Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

I think I will see them in Lisbon just to have the right to criticize them
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Fuck yeah! Green Day will come to Norway!! I am so there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Default k, i'm certain that no one will care about this but me.....

Ok, i'm not really angry at this (since i could just as easily go to the Ottawa show), i just find it incredibly perplexing. Part of the band's touring schedule goes like this

7/16 - Hamilton, ONT - Copps Coliseum
    7/17 - Ottawa, ONT - Scotiabank
    7/18 - Montreal, QUE - Bell Centre

They're literally driving through Toronto, skipping it, to go play Ottawa, It just doesn't make any goddamn sense. Maybe the band intends on playing a Toronto show before the North America Tour starts? Or maybe they just intend to play it on the second set of the North American tour, after they play Europe in the fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Could be that they have some pre tour show there (like they have 2 in Berlin now), or maybe it's for the second leg of the N-American tour.

Or maybe there wasn't any relevant venue free around that time. Or maybe they just don't like Toronto

Nice to see them playing the second biggest cities in both the Netherlands and Belgium though and not the biggest ones (Amsterdam and Brussels). Probably has to do with the capacity of the venues. For instance Brussels doesn't have a venue in the 15 000 to 20 000 capacity range. I'm not complaining though, since Antwerp is my home. But in distance it's quite weird since it's so close to the Dutch gig, it's only like an hour or so away.

Yeah, i think they're probably playing a 'pre tour' gig here. The did the same thing during the American Idiot cycle; i got to see them play a small club the week of its release, one of the best shows of my life.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Default Fuck, another post by jacknife in this thread?

There was a special radio interview with Green Day where they played a bunch of new songs. There will probably be higher quality rips tomorrow, and there will be a full album stream on the 8th, but here you go anyways; http://www.savefile.com/projects/808763059

Here are five of them: East Jesus Nowhere, 21 Guns, American Eulogy, Before the Lobotomy, and Restless Heart Syndrome. I also included a new B-Side, Hearts Collide. They also played the album version of the title track; noticeable differences from the leaked demo version are lyrically, the piano is gone, and a few guitar bits have been changed.

I'm not going to comment too much on the tracks, since i've really haven't had enough time to take them in properly. From first impressions, 21 Guns surprised me the most, especially the vocals. My favorite of the bunch was American Eulogy; it hit me like a punch to the jaw.

I do however, adore the b-side; it's nothing new, or groundbreaking. But it is a brilliant pop-song, with this almost 50s/60s vibe to hit, kind of like the Foxboro Hot Tubs.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I just saw the video for Know Your Enemy (yeah I know I'm late to the party but I had internets issues). It's pretty good. There's not much else I can say about it. But I am looking forward to the new album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    There was a special radio interview with Green Day where they played a bunch of new songs. There will probably be higher quality rips tomorrow, and there will be a full album stream on the 8th, but here you go anyways; http://www.savefile.com/projects/808763059

Here are five of them: East Jesus Nowhere, 21 Guns, American Eulogy, Before the Lobotomy, and Restless Heart Syndrome. I also included a new B-Side, Hearts Collide. They also played the album version of the title track; noticeable differences from the leaked demo version are lyrically, the piano is gone, and a few guitar bits have been changed.

I'm not going to comment too much on the tracks, since i've really haven't had enough time to take them in properly. From first impressions, 21 Guns surprised me the most, especially the vocals. My favorite of the bunch was American Eulogy; it hit me like a punch to the jaw.

I do however, adore the b-side; it's nothing new, or groundbreaking. But it is a brilliant pop-song, with this almost 50s/60s vibe to hit, kind of like the Foxboro Hot Tubs.
    Thank you Jacknife! I was looking for "Hearts Collide" the other day, but had no luck. Either Warner is cracking down hard on the torrents or people just aren't interested in these cause I couldn't find any torrent in both mininova or pirate bay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart

Ok, i'm not really angry at this (since i could just as easily go to the Ottawa show), i just find it incredibly perplexing. Part of the band's touring schedule goes like this

7/16 - Hamilton, ONT - Copps Coliseum
    7/17 - Ottawa, ONT - Scotiabank
    7/18 - Montreal, QUE - Bell Centre

They're literally driving through Toronto, skipping it, to go play Ottawa, It just doesn't make any goddamn sense. Maybe the band intends on playing a Toronto show before the North America Tour starts? Or maybe they just intend to play it on the second set of the North American tour, after they play Europe in the fall.
    I fucking love it since hardly anyone ever comes to play here since Toronto is 5 times the size and only about 45 minutes away. I'm just speculating but I'm guessing the band got a sweeter deal from Copps than what they would have had with the ACC. Any idea when these shows go on sale?

Thanks! Couldn't find the full version of Hearts Collide. greendayauthority.com also has the songs online (including 21st Century Breakdown title track) apart from Hearts Collide.

Don't have much time to listen to them right now, but indeed American Eulogy sounds awesome. Immediately had that need to listen to it again feeling after hearing it (kinda like with the KROQ live performance of YGGFK). First part sounds like classic green day adapted to the 21st century, and the second part sounds like Ramones Green Day this = win^infinity.
    Last edited by Jesus; 05-05-2009 at 02:43 AM.