Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bands You've Discovered Because of Video Games.

Default Bands You've Discovered Because of Video Games.

I got this idea from another forum. The thread is self-explanatory. I know a lot of people are going to mention Guitar Hero and Rock Band (or maybe even Crazy Taxi), and that's fine. But I also want people to mention other games.

For example, a small part of the reason I started listening to AFI was because Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 had "The Boy Who Destroyed The World".

PS: I know there are a lot of bands that some wouldn't consider very good that have songs in video games. In any case, please keep flaming to a minimum.
    Last edited by 0r4ng3; 08-21-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

I discovered Gob from NHL 200x(dunno the exact year), and a few years later from a newer version of NHL, I discovered Goodnight Nurse. Really like those bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I listened to Jimmy Eat World for awhile because Thung2 had "Pain".

PUT OFF THE FUSS YOU CHICKENSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by ilovellamas View Post
    I really wanna think this was sarcasm... but I don't remember adombomb ever being much of a sarcastic guy... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    Turn on - vaginas

Turn off - cox

Apparently a lot of people got into Goldfinger because of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1. But it seems like no one listen to their new stuff. I always thought they could make a great ska album, but they usually just mix in a lot of different styles.

I started listening to Offspring because Jeremy McGrath's Supercross 2000 had Genocide.
    Check out my music -> Egression

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines got me into Tiamat's "Cain" and others songs, and into Ministry as well. There were more of such game discoveries but I can't remember them atm.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Does anyone remember an arcade game called Top Skater? It had "It's What You Do With It", "Homesick", and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by Pennywise. I didn't get into Pennywise because of that game, but a while later when I did start listening to those songs, I was all "hey wow these sound familiar".
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Does anyone remember an arcade game called Top Skater? It had "It's What You Do With It", "Homesick", and "Wouldn't It Be Nice" by Pennywise. I didn't get into Pennywise because of that game, but a while later when I did start listening to those songs, I was all "hey wow these sound familiar".
    Wow yeah. I remember people I thought were cool listened to Pennywise. And then I was listening to them while playing that game. I'm pretty sure that's how I got into although I don't remember for sure.

I found Avenged Sevenfold, while playing Madden 2004, 4 years ago.
    I really liked the song I heard so seached for more of there songs,
    now I love the band

I gave Oingo Boingo try #3 after hearing the Boingo Alive version of Who Do You Want to Be? in one of the Tony Hawk games. I think I got into Suicide Machines due to the first Tony Hawk as well, but I can't think of anything else really.