Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Official Greenday Thread

Default So uh......

Yeah, this isn't my upload, but here is a bootleg of the 21st Century songs played during the California club gig.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zynnwwnionm

Be warned though, the quality is really shitty, i mean, much worse then the videos that Camila posted, so keep an open mind until you hear the actual album version of the tracks. You'll be able to get a feel of the songs, but probably won't be able to make out a lot of the lyrics (kind of like the first bootleg of Hammerhead during Summersonic).

So far, based off the videos and this bootleg, Last Night On Earth, Peacemaker and Christian Inferno are my favorite so far.

Edit: Some songs from this album seem to have this really cool Warning vibe about them.

Edit II: Drama Queen is also a pretty catchy song: in the bootleg, it kind of sounds like security was taking the camera of the people beside the recorder.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 04-08-2009 at 09:25 PM. Reason: oh no i di-int
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Desperate sounds like it will be my favorite song from the album. I get this classic Green Day vibe from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

I was always excited for this album, but to be honest, after reading some of the song descriptions i became really hesitant, like the Rolling Stone review threw around words like "John Lennon" and "The Beatles" and i started to get worried, but so far, i've really liked what i've heard. They've got some straight ahead, catchy punk stuff. And the slowish songs sound pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Desperate sounds like it will be my favorite song from the album. I get this classic Green Day vibe from it.
    Yeah, it sounds like it's something they could have stuck on Insomniac.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYU9wGKoS34
    (decent quality video for anyone else interested)
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

To be honest, firstly I wasn't stoked about this album almost at all... The title track which I heard first seemed kinda mediocre to me, but now when I heard those other songs, I guess I can say I'm pumped. Thanks for the link Jacknife, this confirmed I'm going to like this song. From the others, Peacemaker was the other one that really caught my attention.
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Ok...I'm regaining interest in this album. There are too many songs pushing me towards being intrigued by it now. Desperate, East Jesus Nowhere, Peacemaker, Before the Lobotomy, and Christian's Inferno...this may be good stuff!
    "There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"

Camilamazed Guest

Just got news from the idiot club and there is gonna be a second show tonight in San Francisco.

=)

Quote Originally Posted by Camilamazed View Post
    Peacemaker
    East Jesus Nowhere
    Last Night On Earth
    Before the Lobotomy (intro)
    Before the Lobotomy (later on)
    Christian's Inferno
    Last of the American Girls
    Viva La Gloria
    They all sounded really lame except Peacemaker and Christian's Inferno. Way too many slow songs on here. None of these guys are talented enough to write so many of those kinds of songs, imo.
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

So i post in this thread way too much, but i thought some people may appreciate this; Green Day is playing a club show in san francisco tonight, and it seems as if it's going to get a live webcam broadcast! The doors for the show open 8pm local time, and i don't think there are any openers. There is supposed to be audio for this later, but we'll have to wait and see.

http://www.dnalounge.com/webcast/justin.tv.html

Edit: the stream seems to have stopped, so maybe it's not getting broadcast after all.

Edit II: Yeah, really not looking like it's going to be shown; i really should get back to working on my essay.

Edit III: Certainly should have realized that the band's label wasn't going to let some random website stream their new album live, over a month prior to its release. Still, at least there should be more media up.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 04-09-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: the fuck' you need a reason for?
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Haha, isn't justin.tv this kids thingy where 12-year-olds have webcasts?

Probably, but the club has a legit broadcast there. They have cameras that face the stage, ect. They were playing live video while Green Day's road crew was setting up, but it cut out about an hour before the doors to the club opened.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.