Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 211

Thread: Do you eat meat?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    You're coming off as someone who looks down on people who eat meat and want them to justify why they do something that they just do. You could have said "I stopped eating meat three years ago and I'm curious why others choose to eat meat," instead of using judgmental language like "justify" and being defensive from the outset about your being a vegetarian.
    As a male, I've guarantee that I've gotten a lot more shit about being a vegetarian then you, so maybe I'm naturally a bit defensive about it. Seriously, maybe I was the slightest(and even that's a stretch if you ask me) bit defensive, but can't you cut me some slack based on your knowledge of common condescending views/attitudes about vegetarianism?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    As a male, I've guarantee that I've gotten a lot more shit about being a vegetarian then you, so maybe I'm naturally a bit defensive about it. Seriously, maybe I was the slightest(and even that's a stretch if you ask me) bit defensive, but can't you cut me some slack based on your knowledge of common condescending views/attitudes about vegetarianism?
    By the way, the martyr mode? Not making you look like not-a-douche. Not only am I older than you, but I was vegetarian for longer, and in the Midwest for a good chunk of that time. Seriously, you're going to tell me what life experiences I've had? Defensively purporting to have suffered more than another is not the hallmark of a non-douche.

    And yeah, I could cut you some slack, but condescending attitudes towards vegetarians are often times just as much brought on themselves or others due to their attitudes towards meat eaters. It goes both ways, and is a self-perpetuating cycle unless you break it by treating others' dietary choices with the same respect that you want to receive for your own.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    HUNNIC EMPIRE
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    I didn't eat meat...just soya...but I was weak and very skinny...after I sampled the salami..since I eat meat.
    But I always ate hamburger. I don't know why. I liked that and I like that. I wasn't strong willed. but now I don't care.
    I eat that what I like...meat or not meat. never mind.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,293


    Default

    bighead, with all due respect, cry me a river. oh what a hardship. my husband 1. is male and 2. used to be a vegetarian for 8 years - half of that in fucking TEXAS of all places - and somehow that didn't turn him into a whiny douche of epic proportions.

    When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,684


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I haven't eaten meat for over 3 years now. I'm trying to understand how people who eat meat justify their decision. Since I usually hear nothing but stupid cliches and one liners when people try to argue this subject, I'm going to have to request that people refrain from doing that in this thread. I don't care if you think vegetarians are pretentious or anything beside the point like that, just explain in an intelligent way why you personally think it's okay to eat meat.
    I don't think vegetarians are pretentious, but I do think you're a douche for asking this question.

    I feel the need to point out that I wrote the above reply before reading anyone else's replies and was pleasantly surprised to see other people say basically the same thing.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    By the way, the martyr mode? Not making you look like not-a-douche. Not only am I older than you, but I was vegetarian for longer, and in the Midwest for a good chunk of that time. Seriously, you're going to tell me what life experiences I've had? Defensively purporting to have suffered more than another is not the hallmark of a non-douche.

    And yeah, I could cut you some slack, but condescending attitudes towards vegetarians are often times just as much brought on themselves or others due to their attitudes towards meat eaters. It goes both ways, and is a self-perpetuating cycle unless you break it by treating others' dietary choices with the same respect that you want to receive for your own.
    Males get more shit about being vegetarian, plain and simple, end of story.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Alright, alright, c'mon now, let's not all jump on the namecalling bandwagon.

    /mom
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,449


    Default

    Yes, you come of as a douche.

    Anyway, I eat meat because I enjoy the taste. That is my number 1 objective while eating. Eating something that taste good. Also, meat does not have to be unhealthy by any means.

    This is not to say I don't enjoy fruits and vegetable. I looooooove potatoes, I could probably eat them with every meal. And onions? I could eat those with every meal. Apples, all sorts of berries, peaches, nectarines. All good stuff.

    How do you feel about vegans bighead?
    I wrote a four word letter.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Males get more shit about being vegetarian, plain and simple, end of story.
    Wow.

    If you wanted to show mutual respect for what someone else was saying, you might have wanted to say "Men get a lot of shit about being vegetarian," instead of having to frame it to make yourself look like a put-upon martyr. If you can't see why this rubs other people the wrong way, I don't know what else to say to you.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 08-01-2008 at 06:00 PM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    You so amazingly naive it's ridiculous. What planet are you from?

    Edit:I don't feel like arguing this again, but just so readers know, 1565 edited the above post after I responded.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-01-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •