Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RAFRAG covered by us

I know I've already done like 8 million songs off this album, but here's a no-vocals version of The O.C. Life. I noticed that nobody seems to have touched this one yet, so I prepared an instrumental backing track for anyone who's interested:

http://rapidshare.com/files/14193701...ntal_.mp3.html

If you're like me and got the American release of RAFRAG, and you didn't get OC Life with it, here's where you can download it:

http://offspring.ipshit.com/index.php?dir=audio/

And here are the lyrics, in case you have the song but don't know the words. Note, this is an approximation I got from a website, so I don't know if it's 100% correct:

So I wanna be a member and I wanna be a name
    And I Wanna be a local face and play the social game
    Dancing through a time warp in your dinosaur trends
    The limit of your mind is what they're counting on all ends
    Listen to the media present it as a fact
    Fall in your orders 'cause you don't know how to act
    Travel on estranged 'cause you don't know your own way
    They'll get you in the end then you'll pay
    'cause O.C. life is not the life for me
    Stupid little chicks and, egotistic boys
    O.C. life is not the life so free
    Pressures on my back
    and artificial joys . . . for you girls and boys
    Wanna be a member, wanna have some fame
    Fighting to stay ahead a part of the game
    Combat authority but don't get out of line
    Or they'll put you in the slammer you'll be doing some time
    714 tattooed on my head
    I find myself labeled that I'm a victim instead
    I fight all the rules I don't see the way
    I'd rather be dead then pay the price that they say
    'cause O.C. life is not the life for me
    Stupid little girls And egotistic boys
    O.C. life is not the life for free
    Pressures on my back
    and artificial joys . . . for you girls and boys
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 09-01-2008 at 05:43 PM.

hey thanks for that Tim! I'll do the vocals on whatever people want me to do them on. I'll try to do oc life tomorrow if i get a chance!

I really want to do A Lot Like Me. Its my favorite on the album. But I'd like to do it like a duet because he sings an octave down in the first half of the verses.

EDIT: Wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could get this into the hands of the offspring when it is complete?? Like, make album artwork and what not, and then burn it and give it to them? Of course, there would be a need to include all of the names (both user and real life) of the members involved and credit them with what they did. THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!!
    Last edited by lost_nvrfound; 09-01-2008 at 08:18 PM.
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

i can do those low parts. but i just plain dont have a good voice. i'll attempt it at some point however

also, if we could get this to them that would be awesome. maybe theyd invite us to go meet them lol
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Hey, hey, hey I got an idea!!!

We can do three part harmonies, like Bad Religion I can do high or low, but here's how we can do it:

Person 1 - Low vox during the verses, harmony vox during the chorus*
    Person 2 - High vox during the verses, lead during the chorus*
    Person 3 - "And no wonder hearts and minds have been won," and all the little extra ones that are in there that two people can't get without some serious overdubs

Although, it's mostly just an idea. I'd be cool with just you guys doing vox (I could use a day to relax my voice, anyway 0_0).

EDIT: Wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if we could get this into the hands of the offspring when it is complete?? Like, make album artwork and what not, and then burn it and give it to them? Of course, there would be a need to include all of the names (both user and real life) of the members involved and credit them with what they did. THAT WOULD BE SOOO COOL!!

Tribute album FTW!!!

BTW, I can probably do the piano part for A Lot Like me if you guys wanna do that. God knows the drums would be hella easier....I'm *still* working on hammerhead (although I only have the fills left to do....but damn, it's taking longer than I thought). So I mean, if you guys need drums for ALLM, I can totally do them. It'll have to wait until tomorrow, though.

OMG! I'M REALLY EXCITED! I LOVE THIS SONG SOOOO MUCH! I like the three part idea too.

EDIT: DO BOTH TIM!

EDIT: I mean all three!
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

I just attempted to record some of the things in the song (to give an idea of my recorded voice). I wont be uploading it, since its late here and I couldn't really sing very loud, but I hope I can pull it off, I sound funny doing it.

Alright....it is 12:49 in the morning here as I type this. I've been working on Hammerhead (drums and bass) since 6:15 this afternoon.

....but I'M DONE!!!

God, I've never felt so relieved in my life. That was the most frustrating effort I've ever made in recording; Cool Edit started dumping my tracks out of the mix for no apparent reason halfway through, so I almost had to start over. But I persevered, and the result will be posted here within the hour. I have to upload it to Rapidshare first.

Wish me luck~

P.S. When you say "all three," I assume you're talking about drums for A Lot Like Me and Hammerhead....but unless the third thing you mean is bass for Hammerhead, I have to say I'm just a teeny bit confused....0_0 I'll be working on ALLM tomorrow (I have to get it done tomorrow because Wednesday is band fuckaroo day), and it's HELLA easier than Hammerhead (I can tell that just by listening to it), so that one shouldn't take long. The piano part is one of the few piano parts in any song that I can actually play () so that shouldn't take me long, either.

So yeah, I'll be off doing that.

EDIT: Here's the stuff I made for Hammerhead:

Bass: http://rapidshare.com/files/14197238...bass_.mp3.html
    Drums: http://rapidshare.com/files/14197335...rums_.mp3.html

I had to save them in mp3 format because the wavs were 30+ MB apiece, and I have a 200MB/day cap for uploading/downloading stuff here. Sorry for the inconvenience -_-
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 09-01-2008 at 11:10 PM.

oh how i wish I wasnt on my psp so I could download these. maybe ill wake up early tomorrow and listen before school.

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Of course, when all the album is done, we will put all the songs together into "RAFRAG made by us" .

You might want to think about your "band's name" if a cover is made by few members, also we could think of a cool name for the whole album (Like "Various Artists - RAFRAG" only much cooler ).
    haha! I know this seems really stupid but i thought it really obvious that we should call ourselves "The Forums". That'd be a totally badass name for a band outside of the context, so why not?
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

This is a great idea.

Maybe i could help with some guitar parts, i really want to. I've got Cool Edit, so it won't be a problem to record. Then i can send it to someone, who would put all the parts (drums, bass, guitars, vocals) together.

edit: i have an idea for A Lot Like Me - the piano part would be played by guitar, so the cover version of the song would be a bit different. I might record it later today, if you are interested.

edit: here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/14211256...tor88.mp3.html
    It sounds a bit "grungier"
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-02-2008 at 11:23 AM.