Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Hybrid View

Default Second Official Greenday Thread

Talk about Greenday here.

My god you guys can talk about Greenday...over 2500 replies?

Anyways we had to close it because Greenday.com sent us a legal injunction forbidding us to use their trademark Greenday™. So we were forced to close the thread for fear of a lawsuit. (But we're tru-fuckin-punx so we're starting one again anyways!)

...Nah just joking, none of that's true. The thread size had grown too big for the server to handle easily so we're breaking down the largest threads into bite-sized server-chunks.
    Last edited by wheelchairman; 10-13-2008 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

So let's talk about that Youtube video from the original thread.

I really like it. Although I wasn't thinking I'd be excited for a new Green Day album, I really liked the vibe of that song a lot.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

LOL it's Green Day, not Greenday.

As I said before, that riff he was playing reminded me so much of classic Green Day. I'm glad they're staying that way, because although American Idiot was good, I was worried that they'd change direction to the point where it just wasn't Green Day anymore. That, and those hippie covers they did kinda got me worried.

But yea, this is gonna be the Green Day that Green Day fans all know and love, and knowing Green Day, it's probably gonna put a nice, surprising spin on things like American Idiot did!

Also, I said "Green Day" like about 6 times in this post not including the last one!

Well, I haven't listened to Green Day since "American Idiot" came out, because I absolutely despised that album, barring a few songs. But, if this new YouTube thing shows that they're going back to sound they originally became known for, I might be remotely interested again. Link please?
    Math is more than formulas or equations; it's logic, it's rationality, it's using your mind to solve the biggest mysteries we know.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I find that the stuff played in the clip has an almost Warning vibe about it. Now, Green Day is one of my favorite bands, but after listening to American Idiot literally everyday from Sept of 04 to Jan of 05, I got sick of them. Lately I’ve been breaking out their “middle albums”, ie Warning (their best work imo) and Nimrod, but I am now starting to get really excited for the new album. This video clip just adds to that anticipation, I hope they keep us updated.

I’m really curious to see how big of an impact that Butch Vig has on their sound.

Quote Originally Posted by EMehl6 View Post
    Link please?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yGoEG1Jn5s&fmt=18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I don't think that song sounds like "classic Green Day" the way everyone says it does. I think it sounds more like Warning than "classic Green Day". Which is ot a bad thing, as Warning is my favorite Green Day album, I just don't see where everyone is getting the "classic Green Day" vibe from it.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Warning (their best work imo)
    i've never been more on the same page with anyone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Default Green day... what else

Ok, so I'm new to this thread, but i needed someone's opinion about something.
    im an entertainment reporter for my schools newspaper and im writing an article about green day (Im a huge green day fan) soo im writing a pro green day article about them... anyone have any good ideas... my editor is anti green day grrrrr
    Last edited by fashionvictim91; 10-16-2008 at 05:23 PM.

you can discuss how they played a role in the "punk revival" or 1994.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

And probably once again in 2004 too. Brought some fresh blood too.

Lets hope they don't go back to old Green Day too much, because if I wanna hear that I could just play some older Green Day albums. They are one of the few (big) punk rock bands together with The Offspring that change to something new with every album, lets hope they continue with that and not just redo some old album like pennywise or bad religion do. That's not the Green Day I know.

Don't understand the American Idiot bashing either (sure I got tired of it a bit too, but that's because of overplaying it too, not because it sucks), reminds me way too much of the Americana bashing from 99 to 03. Ow noes a lot of people I don't like, like one of the bands I like!

But seeing as how Warning is loved nowadays, when it was bashed until a few years ago it'll probably change with American Idiot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    That, and those hippie covers they did kinda got me worried.
    That I will always fail to understand. How someone could think it's bad to record a song for a Lennon covers album for Amnesty International's Darfur campaign. Or your political leanings are conservative in which case you'd better stop, take some blablabla.
    Last edited by Jesus; 10-22-2008 at 02:28 AM.