Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat meat?

You're a grad student now? Geez, I feel like we're so outta touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Everyone else seems to have gotten the other "WTF?" part of this post already, but like Bighead said, the meat flavorings in ramen are from real meat and vegetarians do not eat it. When I was veg, I would throw some vegetable boullion in a pot with 2 cups of water and throw in the ramen noodles with maybe some veggies and tofu once the water was boiling. That shit was good. So it didn't taste like meat, so it's really weird of you to say that.

The other thing is tofu and rice. Tofu doesn't taste like anything; the whole point of making it is to make it taste like tamari/soy sauce, curry, whatever else, and it has such a nice texture (and heartier textured if you slice it up and freeze it before you use it). So again, no meat flavoring, so it's weird of you to say that.

And again with rice. Julia Child says never to cook anything in just plain old water, so my mom taught me to make pasta and rice and everything with chicken boullion. It makes everything much more tasty. But, since chicken boullion is made from actual chicken, I changed that to vegetable boullion when I was vegetarian. Everything was still incredibly tasty. So no meat flavoring, weird of you to say that, etc.

What I've noticed in this thread, adombomb, is that your replies continually make it sound like you know what you're talking about when the truth is you don't know the first thing about what you're passing judgment on. What gives?
    Well obviously I was not aware that the ramen seasoning was made with meat. And I’ve actually read the ingredients to both the noodles and soup base and it does contain “beef fat”. And like I said, I was not aware of that.

I am however aware of that tofu doesn’t taste like anything. I also know seasoning are added, and when I’ve used it or have had it before it was cooked with beef, pork, lamb, chicken and sausage, the flavor of those meats were transferred into the tofu. I’ve also had it with out meats cooked with it and it had chicken flavoring. As with rice it’s the same thing. Also Rice A Roni is something I eat, which I wasn’t aware it contained beef products as well. (After reading the ingredients I found it contains “dried beef broth”.) So I’ve come to the conclusion that most, if not all, meat flavored seasonings contain some kind of meat product. I was not aware of this fat before.

Now one the few vegetarian meals I have had soy based imitation beef product that tasted like beef (as well as rubber). This is where I got the notion that vegetarians' regularly eat meat-flavored foods. Which is way I find it odd/funny that vegetarians would eat meat-flavored products. And I know Dan wouldn’t eat anything that had meat or meat products in it, and his parents are supportive, so I know for a fact that those meals did not contain meat products, and they did have meat flavored seasonings.

I’ve made few posts in here, not many too serious in fact. My first post was crude and childish. I believe my next few were about skittles? And then I was making a point about PETA. And my last post I do apologies for my arrogance since I wasn’t aware that those seasonings had meat products in them. And I may not fully understand vegetarianism or the life style, but I have not made any health comments like I have before in a similar thread, because I don’t know the health issues/benefits involved in the life style. I’ve only made sarcastic remarks and observations (observations which were under notions that have now been proven incorrect) in this thread.

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Not wanting to eat meat for ethical, practical, or any other reason doesn't stop someone from thinking that meat tastes good in and of itself, so why would it be weird?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I don't exactly know how to put it in words? Why would you want to eat something that tastes like something you don't want to eat? This goes back to the human thing, would you think it was weird if someone were to eat human flavored ramen? And the reason I use human in this example is because most of society sees that as a taboo. I'm not a vegetarian but I’d think vegetarians would see eating meat as a taboo. I'm just saying, to me, it seems like there’s something morally or philosophically odd about that, not wrong, just odd.

I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Vegetarians don't see eating meat as a taboo. It's a choice, a personal one, and certainly a privileged choice to be able to decide not to eat something. That's also something that played into my decision to start eating meat again -- wanting to be able to eat anything that someone put down in front of me.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Well then that statement would be directed to extreme vegetarians whom spread their agenda everywhere.

And don’t get me wrong, just because I don’t care how my meat is obtained doesn’t mean I don’t care about the cruelty involved. I’d love to see animals slaughtered in a more humane way. Like Canada’s KFC’s recently signed an agreement to only use chicken that meat certain criteria of slaughtering. That fact I picked up from Rise Against and their animal rights campaign.

Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    Yes, I eat meat, and I enjoy it. There's no big deep reason why I eat it, it's as simple as the fact that I like it. And if you choose not to eat meat for whatever reason, that's mighty fine too.
    This.

That is all.
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

Richard - Vulcans not eating meat might be inspired by high-caste Hindus being vegetarian, too. Often lower castes try to reach ritual purity by adopting Brahmin (highest caste) customs, such as being vegetarian.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

That makes sense, Gene Roddenberry was a pretentious hippy douche so he would've been interested in dorky stuff like that
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Vera, something like that crossed my mind too. I don't know much about Hindus, but somehow I ended up reading about them on wikipedia recently. That certainly wasn't why I originally went to wikipedia. I probably never even finished researching what I went there for. Damn links, can't resist, must click.

The best thing Roddenberry ever did for Star Trek was die. Wait, Ozymandias doesn't still post here does here? If so I'm deleting that last part.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks