Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Music- Request and Upload Here

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    "Disturbia" by Rihanna is amazingly catchy. Anyone know if the rest of the album holds up?
    http://www.offspring.com/forums/show...t=35149&page=2

any dream theater or death?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

igustavo already uploaded a bunch of Dream Theater a few posts back.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    igustavo already uploaded a bunch of Dream Theater a few posts back.
    he didn't upload them. he ran a search for them and those links are in a weird format. they wouldn't expand after i downloaded them.

edit: and rapishare is trying to make me spend an hour to download 88 mb. with this connection, it usually takes a minute or two.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 12-01-2008 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Anyone have any Themselves? I'll take anything and everything you may have, but preferably The No Music. Any other Anticon stuff (other than Why? because I already have everything of his) you want to give me is welcome, as well. I know someone here listens to this stuff, that's how I got into Why? in the first place.

Also, I need The Blood Brothers' Crimes again.

Pleaseeee and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTerror View Post
    Anyone have any Themselves? I'll take anything and everything you may have, but preferably The No Music.
    nieh just posted that album in here a few pages back.
    Do The Pop

Quote Originally Posted by opivy21 View Post
    nieh just posted that album in here a few pages back.
    Yup:
    Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Themselves - The No Music

Out of all the random Doseone related stuff I've downloaded, this is easily his best and most consistent album outside of Subtle, probably due in part to the fact that all three people involved in Themselves are also core members of Subtle. Good People Check and Dark Sky Demo are both almost normal sounding catchy hip-hop songs while Live Trap is one of the more insane songs he's ever done (I swear, if he can't beat Twista in the speed department he at least gives him a damn good run for his money). I'd say it definitely tops out ExitingARM and is probably almost as good as A New White, though for different reasons. And it actually introduces the character Dr. Moon or Gun who is a part of the Hour Hero Yes mythology.
    Out of all the anciton stuff I've checked out, Subtle, Why?, 13 & God and the second Themselves album are the only things I've really gotten into. I've got both cLOUDDEAD albums (Doseone and Why? together with Odd Nosdam doing production) which I'm almost completely indifferent to, the Deep Puddle Dynamics album which is a supergroup between Sole, Alias, Doseone and Slug (from Atmosphere) which is...alright. It's got a decent groove but doesn't have any standout tracks. I've got 7 Doseone solo albums, most of which I didn't even listen to in their entirety. His most recent one has two amazing songs and the rest is alright but not essential. TV on the Radio have some ties to the anticon (they remixed a Subtle song, I think their singer has done guest vocals on a few anticon tracks and is forming a seemingly all-vocal supergroup with Mike Patton and Doseone). Let me know which of these you want me to upload. While I don't listen to either of them, Atmosphere and Sage Francis also both have ties to the anticon and I think someone else uploaded some of their stuff recently.

No one requested this, but this is definitely something everyone should check out:

God Is An Astronaut - S/T

Password for .rar file: www.alternative2punk.com

They're an amazing instrumental/post-rock band. I highly recommend putting on headphones, laying down and closing your eyes, and listening to this album. It's amazing.
    Math is more than formulas or equations; it's logic, it's rationality, it's using your mind to solve the biggest mysteries we know.

For llamas and Rick:
    Subtle - For Hero: For Fool

One of the most dense and awesome albums I've ever heard. The second part of the Hour Hero Yes trilogy. It was recorded shortly after the band was in a tour bus accident which left one of their members a quadriplegic. The resulting stress gave the album an overbearing anxious, tense, and bitter vibe, but there's a lot of beauty mixed in there too mostly coming from the full-time cello player. Musically it's incredibly busy and layered and constantly shifts between various styles ranging from almost Aphex Twin style electronica/IDM to spacey post-rock to dancey-club music, to 'tough guy' hip hop and virtually everything in between. Every time the music changes, the vocals do as well, constantly shifting delivery to the point where it could easily be mistaken that they have more than one vocalist (other members do occasionally do backing vocals, but all the lead stuff and even most of the backing stuff is him doing layers). He'll go from almost Twista-speed rapping to singing to tough-guy strutting at the drop of a hat. His natural voice is a little bit on the nasally side which doesn't really work that well on like 2-3 brief moments throughout the whole album, but he's got more than enough chops to make up for them.

Any Jawbreaker full length please. Preferably Dear You, i hear that's their most accesible record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.