alone, such a hollow soul."
    "I'm sorry
    "

In any case, I've already extracted your MP3s from the RAR files in your AOM topic; I'm burning CDs for On-The-Way-To-Work-In-The-Morning listening. I must say that I am quite impressed with the album art; call me out of touch, but I could never do something like that on my own in a million years. I *suck* at computer art I'm totally printing those things up and making copies!

And are you guys really "signed," or is that just kind of a funny/formality thing with the label name and everything? I noticed your Myspace says "unsigned," but I swear to God, the art looks fucking professional. It's amazing, I tells ya!
    1. I'm glad you like our album artwork I made them all by myself with an age-old version of photoshop(from '99 I think)! I'm also flattered that there will be copies of my cds in the USA

2. No, we're not signed. I just like to design the album covers and everything else. I kinda build up my own little "Ricetigers empire" with my own record label (RiceRecords) and stuff

Almost forgot! New song we got done this weekend, called "Such A Pity." It's really lo-fi, 'cause we were shooting for this 1950's radio vibe. Check it out:

Such A Pity {3:04} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/29n5lp

Lyrics:

"A May night, it was raining
    Some people were giving out their hand
    It was honest, it was pity
    I turned my heart and turned my head

The lady who lied said she understood
    But the friends who never left me
    Did their best at what they could

She killed me inside
    And I never stopped to think
    Was she honest? Was it pity?
    Was it something that she had to hide?

A still life, a hand to guide me

Early morning, sun is rising
    My stomach churns and has its way
    Drunken anger, what a pity
    Writing words I'll never say

Reasons I cry
    That will never mean a thing
    To a person who's naive
    And who listens to nothing but reprieve

A real life, a heart to guide me
    I left alone, such a hollow soul."
    Nice song! This one reminds me somewhat of the Beatles.

The Ricetigers

New song; part 12/song 10 of my side project/concept album thing, "Hangman." I know my voice sounds like shit on this one, but that's because it's a song that was more about the feeling that I had when I wrote it, and less about the technical accuracy. I would call it "Melodic Hardcore," if that makes it any clearer~

Hangman {5:31} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/p972ue

Lyrics:

"Frozen, frozen up in time
    Time to leave my cares behind
    'Cause we're moving to the past-time

Gone, gone away, a cloud of dust
    Hurricanes of addled trust
    Trust I thought that I could honor

I look around and see
    These shallow dreams around me
    I don't know what to think....should I laugh, or should I try
    In misery?

Lost, lost in a rambling court
    Of mediation and the sort
    Of mediocre hopes and values

That leave, leave me in a twist
    What kind of sick "romance" is this?
    The kind you want to leave behind you
    But never mind that

We are damned to be
    The victims of what others see
    I can't resist to try, but the past refused to change
    It's misery

It's time to play hangman again, my friend
    It's time to let the last one in as we repent
    Where once I was stoked, I've now gone broke
    I've wasted all my time in this lie

I know what I want to do
    I want to make it up to you
    But there's no second chance at first impressions
    No longer can I make my case to you
    I've done horrible things to you
    And I've seen what's inside you

So just believe, leave in a trail of death
    An argument you can't protest
    Under a banner of equality

Go, go ahead with such conceit
    There's no such thing as sweet reprieve
    Only mortal strife and suffering

Which is better off to you ---
    Eternal happiness, or truth?
    I won't pretend to know when you're though
    Do you remember when you said

It's time to play hangman again
    This fight draws to its bitter end as we contend
    I once was bitter, now I'm cold
    I breathe your hatred out with a sigh."

So yeah. Enjoy (or don't)!

1. I'm glad you like our album artwork I made them all by myself with an age-old version of photoshop(from '99 I think)! I'm also flattered that there will be copies of my cds in the USA
    Jah, I already made 'em. They're in my car, in the little compartment right under the stereo panel. And my, do they look (and sound) swanky

On that note, I've been listening to them more lately, and I have to say....they are growing on me. Quite so, quite so~ I still can't figure out the title (I don't usually have the track listing on me when I listen to them at home, so I never think to check while I'm listening), but there's this one track that I think is completely bad-ass and stands at the very top of all of your work that I've heard so far. I'll tell you the name later on; I'll have to listen through and see which one it is again.

Nice song! This one reminds me somewhat of the Beatles.
    Ha! Funny you should say that; Steve and I were just bickering earlier about the Beatles.
    "I'm sorry
    "

New song; part 12/song 10 of my side project/concept album thing, "Hangman." I know my voice sounds like shit on this one, but that's because it's a song that was more about the feeling that I had when I wrote it, and less about the technical accuracy. I would call it "Melodic Hardcore," if that makes it any clearer~
    I just listened to it and I seem to like it. I'll now listen to it a few more times and maybe it'll grow on me. The lyrics are good, too. They reminded me of a song I wrote during the "Toy Of The System-era". It never made it on the album, though.
    Jah, I already made 'em. They're in my car, in the little compartment right under the stereo panel. And my, do they look (and sound) swanky

On that note, I've been listening to them more lately, and I have to say....they are growing on me. Quite so, quite so~ I still can't figure out the title (I don't usually have the track listing on me when I listen to them at home, so I never think to check while I'm listening), but there's this one track that I think is completely bad-ass and stands at the very top of all of your work that I've heard so far. I'll tell you the name later on; I'll have to listen through and see which one it is again.
    That's nice! I'm curious about this song. Currently there is one of my songs that I really like over the others, but you didn't listen to that one yet(it's my submission for the BBS Mixtape vol. III). Also, there was a time when I preferred The Answer over every other song of yours, but ever since Mother And Father, Ordained and Just Us (Alone) came out, they've been on a similar level of awesomeness for me.
    Ha! Funny you should say that; Steve and I were just bickering earlier about the Beatles.
    I like most of their music, so you can take the previous comparison as a compliment

The Ricetigers

That's nice! I'm curious about this song. Currently there is one of my songs that I really like over the others, but you didn't listen to that one yet(it's my submission for the BBS Mixtape vol. III). Also, there was a time when I preferred The Answer over every other song of yours, but ever since Mother And Father, Ordained and Just Us (Alone) came out, they've been on a similar level of awesomeness for me.
    1) I finally figured out what it's called --- "Break Down." I am in love with that lead riff. That song has a similar atmosphere (albeit a bit more straightforward) to Hangman, and although I'd had the progression for it in my head for quite some time, it was hearing this riff in Break Down that actually made me say to myself, "That's the kind of song I need to make," and it got me up off my ass and ready to actually record it

See, I have this fear....when I hear a song in my head, and it sounds *totally fucking great,*, I'm terribly afraid that when I sit down and actually record it, it won't have the same magic that it had in my head, ya know? So I was quite relieved that Hangman turned out like it did; it's certainly my favorite one off of this entire Formerly A Long Ass Song But Now A Sort Of Concept Album Thingy project so far~

For record's sake, I already have the title for the next one picked out; it's gonna be called "Nyarlathotep."

2) That's cool about Mother/Father and Just Us~ I like those, too, but I'm eventually going to do a complete retake of the vocals on both. I redid Just Us once, but I really can't stand how boring and apathetic the retake sounds, so I'm doing them over....again....I'll be uploading all that once this whole project is finally complete (which is apparently going to be a lot sooner than I'd expected; I'm already over halfway through) But on that note, has anybody come anywhere close to figuring out the "puzzle" around which I structured this song project? Any takers?

(Note: If you have, don't say it yet; I want to see if anyone else can figure it out! If you absolutely must say something, just PM me.)

I like most of their music, so you can take the previous comparison as a compliment
    But of course! I don't know too much of them myself, but Steve's been trying to get me into them for awhile. That's actually sorta what the argument we were having was about....
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 06-23-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    "