Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

Uh, Randy, remember what you said about my Hammerhead meaning analysis once?
    Forget it. Erase it from your memory and don't ever ever ever mention again.
    *picks up his jaw from the floor*
    This is insane. I love it when some more thought is put into music than just your regular verse-chorus-verse-chorus-done. And considering concepts, this is one of the better ones out there. Kudos.
    Thanks much, people! You have no idea how much I appreciate that....at the risk of sounding like a pretentious asshole, this concept album thing is basically the fruit of everything that's happened to me over the last 10 years or so. It's nice to finally be done with it so we can all move on

But seriously; speaking of moving on, I'm getting back to working with Noise Machine again (you may have noticed that I, myself, haven't actually written ANY material for GANM since I started this concept album....all that was Steve and Allen....), and my first effort will be to start on a cover album (around 15 tracks in all, completely new, no recycled junk like before). I've already recorded a couple of the tracks for it, but this one is special; unlike our other stuff, I'm not going to upload it one track at a time. I'm gonna wait until the whole thing (tracks and art and everything) is completely done, then I'll upload it all at once. Trust me, it will be *MUCH* cooler that way.

We also have three smaller EPs in the works (at least, Allen and Steve do....it's been almost two months since we've even gotten together, so I'm kind of out of the loop on this one....but I know we have material, anyway). So the next few months are looking to be much more productive, now with concert season (and personal issues) behind us~

And now, I'm off to sleep. Have to be at work in 7 hours....
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Some of the older song download links don't work anymore.
    "When I'm walking a dark road, I am a man who walks... Alone."
    - Iron Maiden, "Fear Of The Dark"

Quote Originally Posted by Smash_Returns View Post
    Try this

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    This is my collection:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BSS302F
    This should be about 100 megabytes of awesome music. Enjoy!
    Maybe some of the GANM songs are missing(the White Flag Of Surrender EP is not on there), but maybe they are. I'm sure that it'll be much easier now for Tim to upload the few songs that might be missing.
    What happened to the idea of artwork ... have I missed it?

Hey Hey Hey folks! We got some new song demos up (still gotta polish the vocals, but this is basically what they're gonna sound like), just a little taste of what's to come on our next EP, which is looking like it's gonna be "A Streetkid Named Survivor." They're on the myspace which is right here:

http://www.myspace.com/youreundoingmybeltwronghun

Tracks are here for download if you please:

Lucy, Destroyer of Worlds (Everybody Needs A Punching Bag) {4:00} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/73i9cd

Cut To Pieces In A '57 Chevrolet {2:25} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/dho1xw

Short But Sweet Act of Sexual Deviants (Mechanical Cannibal) {5:21} = http://www.sendspace.com/file/cgs9zq

Lyrics for Lucy, Destroyer of Worlds (Everybody Needs A Punching Bag):

"She's got something she wants to say
    But her personality always gets in the way
    A rough translation happens in her mind
    And her mouth betrays her

She's really not so bad once you get to know her
    Too bad nobody's ever gotten that far
    If they can't judge her by her words
    Then what's the point of talking
    If talking only makes it hurt worse?

What did she do to deserve this treatment?
    She's only following her gut instinct
    There's got to be a way to say what she means
    Maybe then, they'll understand

Until then, we'll face her vengeance
    The wrath of the only one who understands
    If we survive this, and she can make us see
    Then we'll finally see beneath the facade of Lucy

If she can make it worth it
    To pick it up and try again
    Then maybe we can be together
    And she won't have to be her only friend again

She just wanted to feel alright
    A friend to fill that emptiness inside
    She just lost her faith, is why
    For ten long years, she screamed inside

She just wanted to feel alive
    Someone to bring out the strength inside
    She just wanted to be alive
    But for ten long years, she screamed inside
    And for ten long years, she screamed inside
    After ten long years, she's still screaming inside

Forever, or however long it takes
    She will remember this game and its highest stakes
    Maybe one day she'll be forgiven
    When she finally breaks through her shell
    Frees herself from her personal hell
    Until that day, I'll bear her rage with a smile."
    "I'm sorry
    "

To which he promptly responded that he would still be able to do all the GANM stuff, and that we're probably even going to have another practice this weekend.

^....um, what?
    "I'm sorry
    "

Nice to hear some new stuff from you

Cut To Pieces In A '57 Chevrolet is a cool song. Lucy, Destroyer Of The Worlds really rocks and Short But Sweet Act Of Sexual Deviants... surprised me But the moment the band kicked in I instantly knew what was going on. All I can say about this song is: Super cool!
    You guys are always able to surprise me again... in a positive way(concerning the awesomeness of your songs and the new ideas in your songs)! Keep 'em coming! (especially the announced bbs cover songs)
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by petflapum View Post
    To which he promptly responded that he would still be able to do all the GANM stuff, and that we're probably even going to have another practice this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    ^....um, what?
    Exactly ... I thought that I helped Smash_Returns out with the aid of ad8 post

Back to my original question Tim ... Album Art?

Thanks for the update, busy downloading now

Back to my original question Tim ... Album Art?
    You'll have to jog mah memory on this one....which album art was it? And was I saying that *I* was going to do it, or were you the one who wanted to do it? I only ask because I seem to recall someone asking to do some "doodles" (their words) or something to that effect as art for one of our albums

Sorry, I haven't been lurking as much as I used to 0.0

Nice to hear some new stuff from you

Cut To Pieces In A '57 Chevrolet is a cool song. Lucy, Destroyer Of The Worlds really rocks and Short But Sweet Act Of Sexual Deviants... surprised me But the moment the band kicked in I instantly knew what was going on. All I can say about this song is: Super cool!
    You guys are always able to surprise me again... in a positive way(concerning the awesomeness of your songs and the new ideas in your songs)! Keep 'em coming! (especially the announced bbs cover songs)
    Schweet (and thanks)! There's actually more than what we have here (we have 6 songs so far, counting our 1 cover) with several more planned to be recorded over the next few weeks, but for obvious reasons I didn't want to blow the load by dropping them all right now. We're back to seriously working on albums again, though, so those of you who are interested, be sure to keep your eyes open for new updates~

And real quick, fun facts:

-) Short But Sweet was actually an old jam session riff from about 5-6 months ago that we never used. Well, can't say that anymore~
    -) Lucy was originally going to be called "Jennifer, Destroyer of Worlds," as a shout-out to "Jennifer" from Jennifer Lost The War (which you may know that we covered awhile back), but I saw this show called "Elfen Lied" recently that compelled me to change the title as a tribute (one of the main characters was named "Lucy" and had a backstory that gelled *perfectly* with the theme of that song, as well as the overarching concept of Streetkid as a whole).

And now I'm off to go do....whatever it is I'm gonna do this evening....thanks again for the support, BBS friends
    "I'm sorry
    "

You'll have to jog mah memory on this one....which album art was it? And was I saying that *I* was going to do it, or were you the one who wanted to do it? I only ask because I seem to recall someone asking to do some "doodles" (their words) or something to that effect as art for one of our albums
    Nah, it wasn't me. I enclose the conversation just to jog that memory of yours

Just for the hell of it, can I try to make some random album artwork to see if you like it?
    ^Sure, of course! I was actually just thinking the other day (after seeing Ricetiger's artwork) that it would be cool if we could get someone to make some of that bad-ass internet artwork~
    From your response I assume nothing has come from this