Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 211

Thread: Do you eat meat?

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness
    Posts
    1,886


    Red face

    I stopped eating meat when I was a little kid like 8 or 9 after hearing about the way livestock is treated and seeing a slaughterhouse. I'm not bleeding heart about it anymore but meat just stopped being food. I've tried to eat it but it makes me gag. I recently started eating fish again but even that gives me a mini heartattack if the eyes are left on or something. Personally, I'm mildly embarrassed by my vegetarianism and feel like a wuss every time I get misty eyed during California Cows commercials. They've just got such big ol eyelashes and it's chickens if you raise them like pets will wait by the door for you to come home they're just like puppies. All the growth hormones, torture, no exposure to sunlight, chopped off limbs/beaks, etc etc is excessive cruelty for the sake of convenience that I don't want to be a part of but if you can hack it, you can hack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,590


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Keep in mind tho that that is a very north american specific problem. Or no that's a lie, but the scale of it is. I mean here where I live you have very easy access to both mass produced and organic. People still make it blah blah blah. In fact if you buy the cheapest like out in the market or at your local butcher shop, you can very easily buy organic shit. I think it's pretty much the same throughout the rest of Europe.

    Although we also have "bio" or "organic" stores that are more expensive, but not crazy differences.
    Ah well here it's the "bad" meat from Germany that we don't want polluting our health. However it wouldn't surprise me that the higher EU regulations regarding everything means that our meat isn't slowly plotting our collective death.

    Butcher's here are for high quality meat, however it's been discovered that you can get the same quality meat for like a third of the price if you go to a Halal butchers. Smaaart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post

    Anyone like Star Trek? An interesting fact from Star Trek is that Vulcans do not eat meat. They consider it to be barbaric. I would not be surprised to see most humans eventually come to this conclusion, because I do believe that it is somewhat illogical to kill animals and devour their flesh when we don't need to. Of course, that's only illogical if you also believe that all life has value. If you think that a cow only exists for our benefit then you won't ever reach this same conclusion.
    This is the only part of your post I skimmed. (Actually I just read it, but at FIRST).
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ixnay On The Hombre
    Posts
    1,574


    Default

    I eat meat. Bad me.
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Denver-Metro, Colorado (The City of Dis)
    Posts
    1,521


    Default

    I just don't get meat flavored food products: ramen, tofu and rice, amongst others. From where I stand that’s just fucked up... It's like, "Yea I'm a vegetarian, but I love the taste of meat, so I put that flavoring in my food." That's basically saying, "I like the taste of HUMAN but I know it's wrong, so I just put that flavoring in my food."

    And if you've acquired the taste for meat... then wouldn't you have had to eaten meat before?

    PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

    Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

    Turn off - cox

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,350


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adombomb222 View Post
    I just don't get meat flavored food products: ramen, tofu and rice, amongst others. From where I stand that’s just fucked up... It's like, "Yea I'm a vegetarian, but I love the taste of meat, so I put that flavoring in my food." That's basically saying, "I like the taste of HUMAN but I know it's wrong, so I just put that flavoring in my food."

    And if you've acquired the taste for meat... then wouldn't you have had to eaten meat before?
    Vegetarianism really has nothing to do with taste. Also, I know that the meat flavored Ramen nooodles are made with real meat.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,293


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adombomb222 View Post
    I just don't get meat flavored food products: ramen, tofu and rice, amongst others. From where I stand that’s just fucked up... It's like, "Yea I'm a vegetarian, but I love the taste of meat, so I put that flavoring in my food." That's basically saying, "I like the taste of HUMAN but I know it's wrong, so I just put that flavoring in my food."

    And if you've acquired the taste for meat... then wouldn't you have had to eaten meat before?
    what's your point exactly? most vegetarians have eaten meat before. many think it's tasty. and?

    When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,684


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adombomb222 View Post
    I just don't get meat flavored food products: ramen, tofu and rice, amongst others. From where I stand that’s just fucked up... It's like, "Yea I'm a vegetarian, but I love the taste of meat, so I put that flavoring in my food." That's basically saying, "I like the taste of HUMAN but I know it's wrong, so I just put that flavoring in my food."

    And if you've acquired the taste for meat... then wouldn't you have had to eaten meat before?
    All vegetarians have eaten meat before. It's not like people are born vegan and aren't allowed to be breast fed as babies as a result, it's something that's decided by them at some point during their life.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    Haha, I forgot about DxH.

    His arms are HUGE.
    And you just want him to hold you and bury your face in his muscular chest because it just makes you feel so SAFE, dogg, amirite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    So you should be Big_Miss_1565 Poseur =)
    No moar hope 4 bettar dayz

    Quote Originally Posted by adombomb222 View Post
    I just don't get meat flavored food products: ramen, tofu and rice, amongst others. From where I stand that’s just fucked up... It's like, "Yea I'm a vegetarian, but I love the taste of meat, so I put that flavoring in my food." That's basically saying, "I like the taste of HUMAN but I know it's wrong, so I just put that flavoring in my food."
    Everyone else seems to have gotten the other "WTF?" part of this post already, but like Bighead said, the meat flavorings in ramen are from real meat and vegetarians do not eat it. When I was veg, I would throw some vegetable boullion in a pot with 2 cups of water and throw in the ramen noodles with maybe some veggies and tofu once the water was boiling. That shit was good. So it didn't taste like meat, so it's really weird of you to say that.

    The other thing is tofu and rice. Tofu doesn't taste like anything; the whole point of making it is to make it taste like tamari/soy sauce, curry, whatever else, and it has such a nice texture (and heartier textured if you slice it up and freeze it before you use it). So again, no meat flavoring, so it's weird of you to say that.

    And again with rice. Julia Child says never to cook anything in just plain old water, so my mom taught me to make pasta and rice and everything with chicken boullion. It makes everything much more tasty. But, since chicken boullion is made from actual chicken, I changed that to vegetable boullion when I was vegetarian. Everything was still incredibly tasty. So no meat flavoring, weird of you to say that, etc.

    What I've noticed in this thread, adombomb, is that your replies continually make it sound like you know what you're talking about when the truth is you don't know the first thing about what you're passing judgment on. What gives?

    Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    It's not like people are born vegan and aren't allowed to be breast fed as babies as a result
    Point of order -- breast milk is considered vegan because it is voluntarily given, since humans are able to communicate consent to other humans etc. The bizarre vegan parents who ended up killing their children by trying to make them be raw foodists/hardxcore vegan from birth and denied them breast milk are crazy, not vegan.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 08-03-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    HUNNIC EMPIRE
    Posts
    1,105


    Default

    "All vegetarians have eaten meat before."

    My cousin never eat meat. His mom didn't give him meat. And now He say that he doesn't eat a dead animal.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,008


    Default

    I eat meat because I think it's delicious, and I consider it to be an important part of my diet. When I cook, I generally try to buy higher quality meats, but organic is too fucking expensive for my grad student budget. That goes for milk, eggs, etc too. That's the plain truth of it.
    omg sigged fuck you

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •