Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

I gotta say, after first listen, I really like this album and along with Coaster by NOFX it might be the best thing released this year so far. ¡Viva la Gloria! and Murder City are instant favorites. ¿Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl) sounds like something that could have been on Warning. Ironically, the most boring song off the album is the first single. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Today came my ticket for the Green Day show in Norway in my mail box
    They're coming to us this summer? Hm, nice. Never really cared about Green Day, but concerts could be cool. But the show's sold out, maybe?

And DAMN!! I saw that Social Distortion's gonna come to Norway this year, but you must be f**ing 18 years to come in.
    Ståle / Norway / (time to get back)
    joined 03-29-2008 with the account manic subsida.

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    This isn't punk-rock. Not that I hate it, but this band isn't on Punk-Rock genre nowadays.

I can't say if I hate it or if I am positively surprised... It's an odd sonority.

But one thing I know is that production and so is very good. Learn with them, Dexter.

EDIT: I'm embarred to say but I like the concept of this album. RAFRAG(as an album) looks like a joke compared to this album. It seems like a rock Musical.
    Delete the edit, before it became something you'll regret about! ;]
    RAFRAG has a very strong concept without using any additional tricks like half of songs sounding 60's-inspired and 3/4 of the album have a somewhat rock-opera vibe (you gotta agree that those two are huge part of 21cbd-concept).

I've reached 21 Guns, and I smell the hit, the next boulevard+september ends is right here (though I think the chorus should've continued the melancholic mood of the verses if you know what I mean).

I so agree that the first single is the most boring song, haha.

There was a daughter-song of Misery(edit here) - Peacemaker, I liked the wicked diabolic sound of Christian's Inferno, East Jesus has SIMU-vibe, an instant favorite was Restless Heart Syndrome (I can't remember it at all tho, I need to listen again to remember %)).
    Overall, it's an American Idiot-jr. It has some old-sounding songs and some new experiments, but they are in absolute minority.
    Last edited by Free?; 05-08-2009 at 08:18 AM.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Delete the edit, before it became something you'll regret about! ;]
    RAFRAG has a very strong concept without using any additional tricks like half of songs sounding 60's-inspired and 3/4 of the album have a somewhat rock-opera vibe (you gotta agree that those two are huge part of 21cbd-concept).

I've reached 21 Guns, and I smell the hit, the next boulevard+september ends is right here (though I think the chorus should've continued the melancholic mood of the verses if you know what I mean).

I so agree that the first single is the most boring song, haha.

There was a daughter-song of Misery(edit here) - Peacemaker, I liked the wicked diabolic sound of Christian's Inferno, East Jesus has SIMU-vibe, an instant favorite was Restless Heart Syndrome (I can't remember it at all tho, I need to listen again to remember %)).
    Overall, it's an American Idiot-jr. It has some old-sounding songs and some new experiments, but they are in absolute minority.
    Sadly It's true. Green Day are much more ambitious than The Offspring. We all love the cooler apathy and fuckthepress acting by our precious band, but they loose doing that.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    Sadly It's true. Green Day are much more ambitious than The Offspring. We all love the cooler apathy and fuckthepress acting by our precious band, but they loose doing that.
    How band presents itself to public has little to do with album concept :P.
    RAFRAG's concept just doesn't scream out loud to be noticed.

RonWelty, you always put things that way like there has always been some "contest" or "war" between the two bands. There is no such thing imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    RonWelty, you always put things that way like there has always been some "contest" or "war" between the two bands. There is no such thing imho.
    well, imho that's what I believe to be true.

Ron's right (as usual). Green Day have been more ambitious in their previous efforts than The Offspring (Warning Vs. CO1, AI VS. Splinter)...but The Offspring are way better still
    Although Green Day didn't really innovate a lot on the new record which is a little AI pt.2 (http://www.wmuk-apache.co.uk/greenday/player.swf).
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.

Somebody please tell me what song "Restless Heart Syndrome" so fucking much reminds me of. It's killing me. Probably something from Muse, maybe not, gaaah!

EDIT: I think I got it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYyvm...eature=related

On the side note: it looks like it's my album's favorite, though I already hate the few seconds of piano intro!
    Last edited by Free?; 05-08-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Somebody please tell me what song "Restless Heart Syndrome" so fucking much reminds me of. It's killing me. Probably something from Muse, maybe not, gaaah!

On the side note: it looks like it's my album's favorite, though I already hate the few seconds of piano intro!
    I noticed the same. There is even some tune that reminds me of SIMU. It seems to me that they tried to shoot in every direction of rock: hard-rock, rock, arena rock, american rock, arabic acoustic rock, acoustic rock, pop-rock, punk-rock. You can see something from all these(and some others) genres in this new album.

That and PEACEMAKER are mine album's favourites. I don't like their punk/rock songs.
    Last edited by RonWelty; 05-08-2009 at 09:40 AM.