Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    Ron's right (as usual). Green Day have been more ambitious in their previous efforts than The Offspring (Warning Vs. CO1, AI VS. Splinter)...but The Offspring are way better still
    Although Green Day didn't really innovate a lot on the new record which is a little AI pt.2 (http://www.wmuk-apache.co.uk/greenday/player.swf).
    it's like American idiot but it's even less a punk-rock band. It will be adapted to Broadway musical, no doubt. It has the perfect structure, much better than AI's. But I don't know how will they play some of this album songs live without losing the comprehensive engagement given by the album version.

What I think really stands out from this album is how clearer and alive the sound seems, not that zombie's sound from Splinter and RAFRAG. Kudos mr. producer!
    Last edited by RonWelty; 05-08-2009 at 08:46 AM.
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

It seems that you'll never stop to surprise me, RW. Zombie's sound of RAFRAG? SIMU-vibe in Restless Heart Syndrome? And most of all how you unexpectedly paying Green Day some respect after criticizing it so much.

21cbd is too motherfucking epic, that's what I don't like about it. Also it seems to become boring and repetitive closer to the end with 18 songs that have lots in common with AI.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    It seems that you'll never stop to surprise me, RW. Zombie's sound of RAFRAG? SIMU-vibe in Restless Heart Syndrome? And most of all how you unexpectedly paying Green Day some respect after criticizing it so much.

21cbd is too motherfucking epic, that's what I don't like about it. Also it seems to become boring and repetitive closer to the end with 18 songs that have lots in common with AI.
    a) I said that there was a tune that has the same vibe, not that one.
    b) I hate the band as persons. I hate GD's work in general. But they were ambitious with this album and it feel like it's a masterpiece. Not that I like it a lot, but I have to recognize some value.
    c) Studio's sound of Offspring in the past years suck. It seems too much overproduced in the worst way, like they tried to compress all the sound, don't know how to express this feeling well.
    d) I am still an Offspring soldier. But I'm not dumb or blind or have hearing problems.

Downloaded the album just for the sake of hearing it.

Do not like. Seriously, like Free? said, it's waaaay too fucking epic. Or at least they try too hard to sound epic. It doesn't work, at least for me.

I like epic sounding songs (Half-Truism), but this... The fact that people are rather buying albums like this than albums like RAFRAG makes me sad.

I'm sorry if i offended anybody with this post, but this is just what i think. Everybody has his own taste for music, but i still don't see what's so special about Green Day.

Ron, I kinda see all your points, I don't agree with some of them, but yeah, it's clearer now.

Another thing about 21cbd. I find myself already skipping songs. Okay, some of us might have skipped Kristy and Fix You on RAFRAG sometimes, but to me once any RAFRAG song starts off, it hooks me up, I don't feel any discomfort. I can even say the same (relatively) about American Idiot. But not about 21cbd. The sound is too repetitive.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Ron, I kinda see all your points, I don't agree with some of them, but yeah, it's clearer now.

Another thing about 21cbd. I find myself already skipping songs. Okay, some of us might have skipped Kristy and Fix You on RAFRAG sometimes, but to me once any RAFRAG song starts off, it hooks me up, I don't feel any discomfort. I can even say the same (relatively) about American Idiot. But not about 21cbd. The sound is too repetitive.
    well, you got my point! I skip most of the songs. What I said before is that the concept of the album, the drive that led to the album, the recording quality and artistic direction is much better than RAFRAG's: But hey?! It's green day we're talking here. They just try to be bigger than they are. They don't have enough talent for that.
    Nobody will fuck Dexter Holland's genious skill of rip off every band in the world making the song even better.

I like the second Act of the album the most. It would have been cool if it continued on to the last Act. But still a solid release. I do like AI better, but 21CB is pretty damn snazzy, and I'm cool with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart

Default oh lawdy

Well, i could have listened to this last night, but my internet was being really, really shitty.

Can't judge this too much, since i've only had a couple listens to it so far; but it's pretty damn good.

The big songs for me right now, are Peacemaker (love the lyrics for this one), Last Night on Earth, American Eulogy, Static Age, Christians Inferno and Murder City.

Christian's Inferno turned out a lot differently then i would have thought, based off the live versions that I had heard before. The verses sound like something that could have been on the Network's album, but it's really, really cool. American Eulogy and Murder City are straight up punx uppage, and that's great.

My only complaint so far, is that it's too long. A lot of my favorite albums clock in at just over 30min, but there really isn't a song on this album that I actively dislike.

If i had to compare it to any of the band's past work, i'd say it would be the bastard child of Warning and American Idiot. Anyways, i'll give it a couple more listens, and see if i have anything else to say.

Oh, and cheers for posting the mininova link, Free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I'm not gonna lie. I'm slightly impressed that I like it.

And was that link a good rip of a CD or the live feed? If it was a CD rip can someone upload it elsewhere? The link is down and I don't have torrent access...
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Just thought of this: 21 Guns = If youre gooing to Saan Fraanciscoo...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.