Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Second video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY4J-.../article/30861

Not quite as interesting as the first, it's mostly just "behind the scenes" footage, and no cool riffs this time. Although I must say, the "drum bit" sounds like it would sound really cool in a song.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Default Green day... what else

Ok, so I'm new to this thread, but i needed someone's opinion about something.
    im an entertainment reporter for my schools newspaper and im writing an article about green day (Im a huge green day fan) soo im writing a pro green day article about them... anyone have any good ideas... my editor is anti green day grrrrr
    Last edited by fashionvictim91; 10-16-2008 at 05:23 PM.

you can discuss how they played a role in the "punk revival" or 1994.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

And probably once again in 2004 too. Brought some fresh blood too.

Lets hope they don't go back to old Green Day too much, because if I wanna hear that I could just play some older Green Day albums. They are one of the few (big) punk rock bands together with The Offspring that change to something new with every album, lets hope they continue with that and not just redo some old album like pennywise or bad religion do. That's not the Green Day I know.

Don't understand the American Idiot bashing either (sure I got tired of it a bit too, but that's because of overplaying it too, not because it sucks), reminds me way too much of the Americana bashing from 99 to 03. Ow noes a lot of people I don't like, like one of the bands I like!

But seeing as how Warning is loved nowadays, when it was bashed until a few years ago it'll probably change with American Idiot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    That, and those hippie covers they did kinda got me worried.
    That I will always fail to understand. How someone could think it's bad to record a song for a Lennon covers album for Amnesty International's Darfur campaign. Or your political leanings are conservative in which case you'd better stop, take some blablabla.
    Last edited by Jesus; 10-22-2008 at 02:28 AM.

I can't imagine Green Day coming back to their old sound. They never did actually and they never will.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

Quote Originally Posted by fashionvictim91 View Post
    anyone have any good ideas
    don't write about them it's a waste of time and paper

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    Don't understand the American Idiot bashing either (sure I got tired of it a bit too, but that's because of overplaying it too, not because it sucks), reminds me way too much of the Americana bashing from 99 to 03. Ow noes a lot of people I don't like, like one of the bands I like!

But seeing as how Warning is loved nowadays, when it was bashed until a few years ago it'll probably change with American Idiot too.
    Completely agree. It's a solid album front too back. The reason i feel lots of people hate it is due to over-exposure. I probably listened to the album literally every day from Sept 04-January 05, then i could even look at a picture of the band, i was just too sick of them. Although i don't quite love the album as much as I did between Oct-Dec 2004, i still think it's a great album, and that if it ended up being a flop-sales wise, a lot of people would be hailing the album as some of their best work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    That I will always fail to understand. How someone could think it's bad to record a song for a Lennon covers album for Amnesty International's Darfur campaign. Or your political leanings are conservative in which case you'd better stop, take some blablabla.
    Although i agree it's a good cause, and i'm glad they did it. I still really dislike that song, although to be fair, i hated the original. I also really hate that cover they did with U2, but again, i also hate U2.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    a lot of people would be hailing the album as some of their best work.
    Albums that had the biggest commercial success always will be "band's best works".

Although i agree it's a good cause, and i'm glad they did it. I still really dislike that song, although to be fair, i hated the original. I also really hate that cover they did with U2, but again, i also hate U2.
    Oh yeah, The Saints Are Coming makes me sick, ways too boring, repetitive and I just hate that chorus, it's so below even an amateurish level.

Quote Originally Posted by Free? View Post
    Albums that had the biggest commercial success always will be "band's best works".
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean as a general consensus amongst fans, or critically? It's not that i necessarily disagree, its just that i find a lot of Green Day fans have this hatred for American Idiot that i feel is undeserved.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Do you mean as a general consensus amongst fans, or critically? It's not that i necessarily disagree, its just that i find a lot of Green Day fans have this hatred for American Idiot that i feel is undeserved.
    Oh, sorry for a late reply, what I meant was that after 10 or 20 years everybody will remember Dookie and American Idiot as Green Day's bests, partially because with huge commercial success band gains a lot of new fans who will remember that album as special "first love". Also, most of informative sources will say that Dookie and American Idiot were the most important of GD works. You want it or not, but it has a big influence of defining "the band's best albums". Same thing will be with The Offspring's Smash and Americana (and hopefully RAFRAG, it has such chances too imo).
    Could you name any best selling album by any band that wouldn't belong to the band's bests-of-all-time?