Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 211

Thread: Do you eat meat?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,680


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I haven't eaten meat for over 3 years now. I'm trying to understand how people who eat meat justify their decision. Since I usually hear nothing but stupid cliches and one liners when people try to argue this subject, I'm going to have to request that people refrain from doing that in this thread. I don't care if you think vegetarians are pretentious or anything beside the point like that, just explain in an intelligent way why you personally think it's okay to eat meat.
    I don't think vegetarians are pretentious, but I do think you're a douche for asking this question.

    I feel the need to point out that I wrote the above reply before reading anyone else's replies and was pleasantly surprised to see other people say basically the same thing.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,459


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    By the way, the martyr mode? Not making you look like not-a-douche. Not only am I older than you, but I was vegetarian for longer, and in the Midwest for a good chunk of that time. Seriously, you're going to tell me what life experiences I've had? Defensively purporting to have suffered more than another is not the hallmark of a non-douche.

    And yeah, I could cut you some slack, but condescending attitudes towards vegetarians are often times just as much brought on themselves or others due to their attitudes towards meat eaters. It goes both ways, and is a self-perpetuating cycle unless you break it by treating others' dietary choices with the same respect that you want to receive for your own.
    Males get more shit about being vegetarian, plain and simple, end of story.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,440


    Default

    Yes, you come of as a douche.

    Anyway, I eat meat because I enjoy the taste. That is my number 1 objective while eating. Eating something that taste good. Also, meat does not have to be unhealthy by any means.

    This is not to say I don't enjoy fruits and vegetable. I looooooove potatoes, I could probably eat them with every meal. And onions? I could eat those with every meal. Apples, all sorts of berries, peaches, nectarines. All good stuff.

    How do you feel about vegans bighead?
    I wrote a four word letter.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,459


    Default

    You so amazingly naive it's ridiculous. What planet are you from?

    Edit:I don't feel like arguing this again, but just so readers know, 1565 edited the above post after I responded.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-01-2008 at 08:26 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,286


    Thumbs up

    i approve of the widespread use of "douche" in this thread. yes.

    When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,459


    Default

    If you can't admit that males get more shit than females about being vegetarian, this conversation is over. Hell, it was stupid of me to post something like this here anyway.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,895


    Default

    Wow, this thread got hostile real fast. Anyway...

    "Animals eat other animals. It's nature."
    "That's not true! We taught a lion to eat tofu!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

  8. #18
    Camilamazed Guest


    Default

    Well, I eat meat because I was taught to since I was a child and I got used to it. I would like to stop eating meat though not because it's so cool to be a vegetarian, but because when I do not eat meat I feel my digestion works better and I do not feel so full. However, It's too late I think too quit because I like it.


  9. #19


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Wow, this thread got hostile real fast. Anyway...

    "Animals eat other animals. It's nature."
    "That's not true! We taught a lion to eat tofu!"
    Did anyone else catch the severe win of this post? No? Didn't get the reference? oh well...

    Anyhoo, I eat meat and oh lordy, I love it. I have nothing against vegetatians or vegans at all. Frankly (no pun intended), it leaves more better cuts of steak for me. I am friends with a few vegetarians and we seem to be able to eat around each other pretty well.

    The only thing I HATE is when they get on their high horse and start criticizing me for eating meat.

    "I haven't eaten meat in 3 years"
    "I haven't had a banana in a month. Don't see me bragging."



    EDIT: .... I forgot what i was going to say. I'll re-edit this post once I remember what it was.

    EDIT2: Now i remember. When I do eat meat, I really do respect the animal that died. I think that's a bit of a problem in the United States. I dunno if it's the Mexican in me or what, but I always have great respect for the animal that gave it's life to make that oh-so-delicious steak in front of me. It seems like in America we like to make the meat seem as far from the original creature as possible, possibly to relieve some guilt for how much we over-eat McDonalds and stuff (btw, I LOOOOOOVE Big Macs!). That's probably why Americans get really squeamish whenever we see a plate with the head of the animal still on it.
    Last edited by Thomas; 08-01-2008 at 06:20 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,895


    Default

    The only reason we don't eat human is because it tastes lousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •