Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Do you eat meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Brilliant - I love it.
    I hate meat but that's still brilliant!

Agree with Llamas.

It is sad when people think that all vegetarians eat is leaves and a few vegetables.

I used to love meat when I ate it, but I don't miss it at all anymore, because what I eat now is great, and I'm not missing out. A lot of the different meals I eat now way outdo anything with meat. And besides, these days there are so many meat substitutes that it barely makes much difference (although I prefer to eat homemade meals).
    Even my mom says that since I became vegetarian, it has really opened up a lot of new meals to her, and she would happily eat a vegetarian meal over the usual roast chicken most days.

1 members appreciate this post.

I have this great distaste for handling raw meat, so I rarely cook with meat at all. Not to mention, it has an incredibly short shelf life. One of the greatest burgers I've ever had was a black bean burger(no meat). Soooooooooooo good. I make a ton of foods at home with eggs and beans and such for protein. Nom nom nom.

I do, however, love me some bacon. Don't think I could live without it. I have yet to find a suitable substitute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I'm not a vegetarian (I rarely buy meat to cook at home, and most of my meals at home are meatless, but I'll eat what other people serve me, and I'll eat meat sometimes when I go out to eat or share with friends), but when people say things like this, it makes me really sad that the person hasn't had really good meatless food As someone said in this thread, meat itself doesn't even have much flavor - you have to season the crap out of it. There are meals that are only saved with some meat, but there are even more meals that simply don't need meat because they're so delicious as they are. One of the best burgers I've ever had was made without meat. And no, it wasn't soy or tofu. :P
    I suppose I just haven't been fed a good meatless meal before. I enjoy a wide range of meats, some with flavor (squirrel, game bird, deer, etc), and some with not so much natural flavor (beef, pork).
    I won't knock something until I try it though. I'm not going to go out seeking a meatless meal, but I'll gladly eat one if presented with the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

It's also sad that people think just because the meat they've had is tasteless, all of it is. Yeah, the chicken from Safeway is pretty tasteless, but that's not good chicken.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    It's also sad that people think just because the meat they've had is tasteless, all of it is. Yeah, the chicken from Safeway is pretty tasteless, but that's not good chicken.
    I never really got that shit back when I ate meat. I generally would always expect the sauce to carry most of the flavor with very little care as to the quality of the meat (provided it's at least decent). And I'm from the northeast where snobby degos have influenced the standards and expectations of quality.
    Last edited by bighead384; 03-25-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I've had a lot of very high quality chicken, pork, and steak, organically grown (like, directly from the local farm) and quite expensive. Unseasoned, it has little flavor. Need spices and/or sauces. There are plenty of other foods besides meat that also need seasoning or sauce, but there are quite a few dishes without spices or sauces I'd rather eat that an unseasoned piece of meat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Here's the main problem with vegetarians (and pretty much everyone else). Unless you're Bear Grylls you don't have a diet interesting enough to be worthy of conversation, and like 99.9% of diet-based conversational topics, no matter what your diet is (or isn't), its been talked to death a thousand times.

If someone says they are vegetarians and your first reaction is to say "I love meat", fucking staple your lips shut cause you're the most boring person in the room.

If you're a vegetarian and your first reaction is to find any excuse possible to bring it up; well see the sentence above.

If you're anything in-between, fuck you asshole, no one cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Voyager definitely picked up as it progressed, but you have to sit through the early ones to fully appreciate it all.

DS9 is my favorite, excluding Enterprise. DS9 probably has the least Roddenberry influence of them all. In fact, I've heard it said that they intentionally crammed it full of themes that Roddenberry never allowed. Such as major conflict between permanent characters, and technology having a bad side. There's war, genocide, betrayal, and officers disregarding protocols in even ways Kirk wouldn't have considered. It's got the finest writing and best characters of all the Trek shows. It's the show that made me a Trek fan to begin with.

DS9 is also the least popular Star Trek show amongst Trekkies, making me somewhat less nerdy by loving it. Maybe.
    Now back on topic. In the 5 intervening years between this post and my reply, I'll say that DS9 was a favorite of mine after having finished the entire franchise.

Then when I finished it again I switched back to Voyager. Its pretty much solid from Episode 1 until the episode before the last one.

Voyager's series finale was that series' "Encounter at Far-Point Station". That is to say, awful and non-sensical. Seriously (Spoi... Fuck you, this is a 5 year late reply to a show that ended 14 years ago, if THIS post spoils the ending then GOOD, I'm glad), seriously though, Voyager gets back to the alpha quadrant inside an exploding Borg cube 'somehow'. Fuck you Hewitt-Wolfe, I know you wrote it, this has ANDROMEDA all over it.uuuuuuuugggggghhhh

Thank God I steered conversation back on track. Also I can't wait to read Memory of Light. Took upon myself the task of re-reading the entire series last january. Am now on The Gathering Storm. I wish I could tag T-6005 and PiB.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.