Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

My next door neighboor is a huge Green Day fan and I used to like a few of their songs. I don't listen to Tom because of his ego. rip Blink182

Why the hell is this stickied?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cock Joke View Post
    And so, Greg sayeth unto Ron, "THOU SHALT NOT SMITETH THE WRATH OF THY HUNGER!!!" Ron cameth back with "THAT MAKETH NO SENSE!" Greg hitteth Ron with a coloring book, and then cometh a new drummer...

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmau5 View Post
    Why the hell is this stickied?
    Not so much of an issue lately but there used to be hundreds of new Green Day threads all the time, and this stickies thread just made things easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by frunsi View Post
    Warning was their worst album imo.
    Whoa, what?? Warning is by far their most intricate, clever work to date. The arrangements were incredible... the feeling and emotion in those songs... the experimentation and genre-crossing... their previous albums were very simple (albeit good and fun), while the albums that followed have tried way, way too hard. Warning was just natural awesomeness in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    My expectations for the new album are incredibly low but that may be a good thing as I may end up being pleasantly surprised.
    Heh, my expectations are that they're gonna be right on par with my expectations, and therefore it'll be awful :P But maybe - just maybe - they'll surprise me. But I can not emphasis enough how much I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Their last couple of albums have been a little pompous and douchey, but American Idiot was a solid album, and I don't think they've ever released one I would call just plain shitty. So I expect this new juggernaut to be palatable at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Their last couple of albums have been a little pompous and douchey, but American Idiot was a solid album, and I don't think they've ever released one I would call just plain shitty. So I expect this new juggernaut to be palatable at worst.
    Their last two albums have been a little pompous and douchey, but one of their last two albums was a solid album? Make up your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Not so much of an issue lately but there used to be hundreds of new Green Day threads all the time, and this stickies thread just made things easier.
    well i think this probably doesn't need to be stickied 2004 was a long time ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7YpZONarY

A "trailer" for the first album of the trilogy.

The art is pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

What an awful trailer. Awful art. Kinda lame sounding music. And having an official trailer for your new album is kinda douchey. I'll still probably check out at least the first album, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

As douchey and pretentious as they have become, they really still sound like good 'ol Green Day to me, except they're talking about… well, douchey and pretentious things here lately. I have no doubt all three of these records will be catchy as hell, quality pop punk. If anyone honestly expects or has ever expected anything different from Green Day, something got lost in translation somewhere along the way.