Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Default That's the one from the trailer.

Walking at the dark vocals are great and the guitar "solo" too--some ska riffagge, echo and vibrato or whatever. If you know exactly what it is tell me, genres, styles or techniques. Those are peaks in the song.

Some typical, but modern sounding beat. Gay rock screams. Vibraslap is back, the offspring used it on OC Guns. Bananarama abused that instrument on their 1st album in 1983.

Also, the song is very repetitive and it's kinda annoying, but I guess that's how they get shitloads of 4 or 5 stars from allmusic.com.

I'm still somewhat indifferent with them...

This thread just confirms that I will never understand the collective opinion of this board. "Oh Love" is an incredibly bland but inoffensive song, yet gets pages of scorn from this thread. "Kill the DJ" is an awful song that sounds like it was purposely written to be in an cellphone commercial...yet the consensus towards it is positive. What the hell guys.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

I agree completely. Following up "Oh Love" with "Kill the DJ" was kind of like following up "Days Go By" with "Cruising California." Now, CC is a future frontrunner for the next wave of VH1-style "Worst songs of all time" lists and is obviously more ostentatious, while "Kill the DJ" will probably have a lot of people who like it just because it's Green Day. But the principle is the same- following up an innocuously boring song with one that's out of the band's comfort zone but ends up a total trainwreck.

I did like that other song they released, whatever it was called.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Well, CC is worse than this song by a lot even still just because the lyrics are so jaw droppingly awful. Kill the DJ works as Maroon 5-esque trashy pop radio song because the lyrics are so vague and vapid. Which really the Offspring should have done with CC and maybe it would have went over better with the mainstream crowd.

i think days go by is a better song than oh love

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    i think days go by is a better song than oh love
    I totally agree. Oh love is such a stupid, beyond boring song. Worst song ever by Green Day period.

How? I agree it's pretty boring, but there's a lot of Green Day songs that are way worse than boring.

It's just bad song, horribly boring, vocals/instruments aren't good. I have no interest in the new cd at all. It's a pretty stupid thing because it is 1 song but I don't care it just turned me off completely. I am not a fan of 21 Guns but I rather hear that everyday instead of Oh Love. Its just horrible.

I am not a fan of the song "Oh Love" but what kills me is that is receives SO much airplay just because it is Green Day. When Days Go By came out around here, I would hear it once or twice an hour at most on the radio but Green Days Oh Love I hear on every single radio station every hour. What gives? I bet 9/10 people would agree that Days Go By is a better song.

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I agree completely. Following up "Oh Love" with "Kill the DJ" was kind of like following up "Days Go By" with "Cruising California."
    My thoughts exactly. Great comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."