Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Dude's got some issues to work out. He sounds like a total prick in that video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Thing is, he's sounded like a douche for the better part of the last decade. Also, I have less sympathy for rich celebrities with drug addictions than I do for average joes with drug addictions. He has all the money and resources in the world; there's very little excuse to be on shit like that. Not that I'm entirely without sympathy, though... must be pretty fucked up to get to that point in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    must be pretty fucked up to get to that point in the first place.
    Or business-minded Be it as it may - too bad for the guitar.

when i saw the campaign they played 99 Revolutions at the end it actually sounded pretty good

I ordered the special edition box, which you had to preorder. It said you would get in on your door on the release date, which was on Monday, but I didn't get it until Thursday. So I have just listened to it. I got the downloadable album a long time ago, but I prefer to listen to a new album with the artwork/booklet in hand and really use my time. First impression is very important.

This is a different Green Day album. The first thing I noticed that there is no 21 Guns or BOBD here. Nor is there any fast songs, except maybe Let Yourself Go. The whole album is very mid-tempo.

Some songs I can hear try to sound like pre-Warning, but others do not sound like they would fit in any era. I don't mind. Green Day is one of the few bands which I don't have a problem with them changing their sound. This time they have a slight '60s garage rock to it. It's like they couldn't decide on whether to make a Green Day album or a Foxboro Hot Tubs album.

I noticed the "simple" or "small" sound of the guitar on Nuclear Family. I thought it fitted that song, but when it is on the whole album, it gets annoying. Green Day has from the start (at least since Kerplunk!) had a very powerful guitar which is straight-into-your-ear. Now it is far away, and small. It makes the songs stand out much less.

The two songs I instantly can say I like are Kill the DJ and Let Yourself Go, the latter being a nice, fast Green Day rock song. I know many of you don't like Kill the DJ, but I love it. It is one of the most un-Green Day songs I have ever heard. It is very catchy. It has a lot of energy. It is easy to sing along. I have a feeling that the ones on this BBS who don't like OC Guns don't like Kill the DJ either. I wonder why people don't like this song. Also, the music video is very un-Green Day-ish (which is fitting).

Oh Love has grown on me. It is a song that is okay to have in the background. I can sing along to it.

By the way, what's with the excessive use of "fuck" on this album?

The start of Angel Blue reminds me of the start of I Fought The Law.
    Straight before the chorus on Carpe Diem, I could swear they are singing Suffocate.
    Every time they start on Let Yourself Go, I start to sing on Maria. The intros of both those songs are completely the same!
    The verses on Fell for You sounds just like Hearts Collide (which is a great song and it reminds me now that it would fit perfectly on this album)
    The verses on Rusty James sound just like Scattered!

Also, this
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Alright, curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded it. Rageandlov's review got me interested - it sounds like it should be better than the last two albums.

I'll just say that I like OC Guns, but I don't like Kill the DJ. They're totally different songs, man. OC Guns has a great sound to it... the only part of the song I'm not huge on is Dexter's voice in the context. Kill the DJ, on the other hand, is just kind of boring. I don't hate the song (it's much better than Oh Love, for example), and I like the experimentation. But I just find the song fairly boring - it doesn't grab me at all. The chorus kind of annoys me, too. But the song could grow on me if I end up listening to this album enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Alright, curiosity got the best of me and I downloaded it. Rageandlov's review got me interested - it sounds like it should be better than the last two albums.

I'll just say that I like OC Guns, but I don't like Kill the DJ. They're totally different songs, man. OC Guns has a great sound to it... the only part of the song I'm not huge on is Dexter's voice in the context. Kill the DJ, on the other hand, is just kind of boring. I don't hate the song (it's much better than Oh Love, for example), and I like the experimentation. But I just find the song fairly boring - it doesn't grab me at all. The chorus kind of annoys me, too. But the song could grow on me if I end up listening to this album enough.
    Oh don't get me wrong. OC Guns and Kill the DJ are two completely different songs and sound nothing like each other. It's just that there are people who can't appreciate when their band strays off a bit from their signature sound, and can't accept that it is a good song BECAUSE it is their band with that specific signature sound that made it. OC Guns doesn't sound like Offspring, Kill the DJ doesn't sound like Green Day, but I (and many others) am capable of seeing past that and recognise the songs as great songs. Of course, you can straight out dislike the song because you find it to be bad regardless of who would've released it. But dislike it for the song itself, not because who is making the song.

Kill the DJ gives me the same sort of dance music feel like Against Me!'s Stop!. The high hats, the very catchy chorus, the mid-tempo. It's nice. I like the bridge - it gives me a The Clash feeling. I can see how people find it boring though, as it is too slow for some. But SOMEONE KILL THE DJ, SHOOT THE FUCKING DJ is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

i don't like either of them

It's almost surreal, how much hate there was for these albums and this band just a month or so ago. Now, all of a sudden it seems like everyone's warming up to them. Interesting~
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

stolen from facebook