Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 2244

Thread: last movie i saw

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    11,408


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoY View Post
    holy shit. you have, like, the exact opposite opinion of mine. I understand that if the old Bonds weren't to your liking, this one is, because this guy is absolutely nothing like the old Bonds.

    hey this is interesting! we couldnt share the same opinion forever right? that would be boring.
    hhum well, remember im not really into the other movies! so the "bond tradition" is not really what i am good at.
    but i do get your point, and it makes sense. you miss the old movies type, and i guess i just like this actor...i really don't know why but i do. and so this makes me go and watch his movies ya know, just like that! but it's not my fav movie, DAMN actually its too far away from that.

    wow by they way now i just recall that!! in the movie? that horse race? in italy?! do they (population) still spank the guy that finnishes in second place? i saw it at discovery LONG time ago, and i wonder if they keep doing it, maybe they do since its a tradition and stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northwest United States
    Posts
    4,069


    Default

    Quantum of Solace 7/10

    Good Bond flick. Could have used more plot, although I like how they closed off the revenge angle and opened up a new one based on the huge-we-are-everywhere-and-we-are-meanies-group. Daniel Craig did well, he's my favorite Bond after Connery, as did the Bond chick. This movie illustrated to the world my personal fear of hydrogen cars as well.


    Tropic Thunder 9/10
    Saw it again. Have to give it a great score again. Stupid in parts, yet so funny. Cruise's character is phenomenal.
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    3,758


    Default

    Ahh. I think I shouldn't watch Quantum of Solace after all. And yeah, Bond should be an elegant smooth mouthed lady-magnet that always has a plan we don't know about, not what the new Bond is. New 007 is just too modern, he should be more into retro (wtf with Bond's hair?), it's not Mission Impossible.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    3,463


    Default

    Last movie I saw was... well
    YOR - The Hunter From The Future (1983)

    this movie is so fucking hilarious... I just love it.
    Rating if you take that movie serious: -22352926/10
    Comedy rating: 10/10
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,


    The Ricetigers

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Ahh. I think I shouldn't watch Quantum of Solace after all. And yeah, Bond should be an elegant smooth mouthed lady-magnet that always has a plan we don't know about, not what the new Bond is. New 007 is just too modern, he should be more into retro (wtf with Bond's hair?), it's not Mission Impossible.
    you know what the problem is with us Bond-lovers? we know we're going to watch it anyway. I said I didn't want to see it & certainly wasn't going to watch this disgrace for history & mankind. first day I'm at my parents' & my dad suggests to go see it (ENORMOUS Bond-fans, my mom & dad), I went straight to the cinema with them anyway.

    I NEED to have seen every Bond-film. I NEED to be able to bitch, moan & rage about the damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    11,408


    Default

    did anyone here saw untraceable?
    would anyone recomend it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Offspring playing for Free? That would be awesome!
    The Portuguese Chapter:
    Site/Forum/Wiki: www.offspringportugal.com

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IamSam View Post
    Quantum of Solace 7/10

    Good Bond flick. Could have used more plot, although I like how they closed off the revenge angle and opened up a new one based on the huge-we-are-everywhere-and-we-are-meanies-group. Daniel Craig did well, he's my favorite Bond after Connery, as did the Bond chick. This movie illustrated to the world my personal fear of hydrogen cars as well.


    Tropic Thunder 9/10
    Saw it again. Have to give it a great score again. Stupid in parts, yet so funny. Cruise's character is phenomenal.
    ...

    do not, I repeat; DO NOT put Daniel Craig & Sean Connery in the same category.
    (sorry Daniel Craig, I'm sure you're an okay guy)

    how is it possible for you to like the fact James Bond has been turned into a soap opera? this is not the Matrix trilogy, an idea captured in three movies, this is James fucking Bond. thirty years from now, you still want the world to be as excited about this Bond-film, as we are about the old ones. so that thirty years from now, the world will still get excited over the newest Bond-film. because, after all, we wouldn't still be making Bond-films, if the old ones weren't so incredibly awesome. so if we fail to come up with a good Bond-film now, there won't be one in thirty years & I mean, hey..

    sequels get boring as the story's stretched into too many episodes for the storyline. any James Bond-movie should be one hell of a movie, on its own, every single time, period. it doesn't matter it's an old concept, because it's sentiment, it's tradition, it's a phenomenon, it's BOND. if it's not according to the old concept, it's not Bond, duh. it doesn't need to be modern, it needs to be timeless, so in 30 years, people are still going to enjoy it.

    Quantum of Solace.. is modern. congratulations James, on your update. not only do I hate the update even in these times (& I'm not the only one), I'm sure no one's going to remember this Bond-movie in ten years, let alone thirty.

    thank god there are plenty of good Bond-movies, so that one day in the (hopefully near) future, someone might grasp the concept again & make one hell of a Bond-film.<3 *tear*
    Last edited by JoY; 11-25-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,784


    Default

    The Bond update was necessary to avoid irrelevancy. The Brosnan Bonds were great, and miles ahead of those awful Roger "i'm a dirty old man" Moore years. Goldeneye and even Tomorrow Never Dies are amongst my favorite in the series; however by the end it was getting a little too ridiculous, i mean a fucking invisible car? What the fuck?

    Yes there are noticeable differences between the way Craig portrayed Bond and Connery, but there are differences between the way Moore and Brosnan did as well. The thing to remember is that Craig is playing a younger Bond then Connery/Brosnan, ect, so obviously he's not going to hold the same attitudes. I see this as forming the origins of Bond; as the Craig films advance i think we're going to see some significant character growth.

    I also can't wait for the next film, apparently it's going to wrap up the story line created by Quantum and Royal.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 11-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,135


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    The Bond update was necessary to avoid irrelevancy. The Brosonan Bonds were great, and miles ahead of those awful Roger "i'm a dirty old man" Moore years. Goldeneye and even Tomorrow Never Dies are amongst my favorite in the series; however by the end it was getting a little too ridiculous, i mean a fucking invisible car? What the fuck?

    Yes there are noticeable differences between the way Craig portrayed Bond and Connery, but there are differences between the way Moore and Brosnan did as well. The thing to remember is that Craig is playing a younger Bond then Connery/Brosnan, ect, so obviously he's not going to hold the same attitudes. I see this as forming the origins of Bond; as the Craig films advance i think we're going to see some significant character growth.

    I also can't wait for the next film, apparently it's going to wrap up the story line created by Quantum and Royal.

    MMM... Well... I like the Moore movies -except Moonraker- but seriously, the series was pushed too far with Die Another Day. I don't give a damn about the fucking invisible car, what make me say WTF was the polar surf shit... that was the low point.

    Quantum is a great movie, yes, it could be longer, but it was great as a movie, and as a Bond movie was beyond expectations for me.

    Sure, Connery was the best Bond yadiyadiyada... but Craig is James FUCKING Bond.
    Xbox live: Ninty Man UNAM

    About which women would you sleep with

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    So you're choosing pornstars because you assume they'll be the ones least repulsed by the thought of having sex with you?

    This is the only reason I can think of. Man it must suck to be a fjeldabe.

    Me? My answer is the virgin mary, preferably pre-birth although that would ruin the mythos.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    the Big Papple, Amsterdaamn.
    Posts
    16,379


    Default

    oh seriously, so they ARE going to pour it into a trilogy. *spontaniously dies*

    listen, it's fine to like the movie, alright? it's even okay to love it. but it's not a Bond movie, period.

    a Bond storyline has certain elements, always. like;
    - the secret agent-element; professional, smooth, knows what he wants (he does care if it's shaken or stirred, k?), knows how to get things, knows what he's doing, acts at a calm pace.
    - cool tricks from Q, or whoever he gets those from these days.
    - Bond being captured by the enemy, most often because a girl distracted him for a second.
    - the enemy has a sidekick with some kind of superhuman power. like the Chinese guy with the hat (& seemingly a chest of steel), or the guy with the iron teeth.
    - a girl that Bond gets/wants & dies.
    - the typical Bond-girl that Bond gets at the end of the movie.
    - there's only the hint & suggestion of the two screwing together. it's not actually shown, because that's vulgar & Bond is never vulgar. he has style & class. get my point? you don't see Bond having sex. besides, sex is not cool; sex is intimate & makes you vulnerable. you only see the seduction, because seducing a hot woman is very cool.

    I can deal with one or two of these elements being missing. to be honest, some are optional anyway. but not close to every. single. one of them. that's just tragic.
    Last edited by JoY; 11-25-2008 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Bryan_420 View Post
    TOUGH SHIT! YOU WANT TO BELIEVE,BUT CAN'T PROVE I'M A HOMO! BEIN' PURE DOESN'T PROVE I'M HOMOSEXUAL ASSHOLE!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •