Thread: Raid of I-Witness Meeting

Default Raid of I-Witness Meeting

I just watched this video of a police raid on a house where some members of "independent media" were having meeting. The cops surrounded the house and threatened to arrest anyone who came out while waiting for a warrant (which ended up having the wrong address, apparently). Both hilarious and terrifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi1eluuDGss
    omg sigged fuck you

That's actually quite depressing to watch. Is that legal to hold them under house arrest for no reason before getting a warrant?

I have no idea... I don't know a whole lot of background about the whole situation, but I would assume the police need some sort of order to place an entire residence under house arrest and detain anybody who exits. I would imagine it can't be completely illegal, because this will be looked over by many, many lawyers and they must have known that going in. It will be interesting to see an explanation for why they were allowed to do what they did. Hopefully this story doesn't disappear.

Fucking scary if cops can just trap you in your house for however long they feel like without any reason, and arrest you if you try to leave.
    omg sigged fuck you