Page 11 of 90 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by Noodyn666 View Post

This computer does not meet the system requirements. You may need to make space on the hard drive

I throw this fucking pc out of my window!!!!!!!!!!
    AHAH ok wait relax!!!

we will see if someone else can see that video and do the download ok?

i already asked...now let's wait
    Last edited by Rutegard; 09-11-2008 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

ok But I need an new pc, so its not serious
    I can ask a friend. I´m sure he knows how to download this video.

ok But I need an new pc, so its not serious
    I can ask a friend. I´m sure he knows how to download this video.
    no prob!!

see?

we have a thread about this and everything

http://www.offspring.com/forums/show...t=34578&page=3

in a matter of time someone will upload the video

but tell me....if this the video where noodles is talking in german?
    The Portuguese Chapter:

Yeah it´s. But its not much.
    Its so funny i like Noodles german speak

Yeah it´s. But its not much.
    Its so funny i like Noodles german speak
    i know it is really funny...i have seen that video but only one time on TV

and you know what? there are more videos
    The Portuguese Chapter:

I watched a little bit in the TV.
    The only interview I saw was Noodles talked with Markus Kavka ( german MTV moderator).

I watched a little bit in the TV.
    The only interview I saw was Noodles talked with Markus Kavka ( german MTV moderator).
    oh wait..only noodles?....didn't see that one!

i saw this video you can't download and that i can't see LOL

and another 2 more videos, Kim meets The Offspring and Random Questionare with The Offspring

great videos

i talk more about them on this thread
    http://www.offspring.com/forums/show...t=34578&page=3
    The Portuguese Chapter:

Yeah I ve read that but I saw only that Interview with Noodles

They have sold 30 million albums worldwide in a career spanning 21 years. On their current Greatest Hits album, past smashes such as Pretty Fly (For A White Guy) show what has made The Offspring an enduring fascination for punks on either side of the Atlantic and confirms their position as the longest serving spiky tops of their generation.
    It isn’t exactly what guitarist Kevin ‘Noodles’ Wasserman expected when he got together with singer Dexter Holland and bassist Greg K in well-heeled Orange County, Southern California, back in 1984.
    “We’ve never been a very far-sighted band,” he laughs, sitting back in his handsome New York hotel room, where he has checked in under the name Almo Fishman to keep leery fans at bay. “So we just thought we’d have fun playing some punk rock in clubs and eventually have to get a real job.”
    Noodles – so called because he likes to, er, “noodle” about on his guitar a lot – had his first taste of fame before he’d left his day job as a school janitor.
    “We went on heavy rotation on MTV with Keep Them Separated and it was kind of weird,” he recalls. “High school kids would come by and go, ‘Aren’t you that guy from The Offspring?’ and I was sweeping up leaves and emptying the trash.”
    So how come you’ve survived for so
    long. Surely punks are meant to live fast and die young?
    “We were in the right place at the right time,” Noodles, 32, admits. “We got into punk rock because the kind of music that was big was overproduced stadium rock and cheesy glam metal versus disco. A few of us decided to pursue real rock on a smaller level in underground clubs, then eventually it just exploded.”
    Noodles began noodling on his guitar when he graduated from high school. “I just wanted to play Ramones, Who and Rolling Stones’ songs and drink beer in the park,” he says.
    Kevin was raised by adoptive parents, and five years ago he met his birth mother and father for the first time.
    “They’re great people and I maintain a relationship with both of them,” he says. “I get numerous siblings and cousins that I never met before coming to shows. It’s real interesting. I meet good salt-of-the-earth, hard-working people.
    “Before I did the search for my parents I heard a lot of heartbreaking stories. It can be really disturbing, but I’ve been really fortunate and the people I found are great. I’ve had all the questions I wanted answered and more.”
    Life is good for Noodles who has a 15-year-old daughter Chelsea from a previous relationship and a three-year-old son with his wife Jackie. They met 10 years ago after his sister set him up on a blind date. So was it love at first sight?
    “She’s got a big old set of titties and liked the fact I’m weird, I guess,” Noodles admits candidly. “You’d have to ask her. There’s nothing attractive about me as far as I can see.
    “She’s got a really sick sense of humour and we laugh a lot together. Her ambition is open a restaurant, but right now she’s concentrating on raising
    our son. He’s a very energetic kid.”
    In the past, a regular part of Offspring shows was the ritual beating with baseball bats of effigies of The Backstreet Boys. It didn’t go down well with Noodles’ daughter.
    “We used to do it before a song called Cool To Hate,” he explains. “My daughter was a big Backstreet Boys fan and she came to one of our shows and didn’t like it.
    “I just said, ‘I’m sorry, sweetheart’, and let her have her opinion. I don’t try and influence her, although she’s actually into what we do now. Her generation are growing up with punk rock. I think it’s healthier now – kids seem to be able to listen to everything without getting boxed into a category.”
    He admits to drinking “way too much beer” on tour and has recently returned to his childhood sport of surfing to fight the flab.
    “I was 31 when Smashed became a hit,” he says, “which was probably just as well because if it had happened when I was 21 I’d probably have a raging drug habit or be dead by now.”
    So, Noodles, what exactly is punk?
    “It’s different for everybody,” he says. “Everybody has different ideas what it means. When I was growing up everyone was trying to force you to be a straight-A student, a clean-cut jock living the American dream. It was all fake bulls**t. Punk was about defying convention and breaking rules. It seemed more real. It showed me who I wanted to be and that there were other ways of living your life, by questioning everything.
    “If people say you can’t do something, you gotta go and do it. If they tell you must go do something, then you absolutely mustn’t do it. It means a lot to me, but it’s something different to everyone.”
    Doesn’t he get self-conscious being a middle-aged punk?
    “Every once in a while I look around and realise I’m surrounded by kids,” Noodles shrugs. “I just feel very wise. But I still get nervous before every show, although I drink through it. We’re real fortunate in the UK that our fans are easily riled up and we love that about them. We’re blessed to have them. Between the band and the audience we create a lot of energy. It keeps an old man moving.”
    l The Offspring play Brixton Academy on Friday and Saturday