Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Interviews thread

Default New Noodles Interview

here is a interview with noodles i just recorded

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ekvtr905luipmj

also here is a radio ad for the show tonight sorry i missed the first few seconds of it

http://www.mediafire.com/?2t4ysnttu9pitdp

Thanks! Going to download it now.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

no problem

Dexter Holland has been interviewed by G1, one of the biggest Brazilian news websites.

http://g1.globo.com/musica/noticia/2...offspring.html

The translation to the article goes below:

"We can put rock music back into the top charts", says Offspring singer
    Dexter Holland talks about the optimism of "Days Go By", the band's new album.

Dominated by the dancing pop music, the top charts nowadays suffer might go through a big change if it's up to The Offspring. During an interview to G1, the singer Dexter Holland states that the band has the tools to headline the big come back of the music style [rock music]. The scene is similar to that we were going through in the '90s, when the Californian band released "Americana" and sold over 15 million copies. That's how they got the genre back into the mainstream.

The fans had to wait four years to hear "Days Go By", the ninth Offspring studio record, released at the end of july (Good journalism, I can tell). With 12 tracks - among them, the re-recording of "Dirty Magic", from the album "Ignition" (1992) - the album is the first one with Pete Parada. He joined to be the band's drummer after the recordings of "Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace" (2008)

Holland, currently in tour with his band, spoke about the new album and the reasons why The Offspring took so long to put it out. He also remembers about the band's last Brazilian tour ("It was crazy!") and comments on the members of the group that still have fun playing together, even after 20 years of career.

G1 - The album "Days Go By" was recently released. What did it feel like when you finished recording it?
    Dexter Holland - I'm really proud and excited about this album. I love being in a band and I love sharing our music with people. We got very excited to do the best songs we could write. We're having a lot of fun at the moment.

G1 - It's the first album with Pete Parada on the drums. Is there anything new he brings to the band?
    Holland - Pete's a fantastic drummer and he has a lot of energy. What's great about Pete is that he plays the really punk stuff of off our set-list very good. He does it due to the fact that he's had a lot of experience working with punk bands, but he's also a great rock drummer. So he pretty much can handle all the styles.

G1 - It took The Offspring four years to release this CD. Why?
    Holland - You're not the first person to ask me this question. I agree that I should not have taken this long. It's amazing how time flies. You release a new album, go out on tour for at least a year... We also play during the following year. And suddenly, two years had passed and we hadn't thought about recording new stuff. So, the process took a few additional years. We wanted to make sure the songs were good and that we'd put out something new. It took this amount of time so things would be right.

G1 - How were the production and the recording [of the latest album]?
    Holland - We invited Bob Rock, who had also worked with us in our previous record. Bob's great, in the studio he's able to push you to do something better than you what you normally would. And he does it in a kind way, no yelling. You prepare something and he goes like, "Hmm, I'm thinking about what you could do different", trying to help you go further. And he achieves his goal, he really does help us make the songs better.

G1 - Do you believe that you have learned to sing better over the years or at least to use your voice more wisely?
    Holland - Absolutely. When we did our first album and went out on tour, my voice was horrible and it became hoarse. It took me a little while to learn how to control it. We all grow up and change, and I believe that my voice has changed a little.

G1 – Why did you guys re-record “Dirty Magic”?
    Holland – That’s a song we really like and everybody that listened to “Ignition” used to say: “I love “Dirty Magic”, it’s my favorite song”, even though it was the most different song on that album. We thought it was cool everybody liked it, but unfortunately not a lot of people got to hear that song until we released our following album, “Smash”. We’d play “Dirty Magic” on the “Smash” shows and nobody knew it, so it’s one of those situations where the most loyal fans consider the song to be a favorite but the “casual” fans, who are more familiar with the recent albums, don’t know it. So we thought it would be a good idea for them to hear it now.

G1 – When The Offspring released “Americana”, the top charts were dominated by pop music and you guys, in a certain way, got rock music back onto mainstream. In your opinion, could you guys do the same thing nowadays?
    Holland – Who could put rock music back into the top charts? Us! Who knows… The universe of pop music is so different than ours, so it’s complicated to say anything about it. What I have, however, learned is that things come and go, so pop music might go away for a little and while and rock music might take its place. There are also the rappers… You never know what’s going to happen next. We don’t really care about it; we just want to make the best record we possibly can.

G1 – What memories do you have from your last visit to Brazil?
    Holland – It was crazy! I think that Brazil has some of the most passionate fans in the entire world. I think it’s part of the people’s souls. We really like it, it makes the show very energetic and wild, because we want people to go crazy and jump around when we play. We always enjoy playing in Brazil.

G1 – Have you guys ever thought about maybe ending the band at a certain point?
    Holland – No, because playing is something that’s fun for us. If we weren’t having fun anymore, we’d look for something else to do. Being in a band has always been the best thing we ever thought we could do in our lives and we’ll keep doing it as long as it’s something we enjoy doing.
    Last edited by Gustavo; 09-13-2012 at 06:05 PM.

thanks gustavo

it seems like they get asked about dirty magic in almost every interview
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 09-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.

thanks gustavo!nice interview!it seems like you spend a lot of time to write it
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Yeah thanks for the interview! I had a laugh when it said "We invited Rock Band".
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

What "reworking of an older song" are they talking about in the interview, because I don't remember anything reworked at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dloweri View Post
    What "reworking of an older song" are they talking about in the interview, because I don't remember anything reworked at the show.
    they must not have done it i think he was talking about the gone away duet

Oops, my bad! Sorry about that.