Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Anyone heard ¡Tré! ?

I think it's the best of the trilogy, X-Kid, Sex, Drugs & Violence, Little Noy Named Train, Walk Away, 99 Revolutions, 8th Avenue Serenade, Missing You all great songs, plus they have the best of all the songs in all the Albums, some might say the new Jesus of Suburbia " Dirty Rotten Bastards ", man am into that song a lot xD

Dirty Rotten Bastards and 99 Revolutions are two of the stronger songs from the trio (even though the lyrics on the latter aren't that great).

They should have put out a 12-15 song album and just cut out the filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Wow, they really released these three albums quickly. For the people who've listened to all three, do you have a favorite? I've only listened to Uno.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Listening to Dos now. I might make a full review later, maybe of all three albums. But let me just say, Nightlife is AWFUL. This has got to be the worst song they've ever made. Holy shit. The vocals are awful, the music is boring and uninspired, and the girl talking is just awkward and ridiculous. Fuck Time is really bad, too. But Stray Heart, Ashley, and Lazy Bones are really good.
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

My thoughts on iTre!

Before I heard this album I saw around the internet and in reviews that this was supposed to be the best record in the trilogy. I was disappointed when I heard the album. It is the worst of the three I think. Like all the two others, most of the songs are bland and okay songs, but nothing special or noteworthy. Here and there you will find some gold however. This album sounds however the most like old Green Day (From Dookie to Warning) of the three, but the songs are not in a high quality. This record has a few weird songs, and not weird in a good way, but plain weird. Like Brutal Love and 8th Avenue Seranade

They still use the skimpy guitar sound that was in Uno and Dos, and it makes sense as all the songs were made in one period of recording sessions. Still, I wish they would have used the more powerful guitar sound that was in American Idiot, not the garage-rock feeling I get from this guitar sound. They also have a slight echo effect on all vocals in every song. That amps up the garage-rock feeling, and I am getting fairly tired of it. Three albums of skimpy guitars and echo effects!

The first song, Brutal Love, is exactly like an Elvis song. If you just change Billie's voice with the one of Elvis', you would have a fucking Elvis song! It is a bit interesting that they use a lot of trumpets and it has a nice touch, but with the female background choring, it is just an Elvis song.

They have a lot of old-sounding Green Day songs on this record:
    Missing You is a plain pop-punk song you could find somewhere between Dookie and Nimrod. I'm sure fans of the old Green Day who hate AI would like this song. To me it is generic and boring. Same goes for X-Kid. I think that would fit perfectly on Nimrod. But fuck it is boring!
    Sex Drugs and Rock'n'Roll. Finally a good song in old Green Day-esque spirit. It is fun, quick and catchy. A bit dumb chorus lyrically-wise, but I like the song. One of the best on the record.
    A Little Boy Named Train is boring however. It follows the old structure of classic Green Day songs, but it is very uninspiring. A lot of palm-muted power-chords here for the lovers of teenage pop rock.

8th Avenue Serenade is weird, and not a Green Day song. I don't know what it sounds like. '80s pop song? I have no idea actually. I feel it only sticks out because it is very weird.

The first somewhat good song on this album is Drama Queen. Although it has one of the most unoriginal drums and chords and overall structure, it is a nice and slow song. I like that they used an acoustic guitar in this one.

Amanda and Walk Away. Nothing special, let's go on. Let's walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away walk away

And then, the best song on the album: Dirty Rotten Bastards! My favourite Green Day song of all time is Jesus of Suburbia. I really like their multipart songs like this one, JoS and Homecoming. I like how DRB starts at one point, and ends at the very same point. It is a fast and energetic song, and could easily have been placed in AI. When the "California's burning to the ground" comes I get goosebumps.
    By the way, does anyone know what song they are sampling at the start of this song? It is a very famous marching song or something like that. I wonder why they chose to sample that.

99 Revolutions. It is okay, one of the better songs, but nothing really special. One of the few songs of the whole trilogy with deeper lyrics than simple love songs. It actually has a meaning. With a name of 99 Revolutions, I had hopes of it being more aggressive. I feel this song has a place in Nimrod or among the Nimrod B-sides on Shenanigans. It's an okay song.

The Forgotten. The verses sounds like the music you find at the sad part in every Disney cartoon film ever. Like after the main character is facing troubles or have been left alone by his friends. Imagine Simba in The Lion King after the female lion is angry with him and he goes around and is bummed out.
    The chorus however I really like. It is actually fairly good, and I think it is a good way to end an album. We have not seen many ballads in the trilogy, but they did well with this one. Unlike 21CB where they flooded the album with boring ballads.

This ended up as song-for-song review, and I didn't intend it to be like that. I guess this album doesn't have a the same coercive feeling like Uno and Dos had. It almost seems like they had an idea with Uno and Dos, and Tre ended up with being the place they threw the songs that didn't fit into Uno and Dos. Tre overall is very boring, with a few exceptions. Like I (and everyone else except the band itself) predicted, they could have made one fantastic album instead of three mediocre ones. I will later make a list of what that one album would look to me ideally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    But Stray Heart, Ashley, and Lazy Bones are really good.
    You like Christmas songs?

For me, X-Kid is the best song off the whole trilogy. Finally a strong song with a great melody.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    For me, X-Kid is the best song off the whole trilogy. Finally a strong song with a great melody.
    I find it so boring and uninspiring.

So a bit of time has now passed since their release. There are still definitely some good tracks on these records - i'm still a particularly big fan of Nuclear Family, Lazy Bones and Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Though i still find that i'm not really listening to the records or even my favorite tracks all that much. Perhaps i'm just finished with the band as far as new material is concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Green Day's let yourself go is catchy and fun. It relates to my relationship with my relatives. They think I'm Satanic