Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you eat meat?

Thumbs up

i approve of the widespread use of "douche" in this thread. yes.

When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better.

If you can't admit that males get more shit than females about being vegetarian, this conversation is over. Hell, it was stupid of me to post something like this here anyway.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Wow, this thread got hostile real fast. Anyway...

"Animals eat other animals. It's nature."
    "That's not true! We taught a lion to eat tofu!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    You so amazingly naive it's ridiculous. What planet are you from?
    The one that everyone else is from, where the world doesn't solely revolve around what they think of themselves. Regardless of how much you have actually suffered, you cannot, repeat cannot, claim to have suffered more than another without knowing what their story is and knowing whether or not it is quantitatively true. Insisting upon doing so, well, don't ask why you might piss someone off with it.

And please, everyone, stop calling him a douche. What I said about the self-perpetuating cycle also applies to this.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Camilamazed Guest

Well, I eat meat because I was taught to since I was a child and I got used to it. I would like to stop eating meat though not because it's so cool to be a vegetarian, but because when I do not eat meat I feel my digestion works better and I do not feel so full. However, It's too late I think too quit because I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Wow, this thread got hostile real fast. Anyway...

"Animals eat other animals. It's nature."
    "That's not true! We taught a lion to eat tofu!"
    Did anyone else catch the severe win of this post? No? Didn't get the reference? oh well...

Anyhoo, I eat meat and oh lordy, I love it. I have nothing against vegetatians or vegans at all. Frankly (no pun intended), it leaves more better cuts of steak for me. I am friends with a few vegetarians and we seem to be able to eat around each other pretty well.

The only thing I HATE is when they get on their high horse and start criticizing me for eating meat.

"I haven't eaten meat in 3 years"
    "I haven't had a banana in a month. Don't see me bragging."

EDIT: .... I forgot what i was going to say. I'll re-edit this post once I remember what it was.

EDIT2: Now i remember. When I do eat meat, I really do respect the animal that died. I think that's a bit of a problem in the United States. I dunno if it's the Mexican in me or what, but I always have great respect for the animal that gave it's life to make that oh-so-delicious steak in front of me. It seems like in America we like to make the meat seem as far from the original creature as possible, possibly to relieve some guilt for how much we over-eat McDonalds and stuff (btw, I LOOOOOOVE Big Macs!). That's probably why Americans get really squeamish whenever we see a plate with the head of the animal still on it.
    Last edited by Thomas; 08-01-2008 at 07:20 PM.

The only reason we don't eat human is because it tastes lousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

lil_punk_rawker Guest

Ive been vegetarian for about 4 years now. Most people I meet are like 'OMG how can you do that, that's so cool!' I have had a few people who don't agree and stir me up for it but (I don't mean to offend anyone) but how much shit can you get for being vegetarian?
    I mean, I had a few old guys making jokes and people offering me meat bc I am veggie but that's about it. Has anyone got any worse????

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    The only reason we don't eat human is because it tastes lousy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hufu

Alright, I'm just gonna lay all my cards out on the table here...

This thread just didn't work out the way I wanted it to. Hell, the reason I made this thread is because I'm starting to consider not being a vegetarian anymore, and here I am being considered one of the douchebag arrogant vegetarians. I guess I can kinda sorta see how in my first post I was slightly defensive. But vegetarians get a lot of shit, so I was just trying to keep out people who just want to give me shit for being a vegetarian. It's not about being a martyr, it's just plain true that you get a lot of shit if you don't eat meat. I shouldn't have said that I "guarantee" that as a male I've taken more shit about it (and god knows you guys pounced right on that opportunity), but I think it's pretty safe to say that's it's generally true that males are given a harder time about not eating meat.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-01-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.