Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Thank you You're the first one that actually likes it, all the others hate it and call it gay.

Well, um, THEY'RE gay!

But seriously, that is one of the most adorable animes that I've seen. And I don't even like anime; the closest I've come in the last 5 years or so to actually watching a real asian cartoon is when I played through the entire Persona series (which is awesome, BTW).
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

greenday suck balls
    www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

"if you throw a cup at my head again im dropping 'bob' outta the set-list"

Okay, here we go.

1. First song; kind of like an attempt to do a jazz/folk throwback track, I guess? Kind of wish the whole album would be like this; it would be nice. I didn't want to skip this track

2. Oh great, the second one sounds like every other Green Day song. It sounds kind of forced; like they asked 'how can we make this song different?" and then they just slapped a new song on the end that sounds nothing like the first half. I like that they included a breakdown in the song. But only because the song is called 21st Century Breakdown. I kind of want to skip this track once the solo comes in.

3. DO U KNW UR NMY? (ole ole) This song just sucks. I really want to skip it after about a minute. Is the chorus and verse identical? Yes. Yes, it is. Oh man, a bridge that sounds like Jesus Of Suburbia? Oh man. Please be over soon. I counted 5 cliches.

4. Man, this next song is hilarious. An attempt at heartfelt piano going directly into... what, Letterbomb? It sounds like Letterbomb. I liked Letterbomb. I don't like this song. Skipskipskip.

5. This one's even funnier holy shit. Wake me up, right guys? Fast foward past the boring. Into... eh, somewhat more boring. Is that offbeat ska? hahahahaha. My god. The chorus sounds really weird. Like, they're trying to be catchy, but it's not working properly. Too many strong beats, not enough weak ones. Clicheclichecliche. Whenever he solos, I wish he wouldn't. Also, the return to the Wake Me Up When September Ends thing sounds so terrible the second time around. Skip.

6. Dude, that is some fuzzy fucking bass. I like that. A lot. Don't fuck this up. (PS: Dear Billie Joe - your vocal melody was done by Agent Orange three decades ago, it's a fairly famous song called Bloodstains. That song wasn't good, either). OH COME ON, YOU FUCKED IT UP THIS IS SO SHITTY ARRGHHHHH!! THAT FUCKING BASS WAS SO COOL, WHAT IS THIS? Oh, cool, bring back that bass. Oh, let it become bad again. Cool. Whatever. Fuck you guys.

7. Oh fuck, that piano is back? That sucks. Make it quick, guys. You're not good at this sort of music. Sorry. Okay, I lasted a minute. Fast forward. I appreciate the effort, but you're just not good at this music, Green Day.

8. Radio dials changing is a cool way to start a song. Directly into a cool sounding guitar? Let's hope this pans out well. This isn't bad, actually. I kinda dig it, even if it's a little repetitive. It's the coolest song yet, and I like it. Now get that fuzzy bass from the 6th song back for THIS song! The end is kinda stupid. Oh well, B+ for keeping it awesome for the majority of the song.

9. What if Gogol Bordello wrote a song for Green Day? This would be it. Gogol Bordello's version would be better. This is still more interesting than almost everything else on the cd. I kinda dig it, even though I would change some stuff.

Okay, that's half. This is torturous. I'll do the rest later tonight, I need a break.

Mike that was awesome! The best part is the #5-6 streak.
    Before you speak think about what you're trying to say.
    Who else is there to blame for miscommunication?

<3 u free

Here we go! Part two!!

10. Bass heavy tracks are better than guitar heavy ones. I'm waiting for a line to start with "She's a rebel, she's a sai-ay-aint," because this album throws so much back to American Idiot. Also, I think I wrote this song. Like, the music for it. About two years ago. When I was 16. Billie Joe is, like, what, 40? Shit. It was okay, I guess.

11. Meh. Throwaway track, it sounds like whichever American Idiot song was like "it's not over until you're underground." Was that also Letterbomb? I don't remember. But it sounds like this. Whatever, I liked that one more.

SIDE NOTE: I really dislike Billie Joe's lyrics. Like, they're really uninteresting. The lyrics actually make the music more boring. Weeeaaaak.

12. Is that a harpsichord? Come the fuck on. That's a motherfucking harpsichord. This track will blow. Just because it has a harpsichord. Oh wow, I was right. Buh. It's like they wrote a song just so they could have a harpsichord in it. I'm unimpressed. The chorus sounds like St. Jimmy. It's like they've literally stolen all of their own ideas. Skip after 3 minutes, I don't care about another minute of the same shit. And if the harpsichord comes back, I might throw my laptop into the wall.

13. Oh, even better the next track is a piano bullshit one. With a fake fucking synthesizer orchestra. COME ON, YOU'RE FUCKING GREEN DAY. You can afford a real orchestra. Oh shit, that is autotune. Did anyone else notice that? "Somebody take this pain away..." more like take this T-Pain away, amirite? Get it? Because he can't actually sing that well and relied on studio techniques to hit a few of those notes. Skip. This song sucks.

14. This song is called Horseshoes and Handgrenades, apparently. Handgrenades? Like the cover of American Idiot? "Hey, guys, why don't we draw more comparisons to our last album?" This song is so garage rocky that I actually totally dig it. This song is something I want to have a chase scene to. Oh, the chorus is kinda weak. Oh well, the verse is cool. Nice work. Tre Cool isn't a very good drummer. Ho hum. I liked this song! Like, legitimately! Wow!

15. That sucks because this next one is shaping up to be terrible. Eh, it's okay. Not terrible. It sounds like old old Green Day again, but mixed with, like, something less interesting. It's kind of funny but mostly just, like, okay. It's whatever, bro. You know? Dude. Please, solo more. The key change was COOL. That was the first time I've been IMPRESSED with Green Day. Too bad the song is still just mediocre, but that key change was really interesting.

16. This song is too melodramatic. It's supposed to be heartfelt, but comes off sounding like a joke. I'm indifferent to its existence. Then comes in the fucking Eye Of The Tiger guitars. And I just can't stop laughing. Oh fuck you, Green Day, back to the heartfelt bullshit? Fuck you. Fastforward.

17. I like how this one brings back the first song off the cd. This is the only hint at cohesion that I can tell from this listen. Oh wait, excluding the fact that every song sounds like every other song. This song is too repetitive, it borrows too much of its melody and that lead guitar sounds too stupid. "hey, let's slow it down here and then let's play the same chords as some part from Jesus Of Suburbia again and call it a day." I like when he screams, though. I feel like Green Day should play screamo. I would actually like them. Oh man let's repeat the same thing a million times. Fastforward. Whatever.

18. I don't even want to listen to this. I finished the album and this song just isn't doing it for me. "I crossed the river, fell into the sea." That doesn't even make sense. Unless by "river" he means "That part of the ocean between here and the sandbar, but only during low tide." What a way to end. It sounds like the other songs. Fast forward. I like the end with the piano and the guitars. This is the only song where I actually like the piano.

This cd was too long and too repetitive, but there are a few songs on it that are legitimately great. Oh well. It should've been a shorter cd. Cut out a few of the throwaway tracks and we'll talk later, Green Day. Also, I know you like pianos, but why don't you save them for the bands who know how to incorporate them properly instead of only having them for the ballads? It's a little bit like a gimmick. Give it up quickly.

Lol, great anti-cliche review! I had a laugh, good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Mike: I <3 u. Like for reals. I may have popped a boner to your review...

And oddly enough the three songs you liked are actually the only songs I have check marked on iTunes. GET OUTTA MY HEAD!
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

I'm counting off points for your review for 2 reasons:

1) You didn't point out that "Mass Hysteria" sounds suspiciously like "Deadbeat Holiday" from Warning.

2) You didn't point out that "Static Age" has a VERY similar melody to "Church On Sunday," also off of Warning.

Seriously, those were like the first two things I noticed about those songs....although I still like them both. I think of it like The Bottle Rockets when they covered their own song, "Brand New Year," and made it completely different but still kinda the same 0.0
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Arrow Bah!!!

i don´t like..........
    YoUr LiPs Of CyAnIdE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I never really gave my take on the album, so here's a quickie. (LOL "quickie")

It is lyrically the most powerful album they have ever put out. It does not top American Idiot in terms of variety or anything like that. This is one loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong-ass-motherfuckin' album!!! Make sure you got some fuckin' crazy time on your hands before listening to this one! The songs will run together on this bitch, and you MAY get bored.

Dookie and Insomniac are still tied in first place for #1 Green Day albums of all-time! I would fuck both those albums, but sadly, my penis is too big to fit through the CD hole. American Idiot still has the best song structure and variety. Warning comes in close second. But 21st Century Breakdown has the best song writing and all that shit. Give it a listen!