Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Warning is probably my favorite as well. Then either Insomniac or Dookie, I don't really know.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I gave the recent three-album set a listen, and was just kinda bored. They weren't as bad as the 21st Century shit, but I had no desire to listen again.
    I tried to listen to 21st Century Breakdown when it came out in 2009 and I couldn't finish it. I didn't bother trying to listen to the last 3 albums

On a side note I saw Billie Joe's sons band Emily's Army open up for The Aquabats back in December and I thought they were pretty good

Dookie and Warning are definitely the "classics", not just the most popular but probably I guess the most solid songwriting they've done. A lot of people would say American Idiot too, but sane people would say they can go blow a goat.

Love the first two discs for some reason though, probably more nostalgia than them actually being their better albums, but there's something I really enjoy about their earlier more raw stuff.

I definitely have a soft spot for Insomniac & Nimrod too, though, haven't listened to them in forever but I kinda appreciated they didn't just repeat Dookie. Some pretty balls-out rock stuff on those.

1 members appreciate this post.

In the long run, American Idiot is pretty much their best album. The amount of risks they took on that is crazy. It was huge for fucking years. Definitely not my favorite, but after having three huge singles and then another really big single that was 9 fucking minutes there's something to that.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

For me, I'll say my favorite album was Insomniac. Pretty much the same energy as Dookie, but darker. Green Day just seemed pissed off during this time period, but they made some awesome songs.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

I think Dookie is their best album

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    For me, I'll say my favorite album was Insomniac. Pretty much the same energy as Dookie, but darker. Green Day just seemed pissed off during this time period, but they made some awesome songs.
    If I remember well enough from the official biography, they were doing a lotta speed during the writing of Insomniac.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Pretty much the song Geek Stink Breath in a nutshell
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    In the long run, American Idiot is pretty much their best album. The amount of risks they took on that is crazy. It was huge for fucking years. Definitely not my favorite, but after having three huge singles and then another really big single that was 9 fucking minutes there's something to that.
    Best, or most popular? I mean, I get that it's the most out-of-the-box thing the band had done up until that point, but it's not like they're the first big mainstream band to do a concept album. And despite hating the album, I can see how it has some pretty seriously good memorable tunes on it. I dunno, I'm just not so sure you can say it's better songwriting than the two memorable discs (Dookie and Warning) that came before, it's just more ambitious in the sense of the rock opera thing.