Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Static Martyr on Myspace

ALRIGHT FOLKS, NEW ALBUM IS OUT! W00t! I'm so hyped. I've been busting my ass on this one for almost three months now. I'm emotionally and physically drained and now I need a long break. But you know what? IT'S DONE. It's long, it's dirty, it's messy, but I just can't bring myself to work on it anymore. Everything I did wrong, fucked up, and learned from in the last year or so is somewhere on this album. Also there were some problems with my drum machine equipment, so my electronic drums are sometimes slightly out of sync here and there....but it shouldn't be too terrible. I mean, shit, it's not like I'm selling this stuff for anything

Details:

Album is called The Black Box Dilemma. It's 45:45 long (that's 45 minutes, 45 seconds). It's 14 tracks. Those tracks are:

01: Once Upon A Time {1:26}
    02: Countdown {2:11}
    03: The Black Box Dilemma (Part I) {3:02}
    04: Words To You {4:36}
    05: Pearls Before Swine {2:52}
    06: Dr. Damned {2:57}
    07: I'm Going Home {2:24}
    08: Untitled (Sell My Soul) {3:14}
    09: Admit It {3:25}
    10: The Black Box Dilemma (Part II) {2:46}
    11: One-Way Affair
    12: Revenge of the Pigs {3:44}
    13: The Black Box Dilemma (Part III - Reprise) {6:52}
    14: The Prince and the Raven {3:33}

So here it is, folks! Enjoy it....or don't!
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 08-26-2011 at 03:26 AM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Alright, this took me way too long but I wanted to comment on TBBD. I think that you are right about this being one of your best albums you put out to this date. I would place this one somewhere between your concept album and Back Issues in terms of musical style. I really like I'm Going Home; to me this one seems like the most anthem-like song, although this is not the only really catchy one. I like your experiments with time signatures (One-Way Affair) and other means of bringing more diversity to this album. TBBD (pt II) reminds me a little of My Depressed Bear and I Forgot How To Die, definitely my favorite slow song on this album (loving the trumpet sound ). Countdown and Admit It remind me of Back Issues (The Chessmaster and The Truth) some more, thus providing more reasons for me to like this album a lot. I am looking forward to your next project, seeing how well you did on this one!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

So, after a long hiatus, I have a new song or two. One of them is just a one-off I wrote so I'd have something to troll my friends who are Romney fans after the election results came in, but the other one is actually a full 4-minute song --- a cover of Akira Yamaoka's "Promise" from Silent Hill 2 for PS2. If you like mellow slow jams (or just Silent Hill), this one is for you.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Dude, recording quality has improved once again! You need to record another bunch of originals with that
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers