Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight

Default The Dark Knight

Who is excited for this movie? Less then a day away..

I'll be seeing it on friday (I think).

I've never been a HUGE fan of batman, but I used to enjoy the cartoon when I was younger. Even Batman Beyond was a pretty good show.

But yeah, even though I've never been real hip on Batman, this movie looks incredible and I'm sure I'll be blown away when I see it.

I'm looking forward to it. The movie looks amazing.

This is a great summer for me (in terms of movies), considering my two all-time favorite comic book heroes are Batman and Iron Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Batman Begins was pretty damn awesome.
    I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Dark Knight, hopefully they'll show it in
    English, not some dubbed french version (I live in Quebec).

It looks good, and it's the first time I've ever actually wanted to see a superhero movie in my life, but I am still a bit skeptical. I'm worried that critics are afraid to truly criticize the movie, what with Ledger taking a dirt nap and all.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

I've seen it already. I wouldn't worry about that Jakebert, but I tend to like many superhero movies so I'm biased.

There was only one part that bothered me, but I won't give anything away.

Well, just answer me this: the main reason I want to see it is because I'm interested in psychology, and most critics are saying that the movie really deals with human darkness in a pretty raw, original way. Is that true or an exaggeration?

I'd say that if you were looking for that you can find it, but if you weren't you'd probably miss it all.

The whole movie kind of shows how batman is seen as this hero, who has to represent himself as such, but the joker is basically the embodiment of pure chaos. He's not really robbing banks because he needs money, he is just the tempter, a true example of an anarchist. Batman can't really fight that while still maintaining this hero image, and has to turn into something a little darker, hence the dark knight. This is where the human darkness aspect comes in.

Another place you could find it is in Harvey's character. He kind of shows how the world isn't black & white or good & evil, its shades of grey. He is essentially the same person throughout the entire movie, but his personality manifests itself differently when it can. That might not make sense, but if you didn't read any of the comics I won't spoil the whole Harvey Dent story for you.

Yes! That sounds exactly like what I'm after: an action flick that actually does a good job with character, especially with that dark side, which I've always loved and why I'm the guy that likes the villians more than the heros.

You'll have to tell me if you've enjoyed it after.

Because it's all there, but I'm not sure if it's really center stage. I think you'll be happy with it though.