Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25th anniversary tour?

Default 25th anniversary tour?

The Offspring should do a tour in 2009 to celebrate their 25th anniversary while they support Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. Does anyone agree?

I think it should be two separate tours. The RAFRAG tour to focus more on RAFRAG and new fans and to promote that album. Then the anniversary tour that encompasses all of their music and doesn't lean heavily towards any specific album or time period.

However, I might be biased because the Smashing Pumpkins structured their anniversary tour how I mentioned above. Last year, they toured for the new album and focused heavily on those songs. This year they are having a separate anniversary tour.

i guess it's all about the dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rag Doll View Post
    I think it should be two separate tours. The RAFRAG tour to focus more on RAFRAG and new fans and to promote that album. Then the anniversary tour that encompasses all of their music and doesn't lean heavily towards any specific album or time period.

However, I might be biased because the Smashing Pumpkins structured their anniversary tour how I mentioned above. Last year, they toured for the new album and focused heavily on those songs. This year they are having a separate anniversary tour.
    I got an idea, I don't think that'll actually happen, but I think The Offspring should do like a covers album and then do their 25th anniversary tour, just like Rush did back in 2004 when they celebrated the 30th anniversary of their first album.

They definitely need to do some ST & Ignition classics on this tour if they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    They definitely need to do some ST & Ignition classics on this tour if they have it.
    Agreed.

For self-titled, I'd suggest The Offspring playing "Jennifer Lost the War", "Elders", "Out on Patrol", "Crossroads", "Beheaded", "A Thousand Days", "Blackball" and "I'll Be Waiting". For Ignition, I'd suggest "Session", "Kick Him When He's Down", "Get It Right", "Dirty Magic", "Hypodermic", "L.A.P.D." and "Forever and a Day".

Quote Originally Posted by Alex101 View Post
    Agreed.

For self-titled, I'd suggest The Offspring playing "Jennifer Lost the War", "Elders", "Out on Patrol", "Crossroads", "Beheaded", "A Thousand Days", "Blackball" and "I'll Be Waiting". For Ignition, I'd suggest "Session", "Kick Him When He's Down", "Get It Right", "Dirty Magic", "Hypodermic", "L.A.P.D." and "Forever and a Day".

I love all of those songs....

Camilamazed Guest

I agree. A tour with songs from the very begining untill RFRG followed by a live DVD would be perfect.

=D

Sounds like a great idea.
    ::: DanceFuckerDance :::
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic View Post
    It's funny because Shank wants to be railed by Dexter.

hahaha. well, wasn't the offspring as we know them today not really around until like '86 or so?

somebody mentioned rush doing their 30th anniversary for their first album, so wouldn't it be more like their 20th for S/T?
    we can't help it that members of the female species brains suddenly dissappear when talking on the phone
    My Covers:
    Defy You
    Dirty Magic (acoustic)
    TKAA (acoustic cover)

Covers I helped with:
    RAFRAG

Video from The Offspring Live in Charlotte:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmakOxIcfM

Quote Originally Posted by lost_nvrfound View Post
    hahaha. well, wasn't the offspring as we know them today not really around until like '86 or so?

somebody mentioned rush doing their 30th anniversary for their first album, so wouldn't it be more like their 20th for S/T?
    Well, The Offspring's been around since 1984, that's why I posted this thread about a tour to celebrate their 25th year together.