Page 63 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by momo91 View Post
    thanks good work

Last edited by Cannotdevidebyzero; 07-06-2012 at 11:58 PM.

http://www2.kisw.com/listen/stp-cast-06-26-12 Interview with Dexter is about 15 mins in i think, good interview though

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I read on the italian Vanity Fair (not that I read the magazine, but a friend showed me the interview) some questions to Dexter. The title is "Punk goes to university" because Dexter said that he enrolled to finish his molecular biology degree, saying that Greg from Bad Religion is a paleontologist and biologist too.
    Oh, he also said The Offspring like Green Day but the two cannot be compared.

Short interview, it was cool reading about them in such a popular magazine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannotdevidebyzero View Post
    http://www2.kisw.com/listen/stp-cast-06-26-12 Interview with Dexter is about 15 mins in i think, good interview though
    what a bunch of dicks they say days go by sounds like times like these and turning into you sounds like rise against and dexter is like 50 right before they interview him

also im not sure why they have that intro i thought dexter was on a wrestling podcast lol
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 07-07-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    what a bunch of dicks they say days go by sounds like times like these and turning into you sounds like rise against and dexter is like 50 right before they interview him

Well, at least they said he looked like he was 27 during the interview, and they totally cracked up listening to CC, I thought that was kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannotdevidebyzero View Post
    These guys are assholes, they talked mad shit about the album while they were playing it, they should just shut up and enjoy the album.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

Quote Originally Posted by KTILLA23 View Post
    These guys are assholes, they talked mad shit about the album while they were playing it, they should just shut up and enjoy the album.
    yeah i agree it also looks like they are stuck in 2003 since they just realized offspring got a new drummer maybe they should read wikipedia more often not just when they are interviewing guests live on air

although i liked the part when they asked dexter if it was true he used to be a karaoke singer

Good interview here:
    http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2851670/the-...een-haast.html

Best parts translated here:

The drive and enthousiasm of the singer indeed suggests that for The Offspring of 2012 it's all about fun. "I know for example," Holland laughs, "that punkfans are very annoyed by a song like Cruising California. But those songs are a part of who we are. When we started the new album, it appeared that I wrote many serious lyrics. I do not consider myself above others who just want to have fun. It is also good for the balance. We've always been like that, deal with it. If people don't feel like that song, they should just skip the song", he says."

The singer is genuinely surprised by the enthusiastic crowd and surprised about the 16 year olds standing at the front at an Offspring concert. "That gives me the feeling that we still mean something. I want them to be a part of the show, not that they only stand there watching. I want to see stagedivers!"

"I think that nowadays there are too many concerts where the audience are only spectating" concludes Holland." a concert of your favorite band should be an experience and it's the best when you're part of the whole thing."

Large venues such as the Ziggo Dome doesn't do much for the punkrocker. "I don't like playing in venues where the distance between the band and crowd is huge. Fortunately we don't have to proof ourselves anymore and we can do what we want. This is the best part of our career."
    * !