Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Man, I think I just don't like Green Day anymore. All three songs they've released so far are just so *yawn* for me. I don't hate them (except Oh Love, because that one is awful), but I have no interested in hearing these songs more than once. These songs are just so boring. At least this album doesn't sound as pretentious and obnoxious as the last two, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I'd be very interested in the new album (or albums) if they were more in the vein of their earlier material. Not simply a rehash, just more fast-paced, catchy songs. But even though two or three songs gave me a bit of hope, it's not enough to make me excited, knowing what American Idiot and 21st Century sounded like.

And I hate Oh Love with passion. It's the kind of a song that isn't exactly bad, but there's absolutely nothing exciting about it. You can't even say it sucks, because if it sucked really bad (like Cruising California) that would give it an unique character (which is probably why I can still enjoy listening to Cruising California, I do it for the lulz ). Oh Love is much worse than that simply because it's so damn BLAND. It bores me to death. Of course this is just my opinion, not a world-wide accepted truth.

edit: Placing Oh Love as the closing track on the album was a brilliant idea, as you don't need to skip the track. You can just take the CD out of your stereo, as you are done listening to the album anyway. This shows that they are still thinking about their listeners, who still prefer owning their music on a physical medium
    Last edited by Rooster; 09-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Man, I think I just don't like Green Day anymore. All three songs they've released so far are just so *yawn* for me. I don't hate them (except Oh Love, because that one is awful), but I have no interested in hearing these songs more than once. These songs are just so boring. At least this album doesn't sound as pretentious and obnoxious as the last two, though.
    i agree i probably won't listen to the new album i tried to listen to the last one but couldn't finish it

Oh man, same here! My sister bought it as soon as it came out. I saved it on my computer to try to listen to it, but only made it a few songs in before switching over to the offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

that is just something about Billy Joe that I just can't stand anymore. Not sure what it is yet. I think it's the way he sings or just his songwriting in general.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    that is just something about Billy Joe that I just can't stand anymore. Not sure what it is yet. I think it's the way he sings or just his songwriting in general.
    OMG THIS. I get this really uncomfortable feeling when I watch every single one of these new videos. I can only describe it as douche chills. It's that exact same feeling as when you're watching a movie and someone in it is making an ass out of himself. I can barely get through them. And I can't figure it out either.

Funny, though. I kind of liked "Oh, Love". "Nuclear Family" was pretty okay as well. Haaated the other one.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

I like Nuclear Family also. Again, just fun power pop.

I agree that releasing half of the album as singles at once is weird, but I get it to an extent. Major labels still don't really know how to cope with music becoming an almost completely digital thing and this marketing strategy of getting as much excitement for an album as possible is just an idea for how to create buzz.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Let Yourself Go is not bad. Haven't heard Kill the DJ yet, and the two other songs are nothing special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

uno leaked

I really like Let Yourself Go. Hate Kill the DJ. Oh Love actually has grown on me a bit. It's unimpressive in the context of "Sup peasants, we're Green Day and we're making an EPIC album and here's the first single so click this exclusive link and bow the fuck down to it, bitch!" but it's kind of a nice song that's easy to sing or drum along to if you hear it on the radio or on a bar's playlist.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"