Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Uno is streaming: http://www.punknews.org/article/4894...-green-day-uno

I like more of the album than i dislike. There's a lot of really solid pop songs on it (Nuclear Family, Carpe Diem, Fell For You are the stand outs for me). Oh Love is probably tied with Know Your Enemy and 21 Guns for being my least favorite Green Day song: and i'm not a big fan of Trouble Maker either.

Sounds like it should have been the proper follow up to Warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Not exactly a great album, but there is a lot to like on here. It reminds me of earlier Green Day, so that's a big plus, it's more fun and with more energy than the last one. There are still songs that I don't like, but the ups are plentier than downs.

An actually likeable Green Day album after all these years, I'll be damned...

Musically I really like it. It reminds me of that "Cheap Trick meets the Kinks meets the Buzzcocks" vibe of 39/Smooth. It's just fun and simple. I also really like that they didn't do a "21 Guns" or "Boulevard" on this.

Lyrically it's embarrassingly bad. I thought the meaningless political catchphrases of the last album were annoying, but somehow the meaningless pop song ones on this are worse. If you took the lyrics to "Carpe Diem" and put electronic music and a dance beat behind them, it could easily be the "you gotta do you" single from Katy Perry's next album.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

if green day don't want to be treated like a pop act maybe they should not play a pop festival?

also saying fuck 100 times in front of a bunch of kids is very punk what a tough guy

LOL downright ridiculous

now they are saying their set was not cut short billie joke was just strung out on drugs what a surprise

http://instagram.com/p/P7f8UqFj2q/

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    now they are saying their set was not cut short billie joke was just strung out on drugs what a surprise

http://instagram.com/p/P7f8UqFj2q/
    I fail to see how even the most extreme substances could have caused him to forget the setlist. I could inject morphine into my jugular and still notice a fuck-up with time tables.

aaaaaannnnd, it's official. The new Green Day joke for the next 9 months is "one fuckin' minute!" Go crazy.
    Last edited by BagOfShenanigans; 09-23-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

It's insane!! I've always thought he was pretty arrogant, but this takes the cake! Geez...

Selena

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    if green day don't want to be treated like a pop act maybe they should not play a pop festival?

also saying fuck 100 times in front of a bunch of kids is very punk what a tough guy

A reason for me to not like Green Day even more. Yeah this dude ain't shit, he acts like he's cool.
    Best Offspring Albums
    1. Ixnay on the Hombre
    2. Days go by
    3. S/T
    4. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace
    5. Ignition
    6. Conspiracy of One
    7. Smash
    8. Splinter
    9. Americana

another thing that makes offspring look like a joke other then cruising california is having a official thread about green day on their website