Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I don't really care about green day at all im just trying to get this thread to 2000 post so it gets closed
    Good luck with that

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    Good luck with that
    thank you

I disliked Uno! and really dislike Dos! and all my friends say that Uno! was waaay better than Dos! but I don't care since from all the songs on the two albums I only kind of like 3 or 4 songs..

There are some really great songs on Dos: Ashley, Wild One, and in particular Lazy Bones (could end up being one of my favorite songs from the band): and some garbage - the stuff that sounds like Foxboro Hot Tubs (who were incredibly boring) are just well, bland and forgettable: and Nightlife managed to top anything from the past two albums in terms of being "the worst song the band has written. I'm also surprised at how much i enjoyed "Amy" - didn't think i'd be too into it based on some of the early live versions and of course what i know about the subject matter.

My initial prediction about the Trio of albums seems to be coming true (some gold, with lots of filler and some utter shit): i'm going to have a fun time after Tre comes out editing them down into a single tracklisting of good songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

The biggest Rock Band in the world ... lol

Just because it made me laugh and to lend cool 2 hate a hand 645

Album trailers are pretty cheesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Okay, my thoughts on Dos!

It starts out okay with the little intro, but then the extremely cheesy Fuck Time comes, and I think it sounds like it has a very poor sound quality. I know it doesn't, but they make it sounds like it has. Fuck Time was disappointing, and I doubt it encourages anyone to fuck.

A lot of the songs here are okay, not good, not bad. This is the problem with Uno! as well. Songs like Stop when the Red Lights Flash, Wild One, Baby Eyes, Wow! That's Loud are mediocre. Wild One really gives me the same feel like Oh Love - slow and doesn't go anywhere. They definitely have the FBHT sound all around this record, and I don't necessarily wish for that. The Network was better than FBHT anyways. Same simple riffs repeating over and over all throughout the song.

Green Day did hit the nail at least three times on this record though. Lazy Bones and Ashley are two of the best songs the band has ever written. I feel like Lazy Bones has a distinct Green Day sound, but I am not sure from what era. But I really like it. It is mid-tempo and the vocals are slow, but the song never gets boring. It is very addictive. Ashley is the fastest song on this record and is catchy as fuck. It reminds me a bit like Favourite Son, one of my fav GD songs. I actually think Ashley is one of Billie Joe's ex-girlfriends. It makes sense if you read the lyrics. BJ used to do speed all the time when he was young, but Ashley has apparently went on to meth, and BJ has simply grown from her. I think Ashley is the best song on the record, I really like it.
    The third "nail" is Amy. I really love the simplicity and sincerity of it. Green Day has very few songs that aren't full band songs. When I listened to the song for the first time I was hoping to myself "please don't go into a full band and ruin this song, it is perfect as it is". I love how it is just BJ and his guitar, and that the guitar is electric and not acoustic. Perfect end to the album.

Makeout Party is one of the better songs on the album. It is not a bad song, but it has too much of a FBHT vibe for me. What saves this song is the break down at the end of the song. Lady Cobra is a nice song I guess. Short and straight forward. It reminds me of '77 punk.

Now the two weird songs. The first one is the single, Stray Heart. Listen to it, it sounds like a fucking Christmas song! The same tempo, the same bass. This really is apparent in the chorus. Classic and typical Christmas song. I can hear it already in the background in some Christmas romantic comedy film, like Love Actually. It is not a bad song, but it is a fucking Christmas song! Gah!
    The next one is of course Nightlife. It starts off pretty decently. I like the effects on BJs voice and mid-tempo groove. But then the female vocals... When I wrote my comments on Uno! I said that Kill the DJ is the most un-Green Day song in existence, but that was until now. Whenever has a woman sung on Green Day's songs, except for the intro on Letterbomb? And listen to the fake drums all over this song. It is awful. Did Tré really agree to this? This had a potential to be a decent song, but they fucked it up.

All summed up, this album had a more variety than Uno!. We got slow, mid-tempo and fast songs here, with different effects and even vocals. It has a very big FBHT vibe to it, and I don't think I like that. I think I would say that Uno! is a tad bit better than this, but I, like probably everyone else except the band itself, think they would be better off to make one great album than three okay ones.

It's not bad. Has some mediocre filler of course, but the three standout songs for me (which are placed in the middle of the album and flow greatly into each other) are Stray Heart, Ashley and Baby Eyes. This is the catchy, punk-rock GD that I like. Why the fuck does Stray Heart sound like a Christmas song? Never occured to me. Lazy Bones has a great vibe and atmosphere to it too. I don't mind listening to the other songs although they're mostly kind of bland. Nightlife is this record's Cruising California imho, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Why the fuck does Stray Heart sound like a Christmas song? Never occured to me.
    You don't hear the similarity to popular Christmas songs? Take All I Want for Christmas Is You (check from 0:56) for instance. It's basically the same.

Red face Green Day - Let Yourself Go

Shut your mouth 'cause you're talking too much
    And I don't give a fuck anyway
    You always seem to be stepping in shit
    And all you really do is complain

Hitch a ride, tell 'em all you like
    Small minds tend to think a like
    Shut your mouth 'cause you're talking too much
    And I don't give a fuck anyway

Let yourself go (x12)
    Gotta let me go, gotta let it go (x2)

Cut the crap 'cause you're screaming in my ear