Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

I thought this was nice: Who wrote holden caulfield feat. Davey Havok
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osdeqqGc4t0

So they played a "new" song a little while ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATz8DH6p0V0

"Cigarettes and Valentines": which, was also the name of the supposed pre-American Idiot album that "had it's master tapes stolen".

I like it, got more of a mid-career sound to it (like nimrod, insomniac).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

It does! It has a very Nimrod feel!
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Honestly, i feel like a sort of hypocrite saying this, especially given my stance on other band's musical evolution, but i really wouldn't mind if Green Day had a sort of "return to form", with their upcoming album (apparently their demoing stuff). I mean, maybe they've gotten sick of the "rock opera/concept album stuff", and feel like writing some more bare-bones songs. One can always dream, i suppose....
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Thumbs down My thought

Green Day sucks in my opinion. Why? Because my next door neighboor is a big fan of their shitty music and he knows that I hate that band no matter what they sell. So, he annoys me every fucking time he cranks up the volume and all I can hear is Billy Joe whatever singing like a whiney little bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 13 View Post
    Green Day sucks in my opinion. Why? Because my next door neighboor is a big fan of their shitty music and he knows that I hate that band no matter what they sell. So, he annoys me every fucking time he cranks up the volume and all I can hear is Billy Joe whatever singing like a whiney little bitch!
    i doubt your neighbour does it intentionally. still you must have a reason for disliking them apart from that?!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!

Yeah, thats songs is sounding pretty good. Got that old school Green Day energy I think is lacking in there new albums.

I like the new(ish) song. I honestly don't think the tapes got stolen... but one day they were messing around with the thirty second songs and then had the idea to do that... scrapped the rest and then just wrote more music. Then making the "stolen" story for an excuse for taking so long. I wasn't really impressed with 21st century during the fourth or fifth listening(its been a while my opinion might change) and the only reason why i got sick of AI(or mostly just boulevard and holiday) is because of the over playing EEVVVERRRYWHERE. I would love for them to do another album like nimrod or insomniac.... but I'd seriously would probably like one that sounds like Warning more.... That's my favorite from them.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

My thoughts are that the tapes didn't get stolen, they just thought most of the songs they were working on weren't that great, and decided to scrap them, and start again.

Warning is my favorite too.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

i read that some of their recordings got destroyed in a fire at the studio as well. it all may be true but then again, if albums get leaked online early theres outrage these days so if that did happen to a band like green day, i would have expected more than just the "oh well" kinda attitude we are led to believe!
    whenever i learn something new it pushes some old knowledge out of my brain, remember that home wine making course when i forgot how to drive?!