Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amagawd, life-change on the way.

Default Amagawd, life-change on the way.

I'm not quite sure why I'm making a thread about this, since it's only really important to me, but I'm very excited, and nervous, and everything.

In 4 weeks time, my girlfriend and I will be moving out of the crapolahole of Walsall, and moving to a gorgeous, quiet little village just outside of Swansea. Though I've sort of been living with her down here, this is the first flat that will officially both be ours - and it's a good 300 miles away from where I live. eek!

I suppose I have to turn this into a participation thread, so tell me about your experiences of first moving out. Not if they're bad though - I'm nervous enough as it is!
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

I haven't moved out yet.

Thank you for that far-reaching and detailed contribution.
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

Just wanted to say congratulations! My mens and I wanna move out so bad (he pretty much lives with me in my parents house). Alas, apartments here are WAY more than we could afford until we're done with school.

i guess it's all about the dream

ooh! Sounds nice! Take lots of pictures.

as for me, I'll be moving into a dorm at the university of Arizona in a few weeks, so that's pretty exciting. Other than that, though, there's not a whole lot I can contribute to this thread.

Congrats! Moving out is scary and awesome. I just had my mom visiting my apartment for the first time since I moved to New York, and that was kind of nice but also a little weird. Like, even though I haven't lived at home since I was 18, it didn't sink in until now that I have my own home where my mom can come visit.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Congrats. Yeah, having your own place is a big adjustment, but you'll settle into it very quickly, trust me. I lived away from home for two years before my fiance and I split up. It only took a couple of weeks for the novelty of my own place to wear off and things become normal again. Having said that, I worked in a job I hated with a passion and didn't get any time off when I was moving, so I maybe didn't get enough time to take it all in. I hope you can both cook!
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

I moved all the furniture in my bedroom around just yesterday. It was kind of a change.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Exclamation

congrats!! moving out is so exciting.

my first moving out experience involved going to school on a different continent and living with people i regard as family, so i guess it wasn't that much of a shock.

my second and proper moving out was very spontaneous. i'd been dating him (mr sunny) for like a month and a half, and we were just like "wanna move in together? yeah? cool!". aha. it was awesome.

have fun! =)

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

it's not that big a deal. the worst part is having to pay bills. the best part is walking around nude all the time.