Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Which is again stolen from 9GAG which is again stolen from someone else when the joke was made in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

i have not heard it before then again last time i paid this much attention to green day was before 2005

It's hard to admit, considering how much I can't stand Billie Joe, hated the last album, and dislike AI... but this album is pretty darn good. Oh Love still sucks, but the album sounds like the better parts of AI mixed with a bit of Warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I don't get much AI feeling from it. More like a mixture of Warning and Dookie actually. Nuclear Family and Stay the Night are like taken out from a Dookie session.
    I don't really know what I think about this album now that I've let it sink in a bit. I like it better than 21CB without a doubt. There are not any songs I really don't like. Troublemaker maybe. Let Yourself Go and Kill the DJ are awesome, and I like Loss of Control and Angel Blue pretty well too. I think I feel this album is fine, not great but fine. My favourite albums of Green Day are Warning and AI, maybe this album is giving me a pre-Warning feel, and that's why I it's just fine.

In other news, I am going to see them live in Oslo the 30th of June. That will probably be fun. I saw them live in 2009, and they gave a great show.

I get a Nimrod meets Warning vibe about the album; i'm actually sort of excited to hear Dos: the clip I heard of Lazy Bones sounded better than just about anything on Uno. Speaking of which, im still listening to it: Nuclear Family and Loss of Control are my favorites at the moment.

How well is Oh Love or any of the other singles doing? I don't really listen to altrock radio anymore, but just for fun i checked my local station's (102.1 the Edge) "top 30" and it was nowhere to be seen, but Days Go By was still on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I don't know, Let Yourself Go sounds pretty generic and repetetive imho. My favorite off this album is Stay The Night, great melodies, lyrics, this one just flows really nicely. As has been mentioned before, there is no ballad which I take as a positive. Some songs are pretty cool, some are meh. Not a bad album. I also liked Rusty James, Angel Blue is nice too, even Kill The DJ grew on me
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

dos leaked

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    dos leaked
    If you by "leaked" mean the band officially released it on various internet sites for streaming, then yes.

Anyways, I am not going to listen to it until I have the physical copy in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    If you by "leaked" mean the band officially released it on various internet sites for streaming, then yes.

Anyways, I am not going to listen to it until I have the physical copy in my hand.
    I didn't know that I just saw it on newalbumreleases.net http://newalbumreleases.net/50578/green-day-dos-2012/

I don't really care about green day at all im just trying to get this thread to 2000 post so it gets closed

I kinda liked Uno at first, but to be honest I haven't listened through the whole album even once, as I was skipping songs I didn't like. It's better than 21st Century Breakdown, gotta give them that.

Now what I heard from Dos makes me wish they'd just choose the best songs and make a single decent album, instead of doing this trilogy thing. There are bands who might be able to pull it off, but Green Day just isn't that band. It's. Just. Too. Much.

But since I didn't even have any expectations for this at all I can't say I'm disappointed. Meh.