Thread: Splinter was seriously great (should've been an EP)

Default Splinter was seriously great (should've been an EP)

Neocon, The Noose, Long Way Home, Never Gonna Find Me and Lightning Rod were a fantastic return to form. Some of the most inspired songs they've done IMO.

The production was great, plenty of raw vocals, plenty of charm but still modern-sounding enough to pass for people who like some polish.

I think the best songs on Splinter beat the majority of CO1, and easily wipe out most of RAFRAG/DGB.

To me it feels like it was somewhat of a last attempt of integrity before just going "fuck it", especially production-wise.

I'm a bit-tipsy at the moment and just lamenting, this is all my opinion of course but I feel this album gets overlooked so much.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.

I thought that it was the worst offspring album when it came out. I will agree that Brendan O'Brien did do an amazing job with the production on it and I wish that the band did a 3rd album with Brendan O'Brien rather than a 3rd album with Bob Rock

Damn good album. The band has never let me down so far.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I thought that it was the worst offspring album when it came out. I will agree that Brendan O'Brien did do an amazing job with the production on it and I wish that the band did a 3rd album with Brendan O'Brien rather than a 3rd album with Bob Rock
    Same here man, I think the fact that it had too many joke/average songs and didn't exactly have a solid concept deterred me from it, it's definitely grown on me over time. Yeah I'm not too stoked on Bob Rock, he's done some good stuff but man he just loves to polish things to oblivion nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by lousyskater View Post
    the offspring pretty much copied the vandals song too much drama.