Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music TV

Default Music TV

The other day I was eating lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and they play music videos around the restaurant. I saw MTV's first video "Video Killed the radio Star." It got me really reminicing on the days that I actually watched MTV. Doesn't anyone really watch that channel anymore? If I watch TV I tend to watch Fuse these days. Even though they are getting into the reality TV series themselves. I'm actually kinda excited (can't believe I just admitted that) about this new show that's starting on Fuse. It's called Rock Bottom.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF6VEwa9JR0

Lots of people watch MTV. It's one of the most popular channels on TV.

I like MTV more than Fuse, if only because Fuse tries so hard to pretend to be cutting edge.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    Lots of people watch MTV. It's one of the most popular channels on TV.

I like MTV more than Fuse, if only because Fuse tries so hard to pretend to be cutting edge.
    aye.

I would probably like Fuse more than MTV, except that Fuse spends all it's time pretending it's something it's not.

If I were five years younger and a whole lot dumber I would probably make the analogy that Fuse are the Posers of the TV world.

I liked fuse in the beginning because they played rock videos practically around the clock... it was great!
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I watch MTV a couple times a week, for my trash quota. Heh, I read in the paper (yes, the newspaper) they're actually actually canceling the one music show that's not on early in the morning, TRL. Of course, the world will be better off, but I wonder what they're going to do instead of it.

Question: Is IMF not a channel anymore, or is it just not in my cable package?
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

It will be another reality show with actors act and try to make it interesting.Like this guy who brakes his guitar.Whats that?Even if i where Deadly drunk i wouldn't broke my instrument.Its not the guitar's fold that this sonovabtc cant play guitar.
    So why he would broke his guitar?

a)For the Show
    b)Coz he is on TV
    c)Coz he is an a$$hole

I really don't like when the Media and TV mess with Rock & Punk stuff.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

(see: The Who)
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by ANDiTKO View Post
    It will be another reality show with actors act and try to make it interesting.Like this guy who brakes his guitar.Whats that?Even if i where Deadly drunk i wouldn't broke my instrument.Its not the guitar's fold that this sonovabtc cant play guitar.
    So why he would broke his guitar?

a)For the Show
    b)Coz he is on TV
    c)Coz he is an a$$hole

I really don't like when the Media and TV mess with Rock & Punk stuff.
    Yes! All of those shows seem to be introduced as "realistic" while they aren't even close to that. That Rock Bottom show is just another commercial project with pussy "rock artists" who will entertain public for some time with doing things that common people find rock-y (like smashing guitars), having difficulties at their relationships and will end up as a "talented new born rock band" with hundred producers adjusting everything they do. I don't even have to have Fuse TV to see the whole picture. Report me if I'll be wrong.

The only music TV I miss was viva zwei, German channel who introduced me The Offspring and pretty many other bands 10 years ago, it also had really NICE rock charts every Tuesday, lives and interviews and it wasn't rock-only, it was more like pop-less .

I don't watch any music TV now.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Rock music is so fucking boring.

Is that with or without all subgenres? Because I'm pretty sure like a good percentage of music out there can be considered rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.