Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tegan and Sara

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    ahhh I was wondering what album that song was from after hearing the Alkaline Trio cover. Definitely going to have to check out that album!
    I had no idea Alkaline Trio covered T&S. I dig T&S but their voices kinda grate on me. There are songs from So Jealous that are pure genius, though.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

New song; pretty catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRYU...ayer_embedded#

I almost get an Alkaline Trio vibe, from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

That's SOOOOOOO good.
    It is difficult to fight against anger for a man who will buy revenge with his soul ~Pericolitis 500 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by ShutUpYouFuckingMime View Post
    The Con is definitely better, but So Jealous is really good too. For those who are looking to get into them, the best approach is to work backwards. The Con and So Jealous are their best albums.

I'm so so so in love with "Dark Come Soon".
    I agree with this entire post. The Con is the better album, but I really love songs on So Jealous, like "You Wouldn't Like Me", "Downtown", "Wake Up Exhausted", etc... it's a really good album. I can't really get into their first three albums, though. They're okay but nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    New song; pretty catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRYU...ayer_embedded#

I almost get an Alkaline Trio vibe, from it.
    Aw man I totally dig it. It's super different for them... I'm sure their hardcore fans are pissed. But I think it sounds great. It's also an odd song to pick for a single. It doesn't feel like "The Con" or "Back in Your Head", but that's okay because it's a solid song
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Fuck fuck fuck fuck I'm downloading Sainthood (the new album) right now and I'm SO STOKED! I've been listening to So Jealous and The Con (mostly The Con) all week because I'm hoping to go to Munich in a few weeks to see them in concert... and I've realized how INCREDIBLE The Con is. So Jealous is good, but damn... I never appreciated all the songs on that album til now - Dark Come Soon, Call It Off, Like O Like H, Are You Ten Years Ago?... again, just... damn. I've liked them for a couple years, but they've really worked their way into one of my top maybe 5 favorite bands/singers.

And now I'm downloading Sainthood and I can't describe how excited I am. I'm more excited for this than I was for Imogen Heap or Regina Spektor earlier this year. Last time I was this excited for a new album was last year for Offspring and Alanis. I'm totally gonna post a review later.

Sainthood is really, really good. Someday is probably my favorite track so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

This could definitely be their best album. I've listened to it at least 3 times so far... and there were a couple songs I didn't dig the first time (The Cure, Alligator), but I think I love every song by now. I think my favorites so far are Northshore and Night Watch. I think Someday comes next... the vocal layering is fabulous.

I feel like this album doesn't have the purely amazing songs that The Con had, but it also doesn't have all the unmemorable songs in a row - with The Con, I love the first 6 songs, then tend to get bored after Back In Your Head, and regain interest with Like O Like H to the end of the album. Hop a Plane, Soil Soil, Burn Your Life Down, Nineteen, and Floorplan aren't bad songs, but none of them are especially memorable for me... Sainthood doesn't have this chunk of less interesting songs. And, unlike with any of their other albums, I actually like every song.

I honestly think that, for someone who's interested in getting into Tegan and Sara, this is the album I'd recommend. It's by FAR their most upbeat work, and I feel like it's the right balance of maturity (The Con almost tried too hard, and the rest of their stuff is sometimes pretty immature).

edit: just saw this
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565
    I had no idea Alkaline Trio covered T&S. I dig T&S but their voices kinda grate on me. There are songs from So Jealous that are pure genius, though.
    I can understand this. Honestly, their song writing is what gets me. And I can definitely understand getting annoyed with Sara's voice (though I think Tegan has a beautiful alto voice). But I'll also say that Sara's voice is the most grating on the So Jealous album. I definitely feel like she's gained more control over the years, and I don't feel the same way about it on Sainthood.

edit 2: "Hell" is basically "The Con"... "Alligator" is basically "Back In Your Head". I love the similarities... I wonder if it was intentional.
    Last edited by Llamas; 11-07-2009 at 04:32 PM.

tegan and sara are the best band ever.
    end of thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ftw-renton View Post
    Im goin to bed good night and a special shoutout 2 renato 4 being my role model and my sweet dear lover that iŽll go dream about
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    What kind of idiot wouldn't love you renato?I wouldn't let you hurt ren!It's not his fault if he's too sexy for his own good!
    & ren,stop doing her girlfran!Bad boy!No blowjob for you,aww,you're too adorable.I'll blow you anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    Lots of things are impossible,until they happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Holland View Post
    RenatoŽs awsome
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    he is!

For anyone who's interested (it's been mentioned a few times in the past), here's the cover Alkaline Trio did of Tegan and Sara's "Wake Up Exhausted". Is goooooood. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLPZL6LK

"Wake Up Exhausted" used to be my alarm ringtone every morning for me to wake up. :P

I'm so tacky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart