Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RAFRAG covered by us

It's a really cool idea
    If my mom decides to offer me an electric guitar, I might thing of that

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives,
    and create a monster they call destiny.

[SIGPIC]http://offspring.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=17883&dateline=125184 2720[/SIGPIC]

It could happen... We'd need to steal the covers that have been done already though.
    but not in a gay way

Alright! I'm in if I can do Kristy. That's my favorite track, and I absolutely *must* be allowed to claim it! I've already recorded it, and it can be heard in my band topic, message #26:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33680

And I'll be getting an electric drum kit in a week or two (it's in the mail, I just gotta wait for it), so I can do drums after it gets here. After that, I'm up for helping out with any other covers that need drums....and in the meantime, I can do guitar and bass, or vocals (if you like my voice....it's kind of squeaky, for some reason). I also *happen* to know every single song off of RAFRAG in its entirety on guitar and bass, so if there's a part you need me to play, by all means, hit me up

Seriously. This is like, the most influential album in my entire collection. I can't explain how much I love it!

EDIT: Here's the revised version of Kristy, with smoothed-out vocals and added guitar harmonies:

http://rapidshare.com/files/14170491...y_2.0.mp3.html

This is the version I'd like to contribute to any comp we might do
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 08-31-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerbecca View Post
    Hell yeah, sounds like an awesome idea. I wouldn't want to inflict my "singing" or guitar "playing" on anyone though, so if a drummer is needed, let me know.
    Wasn't finding a drummer the greatest problem for all of you, cover makers? Keep becca in mind!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    Is it ok if the cover is a collaboration? Cause you could use our cover of Hammerhead (as in Me, lost_nvrfound, static martyr, and now, possibly a drummer! And Disclaimer did editing so far, so I would recommend him)

It should be done within like 2 or 3 days if we've got a drummer.

Collaborations would be even better than a cover made solo by someone! That's like another thing I wanted to see here - people working together to make something their best, that would be kinda new internetz experience which you should like .

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Hey, I said it'd be kinda cool. By all means go ahead and prove me wrong, make it work.
    Exactly what he said!
    Quote Originally Posted by F@ BANKZ View Post
    It could happen... We'd need to steal the covers that have been done already though.
    Yeah, because pretty many RAFRAG songs were already covered made me think of a complete covers album, so go ahead and offer your existing cover!

...like Tim did. So it seems like Static_Martyr gets Kristy and Ryder's/lost_nvrfound's started duet gets Hammerhead.

It's not restricted for a person to work on several covers, so don't afraid to ask each other about help, it would be just more interesting if the album would be made by many, not few.

10 more songs left (if someone wants to cover O.C. Life, it would be welcome of course).
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Well, I'll take on Half Truism then. Maybe even with vocals, but that will be a tough one

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Alright! I'm in if I can do Kristy. That's my favorite track, and I absolutely *must* be allowed to claim it! I've already recorded it, and it can be heard in my band topic, message #26:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33680

And I'll be getting an electric drum kit in a week or two (it's in the mail, I just gotta wait for it), so I can do drums after it gets here. After that, I'm up for helping out with any other covers that need drums....and in the meantime, I can do guitar and bass, or vocals (if you like my voice....it's kind of squeaky, for some reason). I also *happen* to know every single song off of RAFRAG in its entirety on guitar and bass, so if there's a part you need me to play, by all means, hit me up

Seriously. This is like, the most influential album in my entire collection. I can't explain how much I love it!

EDIT: Here's the revised version of Kristy, with smoothed-out vocals and added guitar harmonies:

This is the version I'd like to contribute to any comp we might do
    The louder parts are clipped... Were you trying to make it very loud?
    And if this post offends you, just don't read it...

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    So it seems like Static_Martyr gets Kristy and Ryder's/lost_nvrfound's started duet gets Hammerhead.
    Lol, Static did the bass for ours. And as I said before, give all your stuff to Disclaimer_07 for static reduction and remastering if you can't do it yourself.

(Disclaimer you've got a lot coming )
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

This is a great cover. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post

I guess Static will a have a kit to record any drums before I will so there's no point holding up anyone to wait for me to be able to record stuff. I want dibs on doing the drums for Half-Truism though
    "T H E R A P Y ? - Music to take your clothes off to"

Well, I'll take on Half Truism then. Maybe even with vocals, but that will be a tough one

I can do the vox for Half-Truism! I can't promise they'll be stellar, but I mean, I can hit the notes, if that's the problem (which it seems to be, for most). If not, then....well, I'd get someone else who's better.

The louder parts are clipped... Were you trying to make it very loud?

I admit I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Is that bad? Do you mean clipped as in, they're overloaded? If so, I was actually trying to make it less loud; I've been having problems getting the vocals to not overload and drown out the rest of the mix (this mic is SO VERY sensitive), so I had to cut down the higher parts, and the result is a slightly different sound for the high parts. My voice works so that the higher the note, the louder I have to be to hit it, and although Kristy isn't the highest song on the album (A Lot Like Me, I'm looking at you 0_0), it's still high. I have to back off the mic to do the louder parts, but if I stand far away enough to avoid clipping the top of the high parts, I lose the lows in my voice, so all you get is this warbling squealing noise. So this is the best I know how to do at the moment; if you have any advice, though, I'd totally be open

I guess Static will a have a kit to record any drums before I will so there's no point holding up anyone to wait for me to be able to record stuff. I want dibs on doing the drums for Half-Truism though

I won't have it for another week or two at least, and on top of that I have to re-learn it when it does get here (I haven't touched a drum kit in about 2 years). So I'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'm fully ready, although I might be able to do some simple slow stuff like Nothingtown or A Lot Like Me the day I get the kit. So no hurries

This is a great cover. Good job

Thanks
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 09-01-2008 at 01:22 PM.

I'll do an acoustic version of Half-Truism. Or, if we're going by the basis of 'first come, first serve', then I'll take... hmm... Trust In You or You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.