Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recording Question

and my program could easily be a problem. I use RecordPad by NHC Swift sound. its probably shit, especially since its the trial verision. but i dont have much to compare it to, except Sound Recorder.
    Check out my music -> Egression

Quote Originally Posted by SK8rocka View Post
    aww man i wish i had money *starts to cry*
    haha I only bought the squier

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Also, I'm using a Line 6 Spider II amp.
    !@#%4

That's the same as my amp.

haha sweet. I guess I just have to do pretty much what you do, then. Any suggestions for a program to start?

I use Acoustica Mixcraft, it seems to work really well with hooking up an amp directly into the microphone jack.

I know for a fact that there are some programs that don't work well with that method of recording, so I recommend that program mentioned above. Though, it's uh, hard to get for free.
    Last edited by Homer; 08-07-2008 at 01:28 PM.

Yeah, I'm just looking for something free. I'll look for it though.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I use Adobe Audition (1.5), which is also, uh, hard to get for free, but I guess I would recommend Audacity. It seemed to work pretty well for the time I was using it. And it's free.

EDIT: Heh, I've just listened to the recordings, and I've never heard that much constant hiss before. Sounds like a waterfall. I couldn't begin to give suggestions for that. Guitar sounds great, though.
    Last edited by randman21; 08-07-2008 at 03:02 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Yeah, I tried Audacity once, but it tried to open in DOS, and my PC doesn't agree with DOS.

So, I found a trial of Acoustica Mixcraft, and basically the only difference is that it expires at some point, which isn't a big deal, since I can just re-install it.

Also, I tried Sk8rocka's method, and hooked the cable to my computer into my Tubescreamer, and that runs to the guitar. It got rid of the hiss, but it sounded like shit.

And thanks for the comments!

Also, could it have something to do with the cable Im using to hook up to my PC? If I remember correctly, I just grabbed a random cable in Radioshack that fit.
    That is really a good possibility. The cable you are using may not be itended for that kind of use, so you may be overloading it.

Recording mics in general are expensive. You could try looking them up on Musiciansfriend.com which tends to have pretty standard pricing for such things.

Now that I am listening to the recording, I really do think it may be the cable. I've had a lot of problems like this in the past. Go to a music store in your area and find out what they recommended (granted that not all music stores carry recording equipment, but there is probably at least one in your area that will carry at least the basics) It'll cost more than the cab;e you have now, but hopefully it would take care of the problem, or at least lessen it.

PS: Not bad playin btw.
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

So, I found a trial of Acoustica Mixcraft, and basically the only difference is that it expires at some point, which isn't a big deal, since I can just re-install it.
    PM me your email, and I'll send you a file that uh... has advantages.

And by file I mean my recordings...

Also, Audacity doesn't work with the method of recording stated in this thread.