Thread: Funk

Default Funk

Anyone got some good recommendations for some funky listening? I mean aside from the standard Earth Wind and Fire, The Meters, James Brown, etc.

Maybe something along these lines: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X81qq...eature=related

Some of this is more Disco than anything, but:

Digital Emotion, Planet Patrol, George Clinton, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Rick James, Cheryl Lynn, Donna Summer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Endymion View Post
    Well, those were certainly...interesting. Not my thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyNemesis View Post
    Some of this is more Disco than anything, but:

Digital Emotion, Planet Patrol, George Clinton, Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, Rick James, Cheryl Lynn, Donna Summer, etc.
    I'm familiar with most of them already, actually. I've never heard of Digital Emotion before, and that was definitely disco to the MAX! It made me want to go out and by parachute pants, gold medallions, and a fake afro.

The new TV on the Radio Album is half-full of funky/dancy stuff. I uploaded it in the music sharing thread and the "best of 2008" thread if you want to check it out.

Here's the video for Golden Age actually if you just want to check out one song first.
    Last edited by nieh; 10-01-2008 at 07:51 AM.

I've got to jump in here and say Jamiroquai. Bass-heavy funky dance from everyone's favourite car-loving ex-bum. Most notable songs are: Virtual Insanity, Canned Heat, Deeper Undergroud, Love Foolosophy.

That, or, y'know... Kool & The Gang

Level 42 have amazingly funky bass.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Funkadelic baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I've got to jump in here and say Jamiroquai. Bass-heavy funky dance from everyone's favourite car-loving ex-bum. Most notable songs are: Virtual Insanity, Canned Heat, Deeper Undergroud, Love Foolosophy.
    Oh, fuck yes! I had completely forgotten about Jamiroquai! I'll have to get back into him.

Nieh, I'll definitely check that out after I finish this lab report I'm working on.